[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

Guest C3C0

Guest Schwedenbitter

This is a known problem. But I'm not sure if it is really a problem with the ROM. Meanwhile I don't think so.

Another problem is the GPS. It worked just fine with the ROM from03OCT2012. The later ROMs need 5 minutes and more to get a stable GPS signal, which makes it impossible to navigate in time. As it worked I'm asking myself what happend with the GPS?

I helped myself with a fresh install of the ROM and the gapps. So make a backup an try if it works this way for you.

I have this problem every time a make a ROM update, because I don't like a fresh install, losing all my settings. Even make sure that there is a GPS source selected within the system settings.

In my opinion some GPS apps don't get current AGPS-Data. In this case I use the app "GPS Status".

Guest jtharmor

New version available.

Changelog 04/12/2012

- merged with the latest CM9 sources

- fixed generating of camcorder thumbnails

- fixed video playback in gallery using default player

- fixed visibility of "clear all notifications" button

- added missing Czech translations (thanks to shaez)

- updated Google apps (Gmail, Play store)

- possible to upgrade from previous build. Refer to upgrade instructions in the first post.

Cool !! Any updates on fix of messaging app. When i type name in contact it gets written in opp order.......for eg. jack gets entered as kcaj...... and you have to exit compose sms and try again.......

Well that's strange. I didn't touch messaging app myself - it comes unmodified from CM. So I have no clues what's going on there.

Any special steps how to reproduce??

Guest Schwedenbitter

@ C3C0

I append new or much better translations for the german language. For me it made a big difference between just reading and translating the text an to see it on a real running system. That's why I made some changes for a better understanding.

Sorry to make you do extra work. I don't need to be named in the changelog again; just merge it with your next good ROM.

Thanks a lot!

[edit] No problem with the messaging app here. [edit/]

ger_settings.xml

ger_settings2.xml

ger_strings.xml

Edited by Schwedenbitter

Guest Franck Black

C3c0, forgive my boldness, but I corrected the spelling mistakes that contained the file .... their hard work deserves a proper translation ...Please do not be offended my Spanish colleagues!, Not my intention.

thanks!

settings.xml

Guest jtharmor

Well that's strange. I didn't touch messaging app myself - it comes unmodified from CM. So I have no clues what's going on there.

Any special steps how to reproduce??

Messaging --> New Message -->Type contact name in 'To' field.

It starts typing from left to right instead of right to left..........

Guest dejanmil

Am I the only person missing cyanogenmod settings on this update?

Also the ucam pro apk is not working: properly as it shows a fixed image...

Thanks

This is Paranoid android based on CM, so u have paranoid setings.

Guest Redstarr1

Been a while since I flashed a rom on my loyal Skate (that's being used by my mom :P). PA has become the perfect rom for even technically challenged people (like my mom), big thanks again for that C3C0 :).

removed messaging from task killer working fine now :)

That's why I haven't used a task killer ever since I'm on ICS and JB, it'll just conflict with the built in task killer or give other errors.

Guest WiiSky70

Ok tested the latest Paranoid and i don't like the lag to open the apptray , the Touch Screen response could be improved

in the next build .

The rest , everything works OK .

Also minimum cpu frequency is set to 122mhz by default and potentially it may cause slowdowns. So I suggest increasing it to 200mhz. Anyway, trebuchet itself is not as fast as e.g. Nova launcher.

Guest omegavesko
Also minimum cpu frequency is set to 122mhz by default and potentially it may cause slowdowns. So I suggest increasing it to 200mhz. Anyway, trebuchet itself is not as fast as e.g. Nova launcher.

I've actually found trebuchet to be smoother than nova for some reason.

Well, might be but only in case "Cube" or "Card deck" transition effects are enabled.

Since Nova 1.3.1 the devs changed something regarding those animations and they started to be laggy compared to 1.3.0 version.

I also wrote a feedback on Play Store but nobody seem to care about it. Looks like there's no problem with devices with better hardware :)

I have turned off transition animations so I am using the basic one which is nice and butter smooth.

Edited by C3C0

Guest omegavesko
Well, might be but only in case "Cube" or "Card deck" transition effects are enabled.

Since Nova 1.3.1 the devs changed something regarding those animations and they started to be laggy compared to 1.3.0 version.

I also wrote a feedback on Play Store but nobody seem to care about it. Looks like there's no problem with devices with better hardware :)

I have turned off transition animations so I am using the basic one which is nice and butter smooth.

Hm, I'll definitely give it another go then, thank you.