Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

@Paul I just baked a new ROM with the latest additions and I noticed that even if I chose chrome to be included and wallet not to be included, when I flashed I show that wallet was included and chrome not.

I can fix that of course manually, but probably is good to know.

/d

Both fixed in the kitchen, thanks!

Any idea why some ROMs (mine is cooked) prevent contact images from being set?

Does it have anything to do with online vs offline galleries?

UPDATE - I've fixed my contact picture assignment issue. I don't like standing around waiting for people to work hard to fix an issue I might be able to fix myself.

I'm not exactly sure what was causing the problem, so I went the 'scorched earth' route.

I copied over the: contacts.apk, contactsprovider.apk and googlegallery.apk files from another Jelly Bean ROM to the 'system/app' directory after renaming the original files.

I also changed permissons on the files and did a reboot into recovery and a dalvik-cache wipe and permissions fix to be on the safe side.

And then rebooted with my fingers crossed.

Aside from having to re-add the 'phone' and 'contacts' icons to the main system tray, I've seen no side-effects.

On the plus side, I am now able to save cropped files as contact photos.

Thanks! I'll check this out.

Ive had a look through the thread, and could not find anything, but has anyone else got issues with LogCat? The output is all messed up, and the PID/Application/Tags are not being identified properly.

I'm not seeing that here?

P

Guest mimminito

I have attached an image to show you what I am getting. I have tried flashing a pre-bake ROM, and now a custom baked ROM, both which have had the same issues. Any suggestions as to how I can try and fix LogCat?

post-459701-0-17388300-1342429271_thumb.

Edited by mimminito

Guest mimminito

Does 'adb logcat' display correctly?

P

It appears to display ok yes. I can identify the different Log types when using that.

Im not sure its an eclipse issue, as other devices I have are displaying the debug info ok.

Guest mimminito

Updating now... We shall see! (I had just found another SO post talking about the same issue... Weird how it causes everything to be a warning...)

Guest tehgeekguy

can´t use google ears with MCR because it is disabled. but why it´s working on my rooted stock rom?

Working fine here.

Guest dimmanramone

can´t use google ears with MCR because it is disabled. but why it´s working on my rooted stock rom?

Works fine here too. Did you try to unfreeze google ears with titanium?

Guest burnedx420

Works fine here too. Did you try to unfreeze google ears with titanium?

found a solution. Installed Package enabler vom Play Store

Guest Xenio

Same for me, adding contact picture from the phone crash after cropping (with every app I have installed google gallery, quickpic etc).

Replacing contacts.apk, contactsprovider.apk and googlegallery.apk from another rom fix the problem.

Thanks

Xenio

Any idea why some ROMs (mine is cooked) prevent contact images from being set?

Does it have anything to do with online vs offline galleries?

UPDATE - I've fixed my contact picture assignment issue. I don't like standing around waiting for people to work hard to fix an issue I might be able to fix myself.

I'm not exactly sure what was causing the problem, so I went the 'scorched earth' route.

I copied over the: contacts.apk, contactsprovider.apk and googlegallery.apk files from another Jelly Bean ROM to the 'system/app' directory after renaming the original files.

I also changed permissons on the files and did a reboot into recovery and a dalvik-cache wipe and permissions fix to be on the safe side.

And then rebooted with my fingers crossed.

Aside from having to re-add the 'phone' and 'contacts' icons to the main system tray, I've seen no side-effects.

On the plus side, I am now able to save cropped files as contact photos.

Guest PaulOBrien

Same for me, adding contact picture from the phone crash after cropping (with every app I have installed google gallery, quickpic etc).

Replacing contacts.apk, contactsprovider.apk and googlegallery.apk from another rom fix the problem.

Thanks

Xenio

Thanks, investigating.

P

Guest nmesisca

Any news on new Prebakes?

I can understand not including new features/mod in the prebakes, but at least updating them with fixes for the bugs already found in previous versions..

:unsure:

Guest Cathal Garrad

Is there anyway to boost volume, Volume+ says its not working on JB and he seem lost as to why.

I there anyway to have increased volume by "X" percent as a kitchen option as its a known issue?

Also is there a vibrate on notification available?

Rom is fantastic otherwise ;-)

Guest PaulOBrien

Update! :)

New prebake online shortly.

Changelog

17th July 15:00

• Now based on the 4.1.1 / JRO03C release with a merge of the Nexus 7 JRO03D release based on details analysis of the changes.

P

Guest Sk1mble

Hi Paul. I'm installing now! Many thanks for all of your hard work.

Are there any qualitative differences between this and JR2 out of interest?

Guest ethicalstrategy

Added Flash Player to the kitchen (will be in a future prebake).

P

Have read through all the posts and can't see any additional info on this. I selected it in the kitchen and it is installed on my device but it isn't functioning in the browser. For instance, BBC sport just tells me that flash is not installed and takes me to the market which says Flash player is incompatible with my device.

Am I missing something?

Cheers

Paul

Guest drewstiff

Paul,

I remember you saying that you use Widgetsoid, as do I. Unfortunately if you make the notification widget stick to the top of the notification shade in JB, you never get rich notifications unless you manually enlargen them as it only normally applies to the topmost notification (which is always Widgetsoid).

Do you know if there might be a way to enable rich notifications by default for all new notifications, even if not at the top of the notification shade? If you could point me in the right direction I might have a look see if it is something I could do myself (might be outside of my current skillset though!).

Guest comicbookguy

Is there anyway to boost volume, Volume+ says its not working on JB and he seem lost as to why.

I there anyway to have increased volume by "X" percent as a kitchen option as its a known issue?

Also is there a vibrate on notification available?

Rom is fantastic otherwise ;-)

Volume + is working pretty well for me on Jr2, despite what it says on Google Play. The Dev's website ( androidaudiohacks) says its not working, but mine restored from backup and seems OK..........

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest PaulOBrien

Have read through all the posts and can't see any additional info on this. I selected it in the kitchen and it is installed on my device but it isn't functioning in the browser. For instance, BBC sport just tells me that flash is not installed and takes me to the market which says Flash player is incompatible with my device.

Am I missing something?

Cheers

Paul

I'll check the preinstall. You can directly grab the latest APK here - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Paul,

I remember you saying that you use Widgetsoid, as do I. Unfortunately if you make the notification widget stick to the top of the notification shade in JB, you never get rich notifications unless you manually enlargen them as it only normally applies to the topmost notification (which is always Widgetsoid).

Do you know if there might be a way to enable rich notifications by default for all new notifications, even if not at the top of the notification shade? If you could point me in the right direction I might have a look see if it is something I could do myself (might be outside of my current skillset though!).

I've not tried Widgetsoid on JB yet!

P