Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest corpisa

Jr4 online, including prebake.

:)

P

Changelog

18th July 15:00

• Upgraded / fixed Flash Player and added BBC iPlayer to the kitchen.

thanks a lot...!! Downloading and testing:)

Slds,

Guest bellamy

Hi there.

A few bugs i found (One already reported here):

1st: Setting my people app to only show my gmail contacts causes FC on the APP. (Jr3 affected, Seems solved on Jr4)

2nd: Setting photo to my contact, trying to cut the photo, the Contacts FC. (Jr3 affected, Jr4 affected in some photos (I was able to set one photo as contact photo).)

3rd: Dialer app flickrs on switch from phone to recent and recent to phone, due to different magnifier and settings icons position. (Jr3 affected, Jr4 solved (it's super smooth now!) ).

Overall rom is more fluid.

So, it's getting better every day.

Thanks Paul.

Guest ethicalstrategy

Flash is in all builds.

P

Installed Jr4 custom ROM from kitchen and flash and iPlayer both working.

Realised that it was just the wording in the kitchen which confused me. Used to say Adobe Flash, now says BBC iPlayer.

Anyway, many thanks.

Guest Paulo Nobrega

is it just me that Music FX does not get installed??? or Ears... baked several roms...

Edited by Paulo Nobrega

Guest jmagee
is it just me that Music FX does not get installed??? or Ears... baked several roms...

All ok here, although you have to defrost ears using titanium.

Guest jmagee

All ok here, although you have to defrost ears using titanium.

Guest harmz

Hi there.

A few bugs i found (One already reported here):

1st: Setting my people app to only show my gmail contacts causes FC on the APP. (Jr3 affected, Seems solved on Jr4)

2nd: Setting photo to my contact, trying to cut the photo, the Contacts FC. (Jr3 affected, Jr4 affected in some photos (I was able to set one photo as contact photo).)

3rd: Dialer app flickrs on switch from phone to recent and recent to phone, due to different magnifier and settings icons position. (Jr3 affected, Jr4 solved (it's super smooth now!) ).

Overall rom is more fluid.

So, it's getting better every day.

Thanks Paul.

I've flashed the Jr4 release and I've still got the issue with the contacts FC'ing everytime it's opened.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Guest MacAllan

I've flashed the Jr4 release and I've still got the issue with the contacts FC'ing everytime it's opened.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Three things.

1. Have you made a clean install?

2. Do you use the latest bootloader?

3. Do you sync the contacts with Gmail? If you don't it might be problem when rebulid contactlist from your backup.

Guest bellamy

Three things.

1. Have you made a clean install?

2. Do you use the latest bootloader?

3. Do you sync the contacts with Gmail? If you don't it might be problem when rebulid contactlist from your backup.

Mine was a fresh, clean install :)

Btw, i set that option just with google+ installed, before installing facebook and other services. Maybe you can give it a try!

Guest FatherD

@Paul ..just loving JR4, but wanted to have a go at some alternate circle mods on my device only for now .. where are those pesky battery icons hiding? :ph34r:

Target acquired .. found the Mods folder :D

Edited by FatherD

Guest Carlo Jessurun

Paul! I'm getting sick results with the ROM in combination with Imoseyons kernel.

I'm running version v4.1.0exp2-230 and the battery live is just amazing. I have a 0.7% drop per hour now :D

Guest PaulOBrien
Paul! I'm getting sick results with the ROM in combination with Imoseyons kernel.

I'm running version v4.1.0exp2-230 and the battery live is just amazing. I have a 0.7% drop per hour now :D

Sweet! :-)

P

Guest bellamy

I was mistaken.

This is not solved! I just forgot to select the CM T9 Dialer :P

Without the CM T9 dialer, everything is really smooth! With the CM T9 Dialer it has the lag and flickr i told before.

Maybe porting the dialer from some CM10 device will solve it? (I don't even know if CM10 has the T9 Dialer already). Just saying :P

Thanks again Paul.

Guest i628d

Anyone having problems finding the pictures they just took with the camera?

When I take a picture, I should be able to flick to the left to see it. I get an old one, the new one is nowhere to be found, at least for a while.

Guest tehgeekguy

Anyone having problems finding the pictures they just took with the camera?

When I take a picture, I should be able to flick to the left to see it. I get an old one, the new one is nowhere to be found, at least for a while.

I haven't had that problem at all. As soon as I take a picture it's available immediately for review by swiping from right to left.

Guest i628d

I haven't had that problem at all. As soon as I take a picture it's available immediately for review by swiping from right to left.

Odd. So, I found my pictures. They're just out of order - something is messing up the timestamps in the database and showing every picture (except the newly taken one) with a timestamp two days in its future. So a picture taken yesterday will be in front of a picture taken today. (I found this by looking at the picture's Details).

Eventually something updates the database record of the new picture to two days in the future also, because eventually it does show up in front. It doesn't happen immediately.

It's just in the Gallery database where this seems to happen. If I USB mount the phone to the computer and browse to the picture, it's correct there.

The time and date on my phone is correct. It's like the media scanner is ahead.

The time stamp on the file itself (viewed on Windows via USB) and the EXIF data is correct.

It's just when I view it in Gallery using the Detail view, that date is two days in the future.

Edited by i628d

Guest i628d

Odd. So, I found my pictures. They're just out of order - something is messing up the timestamps in the database and showing every picture (except the newly taken one) with a timestamp two days in its future. So a picture taken yesterday will be in front of a picture taken today. (I found this by looking at the picture's Details).

Eventually something updates the database record of the new picture to two days in the future also, because eventually it does show up in front. It doesn't happen immediately.

It's just in the Gallery database where this seems to happen. If I USB mount the phone to the computer and browse to the picture, it's correct there.

The time and date on my phone is correct. It's like the media scanner is ahead.

The time stamp on the file itself (viewed on Windows via USB) and the EXIF data is correct.

It's just when I view it in Gallery using the Detail view, that date is two days in the future.

This bug report seems to describe my issue:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=34954

And here's some talk about it on RootzWiki:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/29788-resolved-jelly-beannexus-pics-out-of-order-date-taken-exif-data-missing-looking-for-a-fix/

Guest FatherD

@Paul .. I have successfully messed about with a different circle mod, merging it into, and flashing my system.ui .. just one question, to offer it up for anyone with the variety of excellent Soft-key mods that you offer - does it work by replicating your Mods folder hierarchy replacing your battery pngs with a different set? If so, does it merge the changes on a subsequent boot-up? or is there another process I should get my head round!? (oops that's 3 questions!)

Many thanks :D

post-628580-0-73660500-1342811991_thumb.

My preferred battery, the basic UOT in JB Blue!

Edited by FatherD