Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul, I will put together a quick .zip for you and get you a link with some instructions. BTW your ROM is killer, best battery life, super smooth and stable! Thanks for your work! It is really appreciated.

EDIT: there are also some build prop edits that must occur to call on the ril_lte.so file. I will include the build.prop of yours that i edited to make it work. Also i am including the BT and Wifi drivers that have better luck with the LTE devices. The boot.img file is a Franco kernel as well, and work amazingly well.

Awesome, i'll add this to the kitchen for the next release! :)

Hi Paul, I've been running Franco's kernel and associated app for 13 days now and it is great. Being able to correct the colour on the OLED display makes this handset perfect for me.

As for OLED. I truly can't understand some folks preference for other technologies. The blacks are simply amazing, other technologies truly pale in comparison. And while I'm at it, Pentile Matrix. Why is this a dirty word in some user's vocabulary? I have seen closeup micscope pics, and they do look a little fuzzy and weird. But back in the real world, Pentile looks great. The Galaxy NEXUS is handsdown the best handset I've come across, once you install Franco's kernel and tweak the colours. But the killer feature is Jelly Bean. Now, today. Not hacked or some talented dev's own compile. But straight from Mountain View.

As the great Steve Jobs famously said, "It's the software, dummy.". Don't be wooed and fooled by hardware specs. Software is where the magic happens.

I only wish Google made a 3.7 inch device I could give to my petite girlfriend.

Thanks. Have fun. Anil

The Nexus S isn't far off 3.7". ;)

P

Guest Homer314

Hi all, i just install Jr5 as my first Jelly Bean rom coming from cyano 9.

I full wipe my gnex before flashing MCR but now Audio Players (stock and market) or Image Galleries can't find my old files but just new once (coming from a fresh camera shot for example).

From pc browser and from adb shell files are in position and permissions are right.

Any advice ?

Thanks

Guest Homer314

Hmm, strange, I guess it's not searching those directories. You could force a media scanner with something like Rescan Media and check for .nomedia files?

P

Thanks for reply P., but unlisted files are in the same directories !

Guest rgomesf

Hi all, i just install Jr5 as my first Jelly Bean rom coming from cyano 9.

I full wipe my gnex before flashing MCR but now Audio Players (stock and market) or Image Galleries can't find my old files but just new once (coming from a fresh camera shot for example).

From pc browser and from adb shell files are in position and permissions are right.

Any advice ?

Thanks

Maybe it is related to Rom Manager:

https://twitter.com/clockworkmod/status/235962420756115456

https://twitter.com/clockworkmod/status/235962511793463296

Guest siedkins

Can I ask if Lux is behaving any better on Jelly Bean MCR yet? I've left it off my device ever since not being able to answer calls.

Thanks,

Si

Guest Zarch1972

Can I ask if Lux is behaving any better on Jelly Bean MCR yet? I've left it off my device ever since not being able to answer calls.

Thanks,

Si

Works perfect. Lux released newer versions with bug-fixes! :)

Guest Zarch1972

Anyone had their own ringtones become unavailable?

I've got a few small mp3 files in my /sdcard/ringtones directory (where they've always been), but since the other day they are no longer selectable through settings/sounds/phone ringtone, all I see is the default ones. Its as if my ringtones directory is no longer being scanned.

I've looked at the directory through root explorer and all the permissions seem fine.

Wierd??

Guest Puzzlegirl
Anyone had their own ringtones become unavailable?

I've got a few small mp3 files in my /sdcard/ringtones directory (where they've always been), but since the other day they are no longer selectable through settings/sounds/phone ringtone, all I see is the default ones. Its as if my ringtones directory is no longer being scanned.

I've looked at the directory through root explorer and all the permissions seem fine.

Wierd??

Do you have the ROM Manager bug as mentioned a few posts above?

Guest Zarch1972

Do you have the ROM Manager bug as mentioned a few posts above?

It must have been. I used "Rescan Media" and all appears okay now.

Strange though as i've not actually used ROM Manager for a while, only updated when prompted by the Play Store.

Guest Puzzlegirl

It must have been. I used "Rescan Media" and all appears okay now.

Strange though as i've not actually used ROM Manager for a while, only updated when prompted by the Play Store.

It was the update that caused the problem! Glad you got it sorted out anyway.

Guest gianton

Does this rom also work with IMM76K(the model which didnt get the official JB update yet)?

+1 on that

Just got a Galaxy Nexus and I have the same model.

Thanks

EDIT:

It installs great, thanks!

Edited by gianton

Guest DarkGruf

Hey Paul,

There is a new version of Google Wallet on the play store that can accept any credit card. I believe it's version 1.5-R75-v6 while the one include in the jr5 rom is 1.1-R67-V12and if I update Wallet from Play store web site it does not work anymore (not yet supported in your region aera). Could you update it in the rom please.

Guest DarkGruf

I noticed very low Wifi signal (1 to 2 bars) at home with my device. Is there a fix to make the signal stronger?

If you use Franco's Kernel and his application you can try to tick «Wi-FI PM_FAST» under settings.

Guest gianton

If you use Franco's Kernel and his application you can try to tick «Wi-FI PM_FAST» under settings.

Is this making the signal stronger, have you tried it with this ROM?

Thanks

Guest Cathal Garrad

Please bump the volume.

If you let the user bump it by the percentage they choose the offer of €50 still stands, I can give it to MS Society if you prefer ;-)

Guest Puzzlegirl
Working on an update to this now, including new Wallet, updated apps, TeamViewer QS support and a couple of other bits and bobs.

P

:D Looking forward to this!

Guest DarkGruf

Is this making the signal stronger, have you tried it with this ROM?

Thanks

I have this setting under JR5 and yes a bit stronger signal and also better download when screen off.