I have blown my battery-charging circuit

Guest Geoff2

Guest Geoff2

I know this is a long shot, but here goes...

Two days ago, I needed to use my SF as a sat nav, but my car charger was broken. I (stupidly) attempted to wire up a micro usb socket to an old Nokia car charger, which didn't work. This has now blown my phone's charging circuit. Batteries don't charge in the phone, however the phone will work when connected to an external power supply.

(I have already purchased a Huawei G300 as a replacement, but I would also like to keep my OSF as I think the smaller size will make it more pocketable, more robust and will have better battery life.)

So: are there any electronics wizards out there that can work out which component of the phone I have blown, and whether it is possible to replace it? (I almost certainly had the positive and negative leads the wrong way around in my home-made charger.)

Guest android@sam

You can show your SF to the nearer service center instead of trying to repair it yourself.And for battery issue you can use a seperate mini battery charger if available

Guest uosiek

Why didn't you watch Nokia charger tech specs first?

To charge a phone You need 4.50-5.50VDC (10% tolerance of 5.0VDC).

Max current doesn't matter (battery will eat only as much as it can eat) as long as Your charger is constant voltage, not constant current.

Guest Geoff2

Why didn't you watch Nokia charger tech specs first?

(Horse. Stable door. Bolted.)

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to go with the external charger solution as they are so cheap and I already have 3 spare batteries for my blade.

I am very impressed with the G300, especially so because over the past few days, the official version of ICS has been released in China, and the hackers have already found a way to unlock the bootloader! However, the Blade will be perfect for taking to music festivals etc, as it's now quite old so I won't feel too bad if I break it or lose it.