Cant boot into FTM or CWM

Guest laserhanen

Guest laserhanen

Hey people, i think i semi-bricked my ZTE blade II.

I followed this guide http://techtips.org.uk/2011/12/guide-to-unlock-orange-san-francisco-ii/ to unlock the phone to work on all networks.

At first it went quite well, I got to the step where I was running "download.exe" however i ran into some problems, so i went back a few steps and I tried to run the "install-recovery.windows.bat" file again.

This seems to have bricked my phone somehow, i can no longer boot into FTM mode, nor boot into clockworkmod. Before i had no problems booting into FTM.

But i can still do a normal boot so the phone is still usable, but i really wanna be able to unlock it and switch ROM.

Does anyone have any ideas how i can restore my phone to be able to boot into FTM?

I would appreciate help on this very much :)

Best Regards

Laserhanen.

Guest Dazzozo

You did not semi brick anything. First, are you sure you have a Crescent and not a Blade II? You can just fastboot flash recovery again.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I'm not experienced in trouble-shooting or anything so this may not help you at all but I'll try anyway;

Plug your phone into your computer then hold down Power+Vol- and see if anything happens, um if USB debugging is turned on on your device then you should be able to fastboot CWM onto your phone but apart from that, you're better off waiting for Daz or Raverrr or some of the other experienced guys here to comment.

edit- Daz was too quick.

Edited by CurtisAndroidSF2

Guest chris231

Assuming you've got a San Fran II (aka ZTE crescent) which is different from the Blade II (as Daz said).

Then try this:

Phone is well charged and disconnected from PC.

Press power on and vol- does that get you to CWM? you will have to hold them down for awhile.

If no go. Then maybe try a CWM image in the image folder of your SD card (unzipped of course)

Then power on whilst holding down vol+ and home.

Chris

Guest laserhanen

You did not semi brick anything. First, are you sure you have a Crescent and not a Blade II? You can just fastboot flash recovery again.

Wow this is abit embarrasing i have the Blade II i thought it was the same as the Crescent :unsure:

Anyway i tried to flash the recovery.img again with fastboot, it didnt work, still cant boot into FTM, i did get this message though "adb server out of date, killing..." could this cause this problem?

I'm not experienced in trouble-shooting or anything so this may not help you at all but I'll try anyway;

Plug your phone into your computer then hold down Power+Vol- and see if anything happens, um if USB debugging is turned on on your device then you should be able to fastboot CWM onto your phone but apart from that, you're better off waiting for Daz or Raverrr or some of the other experienced guys here to comment.

edit- Daz was too quick.

Assuming you've got a San Fran II (aka ZTE crescent) which is different from the Blade II (as Daz said).

Then try this:

Phone is well charged and disconnected from PC.

Press power on and vol- does that get you to CWM? you will have to hold them down for awhile.

If no go. Then maybe try a CWM image in the image folder of your SD card (unzipped of course)

Then power on whilst holding down vol+ and home.

Chris

I tried putting recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-blade2.img in the image folder on the root directory of my SD-card and then turning the phone off and starting it with volume+ and home button pressed simultaneously this also resulted in the phone getting stuck on the green android guy when booting up.

When i do the power+vol- (as i done numerous times before to get to FTM and then it worked, but not now :( ) the screen just get stuck on the green android guy, and i have to remove the cable/battery to get the phone functioning again.

I suppose i posted this thread in the wrong forum, i didnt find a forum for the ZTE Blade i thought the Sa fra II was the same phone.

I also tried booting to CWM from the computer using fastboot but this also resulted in the phone getting stuck on the green android guy.

Edited by laserhanen

Guest fr0do

There is no help here for the Blade 2, only the crescent, or orange san francisco ii (also known as the French Blade S, the T-Mobile Vivacity, and Telnor Touch).

Guest Dazzozo

We were previously known as the Blade 2 and that's what would've caused your confusion. The recovery you are attempting to flash is completely incompatible and you will have to find a recovery for your phone, and currently MoDaCo does not have a Blade II forum.

Guest laserhanen

Thanks for your efforts to help me, i am now 100% sure i have the ZTE Blade II (Thats what it says on the box i got when i bought the phone). I will try look for a recovery for my specific phone model, any tips on where to look?

edit: I can only find these http://android.podtwo.com/recovery.php?device=blade2 from the guide on http://blog.podtwo.com/android/recovery/ClockworkMod%20Recovery%20for%20ZTE%20Blade2.html

They seem to be blade II specific, though they still wont get me into CWM or FTM.

Edited by laserhanen