USB WebCam

Guest wasps

Guest wasps

Does anyone know if it's possible to connect a USB Webcam to a Vega running any ROM (preferably an ICS based one)

I've found a post somewhere (can't remember if it was here or TR) but it appeared to state that there was a 'USB Webcam' option within Settings.

However, I can't find that in ICS, so i'm assuming that it's something which was in an earlier version of Android.

I've got a number of different webcams, from unbranded ones, to logitech ones, and really would be happy to get any one of them working.

If anyone has any ideas how to get one up and running, please let me know.

thank you

Guest IanTurner

Found a thread dating back to December 2010 referring to the option when listing working usb devices. So that makes it a froyo rom.

Guest wasps

yeah, that's about all I could find too.

I'm kinda surprised that if Froyo had that functionality, that HC and ICS don't.

I know we're using custom ROMs and there's never any guarantee that functionality exists from one version to another....

but in practice, I generally find that functionality is rarely lost, so I can't help thinking that if it used to be possible, then it's probably still possible.... somehow.

Guest IanTurner

There's a finite amount of rom space and wired ethernet adapters are in greater demand given that contrary to popular opinion the front facing camera is a webcam.