Is there any way to increase the internal storage?

Guest jmzoakley

Guest jmzoakley

I love my Vega with 3.2 Honeycomb on it, and I don't really want to flash it again as I've got it set up perfect for the apps I use, the only problem is I seem to be running out of internal storage, is there any way to increase this?

A lot of apps allow me to move them to SD but not all, and some are quite big. I'm happy with my base apps, the regulars, but I like to try new games and new stuff that comes out and it's getting to the point where I don't want to delete what I've got to try newer ones. Any tips for what I can do about this?

Guest Moxo6

Use Links2SD to move the apps that won't move to the SD card. You first have to partition the SD card for app storage, but once it's set up properly (there are various posts on this site explaining how to use Links2SD) you can move the entire app to the SD card, regardless of whether it's supported or not.

Whereas the builtin apps2sd copies certain files over, Links2sd transfers the entire app along with all related files to the SD card, and places a 'shortcut' on the internal storage which refers to the SD card whenever the app is launched.

I've used it to install large games onto my SD card with very little fuss.

Guest jmzoakley

Just an update, this worked a treat! Backed up my SD, used minitool to resize and create a new partition in ext4, then installed the Link2sd app and it all went without a hitch.

Many thanks.

Guest richardmlea

That's excellent, thanks for the speedy reply. Spot on! Does it affect widgets though?

Yes, widgets may fail to load when you reboot if you move the app that owns it to the SD card.