[23/07/2013][ICS] Eco CM9 - aiming for stability and battery efficiency

Guest jventura

Guest Linus X.

My problem with backups is I don't want to use a google account to sync all my data. That's where Titanium came in handy. I'll figure out other ways.

When I open the terminal emulator I only get a message "Terminal session is running" and then it closes. What am I doing wrong?

Btw, I had one more FC so far: When I first tried to set the time for the alarm. But now it works just fine. Weird technology... ;-)

You didn't answer my question about lowering the CPU clock. So you don't know or never tried it?

Thanks for your patience!

Linus X.

Guest Linus X.

I just used blade checker and found that my partitions are:

System: 136MB

Data: 302MB

Cache: 2MB.

I guess the small System partition is the root of all my trouble? Do you think changing to 160/279/2 makes sense or what would you suggest? Should I flash the ROM again or can I backup what I have now and restore it on the larger partition?

Hope that will solve the WiFi issue as well...

Cheers,

Linus X.

Edited by Linus X.

Guest jventura

I just used blade checker and found that my partitions are:

System: 136MB

Data: 302MB

Cache: 2MB.

I guess the small System partition is the root of all my trouble? Do you think changing to 160/279/2 makes sense or what would you suggest? Should I flash the ROM again or can I backup what I have now and restore it on the larger partition?

Hope that will solve the WiFi issue as well...

Cheers,

Linus X.

160 MB is the minimum for these ICS and JB builds that me and Konsta have been releasing. You must change to 160MB System.. Use the "TPT Helper" application from the Google Play to help you..

About restoring system things like contacts/messages, you can try again using Titanium backup, although I do not do it myself. If the 160 MB fixes the errors, better, else you must also remove Titanium Backup from the equation.. :)

Guest Linus X.

Now that I probably found the issue, I wonder if I should still use your ROM or Konsta's, as you wrote his is more "state-of-the-art". Did you modify things in the ROM to reduce battery drain, or would applying your tipps from the 3rd post on Konsta's KANG have the same effect?

Cheers,

Linus X.

Guest jventura

Now that I probably found the issue, I wonder if I should still use your ROM or Konsta's, as you wrote his is more "state-of-the-art". Did you modify things in the ROM to reduce battery drain, or would applying your tipps from the 3rd post on Konsta's KANG have the same effect?

Cheers,

Linus X.

Well, by now I think they are almost the same, since some of the updates I added here, were upload to CM9 and Konsta eventually added to his.

By "state-of-art", I say that Konsta's build has center clock, now has HQ youtube (mine don't), and other things like that. If you need HQ Youtube or center clock, you should use Konsta's build.. Eventually i will add mms auto retrieval to this ROM (now only for cm10)

But I recommend you to jump to cm10, since I believe it is very usable by now.

Guest jventura

why not yet with youtube hq working?

Because I still don't need it, and didn't explore how much work should be done to integrate the patches.. :)

Edited by jventura

Guest bezerra

Because I still don't need it, and didn't explore who much work should be done to integrate the patches.. :)

youtube hq and panorama working as in konstat cm9 will be cool! ;)

Edited by bezerra

• 1 month later...
Guest jventura

17/12/2012 (http://www.multiupload.nl/GNP9IVXJWQ)

• Synced with CM9 repositories
  • Fixed Youtube HD and Video Player on Gallery (Ganster's patches at [1])
  • Fixed Video Thumbnails on Gallery (gntcs patch at [2] - And a little help from KonstaT)
  • Removed Trebuchet Wallpapers
  • Added CMFileManager from CM10 (latest sync)
  • Update proprietary files (from KonstaT's github)

Hi there,

just made a new fresh build, here is the changelog, ICS google apps on the first post.. :)

More info on the first posts, tips for battery efficiency on the 3rd post!

Enjoy

Guest Pau Tantan

I will try this ROM!

Half-day battery more or less with KonstaKANG CM10.

Thanks and hello all!

EDIT: I installed the ROM but i have a problem with install apps from WEB Google Play, system says me "Has not agreed to the Google Play Store on your device with this email account."

But of course i did it.

EDIT2: Finally, it was fixed, the phone appears in Google Play as "Yoigo Unknown ZTE Blade".

Congratulations for the ROM, is so fast.

Tomorrow I will test battery duration!

What a first message in the forum xD

Edited by Pau Tantan

Guest jventura

apps crashed a lot on this update i dont know why

What apps are crashing?

only one crash here, that is on the theme manager, did you remove it?

I only had a crash in CMFileManager, mainly because it had to be hacked so it could run in CM9. CMFilemanager calls java methods which are only on the JellyBean framework, so I had to removed those calls. Besides that app, no crashes for me!

About theme manager, I removed it, but if people need it, I can make a zip file to flash ThemeManager to /system/app.

Guest jventura

jventura, your builds seam to be nice! Why dont you try building a CM10 or a CM10.1?

I believe CM7 to be just perfect for our devices. Unfortunately, my girlfriend and my sister like the look of this version, and are used to it, so I have to update this for them. In my opinion CM10 does not bring many improvements for the blade, and the fact that battery disappears very fast for my use case, it is a no no..

Can you make a zip so we can enable themes?

Check first post (Add-ons).. :)

Battery life is the same as CM10 KonstaKANG for me. :(

Allow it more days, you can't test battery in a ROM just with one or two days. Also, have you tried the ideas on 3rd post?

Finally, if you use the phone regularly for gaming, it drains so fast that you can't notice any difference. If you use your phone for sms and playing soft games (like sudoku and similar), most of the drainage comes from the g-sensor being on. So, it always depends on your usage, but check the 3rd post for tips!

Yeah, that zip would be great since I like to change my theme once in a while just to change things up.

Since you removed the theme manager from the rom, you should've removed the "Themes" option in the settings just to avoid these kind of "complaints" that people make.

I can adb push the apk to /system :)