[ROM][ICS] Miuiv4 2.7.4 for the Huawei Ascend G300[Last updated: 04/07]

Guest Geno.Kolar

Guest Alkafer

What stage are you at Alkafer? I presume you have just flashed the rom and rebooted and its stuck on Huawei logo. If this is correct, it happens regularly after flashing and a battery pull will work usually. Done it a few times myself

Yes, after install the ROM. I'll try to pull the battery and come back to tell if it works.

Thank you!

Guest dt_matthews

Is there an MD5 for the rom file?

I get: b573ae1874dada928471f40ca7e2e7a0

can anyone who has flashed ok confirm their md5?

cheers!

Edited by dt_matthews

Guest omegamoon

I re-installed the adb drivers, rebooted Window$, made sure USB debugging is enabled and finally re-ran unlockbootloader.exe

This time the "Root" option gave following output. That's for the first time I saw that!

shell@android:/ $ cd /data/local/tmp

cd /data/local/tmp

shell@android:/data/local/tmp $ ./mempodroid 0xd524 0xab8f sh

./mempodroid 0xd524 0xab8f sh

shell@android:/data/local/tmp # mount -o remount,rw -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 /system

ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 /system                                            <

shell@android:/data/local/tmp # cat /data/local/tmp/su > /system/xbin/su

cat /data/local/tmp/su > /system/xbin/su

shell@android:/data/local/tmp # chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su 

chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su

shell@android:/data/local/tmp # chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su

chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su

shell@android:/data/local/tmp # cat /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk >/system/app/S

uperuser.apk

eruser.apk >/system/app/Superuser.apk                                         <

shell@android:/data/local/tmp # chown 0644 /system/app/Superuser.apk

chown 0644 /system/app/Superuser.apk

shell@android:/data/local/tmp # exit

exit

eshell@android:/data/local/tmp $ xit

exit

exit

Guest Hpez

I have exactly the same - flashed it several times (with CMW reboot after wipe and flash) and each time it just flashes then is stuck on Huawei logi on reboot

You did install the official ICS update first, right? The reason I ask is because after installing the update my Huawei logo got replaced. Which makes it sound like you are trying to flash this over a GB ROM?

I re-installed the adb drivers, rebooted Window$, made sure USB debugging is enabled and finally re-ran unlockbootloader.exe

This time the "Root" option gave following output. That's for the first time I saw that!

shell@android:/ $ cd /data/local/tmp

cd /data/local/tmp

shell@android:/data/local/tmp $ ./mempodroid 0xd524 0xab8f sh

./mempodroid 0xd524 0xab8f sh

shell@android:/data/local/tmp # mount -o remount,rw -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 /system

ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 /system											<

shell@android:/data/local/tmp # cat /data/local/tmp/su > /system/xbin/su

cat /data/local/tmp/su > /system/xbin/su

shell@android:/data/local/tmp # chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su

chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su

shell@android:/data/local/tmp # chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su

chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su

shell@android:/data/local/tmp # cat /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk >/system/app/S

uperuser.apk

eruser.apk >/system/app/Superuser.apk										 <

shell@android:/data/local/tmp # chown 0644 /system/app/Superuser.apk

chown 0644 /system/app/Superuser.apk

shell@android:/data/local/tmp # exit

exit

eshell@android:/data/local/tmp $ xit

exit

exit

Looks like the same output I got, should be rooted now, did you also re-run the unlock part? and more importantly, can you flash CWM now? ;)

Edited by Hpez

Guest omegamoon

Yes... :)

sending 'recovery' (5212 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... OKAY

Reboot in recovery works also now!

Making a nandroid backup of the original ICS now first before I flash MIUI

Edited by omegamoon

Guest Hpez

Naaa, it doesn't work... It stay at Yoigo logo (Yoigo is my mobile company, from Spain) What should I do?

Thank you

Same question as above: You did install the official ICS update first, right? The reason I ask is because after installing the update my Huawei logo got replaced. Which makes it sound like you are trying to flash this over a GB ROM?

Guest Alkafer

Same question as above: You did install the official ICS update first, right? The reason I ask is because after installing the update my Huawei logo got replaced. Which makes it sound like you are trying to flash this over a GB ROM?

It have the original Yoigo ROM, 2.3 Gingerbread.

Guest FrankieADZ

It have the original Yoigo ROM, 2.3 Gingerbread.

u have to install ICS first before you can install this ROM, read the instructions on the first page.

Guest Alkafer

u have to install ICS first before you can install this ROM, read the instructions on the first page.

Ah, what a fool I am! This happens for not reading 2 or 3 times before do it... I'll try it, thank you very much.

See you!

Guest Davidoff59

Great guide Hpez, just installed U8818 for ICS. Effortless. Many thanks Genokolar, that rooting tool and bootloader unlock is effortless.

Guest Hpez

Great guide Hpez, just installed U8818 for ICS. Effortless. Many thanks Genokolar, that rooting tool and bootloader unlock is effortless.

Glad I could help. :)

Guest Gary_J_Wright

to use unlockbootloader.exe device had to be in download mode or what? This isn´t specified in instructions

no booted as normal but unknown sources and usb debugging ticked or it doesnt work

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest rafaelkaiz

The person who made this rom, I could upload a version without modifying B926?

I want to delete applications and others. thanks

Guest FrankieADZ

if this is flashed you can still re-flash to unoffical ICS (CM9 etc...) yeh?

i dont know about CM9 as its a different baseband

Guest Hpez

I'm debating whether or not to move CM9 to the new baseband. At the moment it requires the Gingerbread radio firmware.

I think once Paul releases his MCR more people will upgrade their baseband, but its your call. :)

Guest alfabet

I'm debating whether or not to move CM9 to the new baseband. At the moment it requires the Gingerbread radio firmware.

Would rebasing onto the Chinese ICS help with getting features like camera and bluetooth working?

Guest FrankieADZ

thats a tough call. i think when huawei UK release it here.. that might force ur hand, :(

Guest Dazzozo

Would rebasing onto the Chinese ICS help with getting features like camera and bluetooth working?

That's not how it works. It's not really based on anything. It's built from source.

Guest alfabet

That's not how it works. It's not really based on anything. It's built from source.

Thanks for replying. So I guess the best choice for those who want all features including camera and bluetooth is the Chinese ICS or Paul's MCR ROM (when it's released)?