Jelly Bean - CM10 for Blade

Guest viv1m

Guest shmizan

what what, tell me, what do you want? WANT JB? BUY GOOGLE NEXUS OK?

don't you understand what's been said a million times already?? NO JB FOR BLADE UNTIL CM10 IS MADE.

WHAT'S THE PROBLEM MR.GUNA?

Guest Akash P
....... :( ..........

Haha you're getting trampled everywhere mate! Why not lie low for a couple of days? JB will come when it should. Enjoy ICS till then. Stop with this obsession of asking the same queries everywhere.

Guest gunapriyan

I have asked because,

snapback.pngAkash P, on 11 July 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

@Konsta. Any progress with Jelly Bean?

Yes, progress has been made. ;) I got it compiled and sort of booted. It only boots into the bootanimation (screen is the right way up at least) but that's about it for now. I don't have adb working so I don't know what's exactly the problem. :( If I had to guess (well, I have to) it's probably media services dying because of some nasty hacks I did to the new aac bits to get it to compile (it's giving me a massive headache). I'll try to do a second build later today and see how it goes. Overall I'm happy with the progress so far (it took me a week to get to this point with ics and now only a day), but there's still a long long way to go.

CyanogenMod has been moving forward with CM10 rapidly and there are new patches submitted to the gerrit. Lalit has been making nice progress on skate and I think he's way ahead of anyone on ARMv6. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post_old.gif

10th July 2012, 05:48 PM

twitter.png facebook.png #957 avatar3871438_1.gif

Thanks Meter 26

1.jpg

More Info >

I think we'll change topic pretty soon. Tilal made JB 4.1 boot on ZTE Skate, so a CFX rom based on Android 4.1 will be released in the future (the only difference between ZTE Blade and ZTE Skate CFX was the kernel)

Please find the posts above. Peoples are also eager...me too...I don't know why you people always try to find fault on me. Thanks for your Good Thoughts.

Guest tilal6991

Right. My progress:

I've got it booting (on the Skate but the Blade is a stone's throw away) and everything bar camera and OpenGL/Prjoect Butter works. I'm not releasing because TBH it's completely unusable due to the slowness. This is a work in progress and NO Quallcom devices have it working. I repeat - this is temporary and will be fixed.

Guest sej7278

Just to know, do we need new Adreno200 libs or the one for ICS works on JB too?

as no qualcomm devices work, project butter doesn't work and overall its slow, i'd assume adreno200 libs are the problem and its falling back to using the regular android libs, from what i've read not only do we need new binaries, there's also some kernel tweaks too.

Edited by sej7278

Guest Sulthekk

They have already gave a lot more than we expected, and they have absolutely no income from providing any additional binaries... I guess we won't get anything from qualcomm after that, and we have to rely on hacks instead...

In my opinion ICS is already smooth enough - what about reverting only the commits that broke hw acceleration? As our device is unsupported anyway, I see absolutely no reason why not to do such dirty hacks... If somebody needs a really stable rom, there are plenty of them... We should be happy that this fairly old SoC can handle it at all... :(

Guest sej7278

In my opinion ICS is already smooth enough - what about reverting only the commits that broke hw acceleration?

i tried that and all i got was this:

$ ls cm9

ls: cannot access cm9: No such file or directory

:P

Guest Sulthekk

i tried that and all i got was this:

$ ls cm9

ls: cannot access cm9: No such file or directory

:P

:D :D :D

If you would have really done a git revert, then there would be at least the same files/folders as before syncing JB... Good joke, but I can see through it. :P

Guest tilal6991

No no no no.

We don't need new libs. All we need is some QCOM specific stuff to be merged into the framework. This will happen soon.

Guest HumaDroid

No no no no.

We don't need new libs. All we need is some QCOM specific stuff to be merged into the framework. This will happen soon.

That is good... Does it mean hw acceleration, panorama etc?

Guest android@sam

That is good... Does it mean hw acceleration, panorama etc?

Yea he got hw acceleration with openGL means project butter is working.Nice work done

Edited by android@sam

Guest jventura

HW accel - yes. But as I said not yet.

Panorama - no. That needs more work in the camera HAL.

Hi Tilal, can I suggest you open a new thread like "Compiling CM10 for Blade" with some instructions like Simon has done? I think that probably we have to copy /device/zte/blade and kernel/zte/zte... to the new jellybean branch although I still haven't tried that yet (lack of time for now). But in that new thread people who have been compiling cm9 could give a hand catching some compilation bugs, etc..

João Ventura

Guest sej7278

Hi Tilal, can I suggest you open a new thread like "Compiling CM10 for Blade" with some instructions like Simon has done? I think that probably we have to copy /device/zte/blade and kernel/zte/zte... to the new jellybean branch although I still haven't tried that yet (lack of time for now). But in that new thread people who have been compiling cm9 could give a hand catching some compilation bugs, etc..

João Ventura

i'm actually updating my cm9 tutorial as i get cm10 building. i'm hoping the differences eventually won't be different enough to need a new thread, when things have stabilised it should eventually just be "replace cm9 with cm10 and ics with jellybean".

i can't get cm10 to build on blade yet due to some problems with bionic (see my tutorial thread). one issue also is that there is no jellybean branch of the cyanogenmon zte-kernel-msm7x27 repo on github, so currently trying just a prebuilt kernel for now.

i've changed the proprietary tree in the tutorial to my github mirror as koush has deleted his for some reason.

Guest KonstaT

so i no theres no hw accl, but has anyone got jb running on the blade ! ? Just Asking ! :)

Yeah, I have CM10 running on my Blade. :D

I got most of the basic stuff working today. RIL (far from perfect), wifi, audio (still some routing issues), sensors, LEDs, sdcard, USB storage, bluetooth, browser, etc now working (and when I say working it might be an overstatement :P). No hardware accleration so everything is still slow and it's not very pleasant to use. And before anyone asks - NO, I'm not planning on releasing it yet. I'll tease you with some screenies though. ;)

post-834050-0-57371000-1342277263_thumb. post-834050-0-56205600-1342277272_thumb. post-834050-0-17470800-1342277281_thumb.