Bricked or Dead Battery Help required

Guest madsam106

Guest madsam106

I have a Gen 2 Blade with Swedish Spring RL5 installed and has been for months. The phone has been running well with no problems at all since the installation of the Swedish Spring ROM.

On Tuesday night the battery drained completely and the phone shut down (nothing unusual just needed charging).

Wednesday, put it on charge for a couple of hours at work and all that was happening was the green robot was flashing on and off (as was the red back light), the phone would not power on or boot up. I put the phone on charge all last night and again this morning would not power up and there are no signs of life at all

• No green robot
  • No red light
  • No vibration
  • nothing when pressing a combination of power, volume up, volume down, menu button

One thing I have noticed is that the back of the phone at the top is getting very hot!

So, at this moment there are no signs of life at all and after reading several threads on the subject last night and today wonder whether this is a brick or a battery problem.

Before I try the fastboot method (I'm not it would happen anyway as I get nothing when pressing power and volume up/down as mentioned in the fastboot method)

This issue only occured since the battery drained to nothing on Tuesday but this has happened before and after some charging is back to life.

I would appreciate any suggestions and would feedback so that other Blade users could possibly use the thread for reference

Thanks in advance

Sam

Manchester

Guest jventura

Once I also let the battery drain too much, especially while using clockworkmod (where there is no control over undervolting the battery) and then I could not start my phone. I tried connecting the phone to PC usb and nothing. Only when I connected it to the power outlet I could see it charging.

Moral of the story: never let your battery discharge too much. It is normal with li-ion batteries (read http://batteryuniver...based_batteries and http://batteryuniver...m_ion_batteries)

Over-discharging Lithium-ion

Li-ion should never be discharged too low, and there are several safeguards to prevent this from happening. The equipment cuts off when the battery discharges to about 3.0V/cell, stopping the current flow. If the discharge continues to about 2.70V/cell or lower, the battery’s protection circuit puts the battery into a sleep mode. This renders the pack unserviceable and a recharge with most chargers is not possible. To prevent a battery from falling asleep, apply a partial charge before a long storage period.

Battery manufacturers ship batteries with a 40 percent charge (...)

Edited by jventura

Guest Felsch

The above was getting hot? Means like a overworked cpu or something...

Anyways, did you try removing the battery and reinserting it ? it sounds to that that is your problem. also what jventura said.

Guest TehStalker

Does the phone boot without the battery? Pull it, plug in the phone, and start. The green android logo should be there for a few seconds.

Guest madsam106

Does the phone boot without the battery? Pull it, plug in the phone, and start. The green android logo should be there for a few seconds.

It has gone back to Argos today with 1 day left before 12 months ownership is up, they have sent it off for repair

Watch this space