Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Could you try clearing-data on the keyboard? Can anyone else replicate this?

P

Hi Paul,

I get the same error but its on start when you setup your Google account and WiFi. I can't change input method so had to restore my nandroid backup. I had the same keyboard options selected in the kitchen as stated.

Mark

Guest Alan Ferrier

Hi Paul - Settings / Apps / All / Android keyboard / Clear data done - unfortunately no change to behaviour. Still getting constant "Android keyboard has stopped" errors.

Don't bust a gut as I can workaround, and especially not if I'm the only victim :)

Guest Peter Jordow

I am running jr7, the one based on 4.1.1. I just got an ota update for 4.1.2. Will it be possible to do that upgrade or should i install jr8?

Guest terdbin
How about reading the complete Howto on the posted website? ;-)

I think you've forgot to delete the old version.

Ah OK, grabbed mine from elsewhere which didnt have the how to

Guest PaulOBrien
I am running jr7, the one based on 4.1.1. I just got an ota update for 4.1.2. Will it be possible to do that upgrade or should i install jr8?

Use Jr8!

I'll add this to the kitchen for ease of install!

Guest comicbookguy

My stock battery percentage mod is stuck at 100%......

Edit: wiping Dalvik sorted it and forced the "optimising apps" bit at the next boot, which I didn't get after installing...

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest Robert Davidson

Just upgraded, everything fine except wallet, when I try to run it I get a message telling me its out of date and directing to the play store to upgrade. Any advice.

Guest Robert Davidson

I'll update the wallet option to the latest release.

P

Thanks Paul, can you drop a line when you have done it, then I can download a new rom.

Thanks

Guest Chet T16
In stock the lock screen is portrait only, which I thought was a bit silly.

I'll look into a fix...

P

I didn't have stock on for more than 5 mins!

Thanks

Guest Scottland

Battery (stock style with percentage) icon only seems to be updating in 15% increments, i.e. it jumps from 100 down to 85 etc. Battery readings elsewhere are accurate - so I presume it's an issue with the battery icon/image files?

Guest comicbookguy

If its doing it on stock and circle it cant be the image files tho, can it?

And mine's reading 71 ATM, but I wouldn't call it accurate....

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest kyhwana2

Is the JR8 prebake up anywhere?

My N7 has now downloaded and keeps bugging me about updating to stock 4.1.2, which I assume I don't want, since that's not the modaco update?

Edited by kyhwana2

Guest ChazW123

Ended up going back to full stock after bodging up by updating to 4.1.2 OTA and flashed JR8 at the weekend and had issues with the keyboard. At the point in the Google setup wizard when you try to sign in to your wireless connection, the keyboard was popping up then erroring straight away (FCing). In the end to get around it I setup wifi tethering to my S3 phone as open, just to get past it, I installed a third party keyboard (SwiftKey 3) and all ok since then but made the setup a tad awkward!

Other than that JR8 is flying :) Nice work Paul!

Guest PaulOBrien

Battery (stock style with percentage) icon only seems to be updating in 15% increments, i.e. it jumps from 100 down to 85 etc. Battery readings elsewhere are accurate - so I presume it's an issue with the battery icon/image files?

Will check this out! As soon as the issues are sorted we'll get the prebake up! :)

P