my skate can someone please help im going to cry

Guest deejstu

Guest deejstu

i wiped the phone ready for new rom but i put wrong version clockwork on it v3e and it says my sd card isnt there or a valid directory no matter how small a card i put in, i can get it in ftn mode and tryed to update via zte site but no matter what update i try and do it stops at 9% or soon as it goes to reboot the phone ready for software flash im really stuck i hope i havnt killed it please help

Guest iReece

Simple, plug the phone in to your computer, grab yourself a newer version of clockwork mod, flash it.

If this is the issue you have, I don't know :(

Guest Redstarr1

You probably didn't put any clockworkmod on there, seeing as you can still boot in FTM. Can you show us which guide you were trying to follow or what you were trying to do? I don't know what v3e is, sure isn't cwm. And just to be sure, you can't boot your phone?

Were you trying to TPT? Follow the instruction on this page: http://www.modaco.com/topic/348776-zte-skate-tpts/

Were you trying to install clockworkmod using Windows? Follow this guide: http://www.modaco.com/topic/348776-zte-skate-tpts/, part 2b.

I'm guessing you botched a TPT, since your phone doesn't boot. So redownload a tpt, check the md5sum, put a rom of your choice on your sd-card, then TPT again (view my first link) and flash a rom.

I really suggest you just follow the second guide though. Can't do anything wrong with that.

And I have some good news, it's almost impossible to break this phone, aside from throwing it against a wall or flushing it through the toilet. Don't panic :).

Guest deejstu

heres what i did before i started i didnt read any propper guides (stupid i know} so when my phone was working i went into software update and apply from sd card the phone then restarted and went into clockwork mod v4 i heard there was a v5 that was touch screen so i downloaded what i thought was that installed it deleted and wiped the cache and formatted the phone ready for new rom then when the phone restarted turns out i got version 3 of clockwork mod which has 4 options compared to the list i had in the last one and it wont find any memory card i didnt install any tpts or anything thats far as i am now im stuck if i hold power and down button it says ftn mode if i leave it it will go into clockwork v3 which is no use

The green line at the top is a battery indicator (bar). It can be turned off in Atomicmod settings

Edited by C3C0

Guest TouchyAndalou

As far as fully functional ROMS go, I'd say H3 Blues and Atomic are the best. They both feature Dolby and everything is perfectly stable.

Guest deejstu

does anyone else suffer from poor volume when using the best headphones around ive tryed so many headphones inc really expensive and they all sound pants through this phone then i use my x10 mini and they sound awesome is there anything i can do to make the sound quality as good as the mini?

Guest ukgnome

The sound output on the skate is a bit wishy washy .

Any of the ROMS that use Dolby would be good, something like atomicmod should be OK