Ubuntu and installing CWM

Guest magicguitarman

Guest magicguitarman

Hello everyone. I feel a little guilty for registering just to ask for help but I've exhausted Google and your fantastic forums.

I have two ZTE Cresents (Orange Sanfrancisco II) And I am trying to install a later version of Fish n Chips on one and Ice Cream Sandwich on the other. I have Hildebrand and worked with them before, installing FnC on both.

I tried to boot into CWM recovery last week, while trying to install the next one and I only got to the FTM screen. I suspected that CWM had been wiped somehow and so I am trying to install it again. Sadly I CANNOT for the life of me get any of the computers I have access to to realise that either ZTE is connected.

My main PC at home has Ubuntu on it, and I have a laptop with Windows 7 on it "borrowed" from work! I also have a netbook with Fedora and they all have the same problem.

I'm lost as to where to start, and I don't know if I've missed out any vital details.

Please help!

Thank you very much in advance!

Guest magicguitarman

Thanks for your response, but that doesn't help my problem.

I have gone through that site, and I once I get to the installing stage I simply get "waiting for device". Nothing more.

Guest robt77

when you say you get waiting for device, Do you mean you extracted the zip file that you downloaded? You set your phone to usb debugging mode enabled? and you got the message waiting for device when you entered the command in the terminal?

Edit Have you tried it on your windows laptop? The only issue may be if it is a work laptop do you have admin rights to install anything?

Edited by robt77

Guest robt77

You can try this, I have not used this method myself. Download http://bit.ly/yjrYYH and also download your Rom of choice. Extract the first file to the root of your SD card and put the Rom zip on the root of your SD card. Make sure you have good battery charge left and then go to settings>about phone>system updates>storage card updates and click ok.

It should then eventually boot into clockwork mod recovery then you will be able to install the Rom you out on the SD card

Edited - truly awful spelling

Edited by robt77