Stock kernel minimum cpu speed 640mhz!

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae

Running a couple of tests I have discovered the stock kernel is set to never let the cpu run slower than 640 mhz.

The knock on effect of this is that the cpu in general use is always running between 700 - 800MHz.

I don't consider this to be energy efficient, and will be producing a custom kernel to fix this.

Guest hecatae

and when it will be working under a custom kernel l3?

when the kernel source is fixed up as references are missing, if you buy a MoDaCo Ad-Free subscription I'll work quicker :D

Guest viking_kong

may i ask what specificic firmware you're using to tell that the minimum frequency is 640MHz?is it the old or the latest or what?as for me having v10b(ph firmware),the benchmarks says it has a minimum frequency of 320MHz only and 800MHz max.hmmm.why you're telling that min. freq is 640MHz?or why don't you just extract karnel builds from other firmware?sorry for my english.i'm new here.

Guest viking_kong

maybe its an old firmware you used before.uhm,anyway your building a karnel to enable oc and uc right?or is it possible even on stock?(rooted or unrooted?)

Edited by viking_kong

• 1 year later...

the 3.0.8 Kernel ? Possible for cm9 ?

No, it's the 2.x kernel. And apparently wifi doesn't work on that kernel.

I think this version has wifi fixed: http://docviewer.yandex.ru/?url=ya-disk-public%3A%2F%2FW26FsGNLjORfNUK%2Fw70vH2Mr6SHoQB0pTkv4yag3AIw%3D&name=signed_e400stock-v10q-kernel-update.zip&c=524688f1c6ff

3.0.8 is possible, but it takes a good programmer who's willing to spend a lot of time...