May need a Skate replacement.

Guest Josh92

Guest Josh92

Hi all,

I'm taking my Skate to Argos on Monday (once I've returned to stock) about the mic and dust, figure I may as well as I'm in warranty.

Argos don't sell the Skate anymore so I'm not sure what they'll suggest to do but it maybe an exchange/refund, I'm not prepared to spend much more at the moment so is the G300 the best option still? Seems good, just a matter of getting it unlocked & fixing the volume issue.

Or is there anything else rumoured to come out very soon at a good price? Case I can get a refund & wait. I don't want to be without a new phone for long (can't put up with my crappy Nokia ;) )

Thanks for any input!

Guest plegdroid

arnt hawaie [spelt that wrong ] releasing a dual core ics version of the g300 soon, plus htc desire c, £99.95 carphone warehouse at the moment, sense 4 ics.

Guest Josh92

Wait to hear about orange Dublin. Should be Tuesday

Ooo okay thanks. Kind of interested in ZTE's high end announcement, don't know why because I can't really afford it.

arnt hawaie [spelt that wrong ] releasing a dual core ics version of the g300 soon, plus htc desire c, £99.95 carphone warehouse at the moment, sense 4 ics.

A dual core would be interesting, I really don't want to go back to a 3.5" screen so rules out the Desire c.

EDIT: Seems the Dublin is the ZTE Kis, which is also 3.5".

Edited by Josh92

Guest sui785

I've recently bought a ZTE Blade II and it's pretty good(better then my Skate), only issue is that I don't find any roms/guide to root yet.. :((

Guest Mtman1

Isn't the blade 2 a zte cresent? I don't have it (I have a cresent tho), but if it is, there's a section on modaco

Edited by Mtman1

Guest TouchyAndalou

I'm waiting to hear more about the ZTE Era. Early signs suggest a release in December and a price of £200+

That's more than I can afford to spend on a phone, yet I'm seriously considering it because it looks really promising.

Guest sui785
Isn't the blade 2 a zte cresent? I don't have it (I have a cresent tho), but if it is, there's a section on modaco

I thought so too but the CPU is running at 1GHz instead of 800MHz and I haven't found the baseband matching any others in the stock rom topic.

Guest razzmataz1478

I thought so too but the CPU is running at 1GHz instead of 800MHz and I haven't found the baseband matching any others in the stock rom topic.

The crescent is the blade s

Guest Josh92

So my Skate has gone off for repair, up to around 2 weeks apparently. :| Hopefully they'll just send a new one, we'll see. On the plus side Jelly Bean might have progressed a fair bit by the time I get one back. :)