Problems with stock ROM

Guest gemuuu

Guest gemuuu

Hi, I'm currently running the CM9 rom on my T-Mobile Vivacity (UK) but I'm having a few issues with my phone so I want to revert to the stock rom to see if they improve or maybe try and get a replacement from T-Mobile if it's a hardware fault.

I found this advice in another thread:

Download a stock rom image (there is a pinned thread with download links), then put said image in the root folder of your sd card, but renamed to 'image.bin' before trying to flash. Then you can flash it in two ways, either by going into settings -> about phone -> system update, or holding vol + and menu as your phone turns on.

If I do this via the system update would it also remove clockwork mod? So if I sent it back to the store it would not appear to have been modded.

Also, my phone says the baseband version is P736VB01 and all the versions on that site are P736VV1.0.0B__ so I'm not sure which to download?

Thanks

Edited by gemuuu

Guest Dazzozo

Your phone says the baseband is P736VB01 because that is hardcoded in CM9 (for now). You actually have a P736EB01.

A TPT (image.bin) will restore the entire phone NAND. This will also remove any custom recovery.

Guest gemuuu

Thanks, do you know why when I go to settings -> about phone -> system update it will only let me check for updates, not install from the SD card?

Guest Dazzozo

Because that's a ZTE addition in the stock ROMs.

CM9's system updater will apparently eventually provide their own OTA update mechanism.

Edited by Dazzozo