Overclocking

Guest WoLfEnStEiN619

Guest WoLfEnStEiN619

I'd just like to start by saying hello everyone, and the monte carlo or ZTE skate as so to speak is underated, its a great phone.

I am looking at overclocking the phone, i've follow the guide to unlock it and debrand it which i have done and used clockworkmod. However I am a total noob in overclocking, I've looked every where on how to do it but there's no from scratch guide as so to speak, i've never done overclocking before and am just looking for a guide on it, clear instructions as i have no idea at all how to install them on or how to open them due to the fact they download as zip files, i tried using tpt helper but that won't unzip those types of files for overclocking when downloaded and i tried using no frills but won't let me go over 800mhz, any help would be welcome.

Thanks for your time

Guest the juggernaut

if your phone is rooted you can use set CPU off the market and as a fellow skate user it does but on mine i can only get 902 MHz out of it but this varies between 2 of the same devices so you may be able to do better but dont expect much out of it i have mine at stock as it is smoother with ICS on it.good luck if you do overclock it though and it may also get worryingly warm if you OC t too much

Edited by the juggernaut

Guest WoLfEnStEiN619

if your phone is rooted you can use set CPU off the market and as a fellow skate user it does but on mine i can only get 902 MHz out of it but this varies between 2 of the same devices so you may be able to do better but dont expect much out of it i have mine at stock as it is smoother with ICS on it.good luck if you do overclock it though and it may also get worryingly warm if you OC t too much

I'm gonna have a think about it first cause deciding on whether its worth the trouble to be honest