[ICS] Found U8815 B927 ROM

Guest rsrocha

Guest Hogweed

According to Hpez, editing build.prop does work

This from Hpez post at

Open system/build.prop of B927 and find this line:

ro.build.fingerprint=Huawei/U8815/hwu8815:4.0.3/HuaweiU8815/C00B927:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys
replace that line with this one:
ro.build.fingerprint=Huawei/U8818/hwu8818:4.0.3/HuaweiU8818/C17B926:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys

After doing this reboot your phone and it should make any of the apps available while on B926 also available on B927.

Guest rsrocha

Google doesnt have info on the U8815 with ics at play store. Because this is not an official update...

On the other hand, B926 was an official update but without any google apps.

The build.prop modding does the trick and there you can see that google servers do read what model/firmware youre running.

Guest feckineejit

i've managed to download this rom ,downloaded titanium backup to try install my app back but says i need root access. How do i get root access?

Guest Hogweed

i've managed to download this rom ,downloaded titanium backup to try install my app back but says i need root access. How do i get root access?

Follow the instructions for B926 in first post in this thread http://www.modaco.co...l-ics-403-b926/

Start at line beginning

Boot in to freshly installed ICS, install ADB drivers from the ISO mounted on the phone, enable USB debugging and then connect USB cable - make sure adb works.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest HuaweiAscend

Hogweed,

Will I also need to unlock the bootloader?

I plan on unrooting straight away, after gaining Play access fully.

I'm quite pleased my g300 is on 22% battery atm,removes the temptation of installing this rom :)

Seems to be a lot of hassle getting b927 working as well b926 works 'straight out of the box'

Guest rsrocha

I'm quite pleased my g300 is on 22% battery atm,removes the temptation of installing this rom :)

Seems to be a lot of hassle getting b927 working as well b926 works 'straight out of the box'

LOL

Do you know how much you need to do on b926 just to get the google apps up and running? This one is everything straight out of the box... just my 2 cents.

Guest rsrocha

In on b927 and the 3 buttons bellow doesnt light up like on b888 is it normal??

reboot

the first user who tested the rom had this problem

LOL

Do you know how much you need to do on b926 just to get the google apps up and running? This one is everything straight out of the box... just my 2 cents.

Install gapps zip and wipe the cache? :)

Sorry, i'm being facetious,i see what you mean,but i dont feel the need to go from 926 to 927 just yet.I do appreciate the work and time some of you guys spend trying out and fixing these various roms as they get released/leaked

Guest DVDeus

I am finally getting G300 in few days. Is there any news on these 20+ pages, or should I stick to the first one for updating to ICS? Does it matter what build is currently on when I update to ICS?

Thanks!

Guest paulus22

I've upgraded directly from B886 with no problems. Everything is working great and it feels smoother than gingerbread.

Did you use the Huawei backup? And if so did everything get across OK?

Guest lirycbv

I used the "middle" update first and then B927. The only back-up i did was with CWM and Titanium back-up for the apps. The updated finished on the first try without errors. Only when I did the vendor update the phone hung on the huawei logo. After pulling the battery everything worked. I then rooted and installed CWM without any problems. Also all the apps were restored from the titanium back-up.