[ICS] Found U8815 B927 ROM

Guest rsrocha

Guest timfimjim

I managed to download that zip file attached to the post. It says that you need to apply it if the update fails. I have applied it without any visible changes. Now updating with the b927 file.

YES! After applying that attached file it is installing!

I have attached the file you need to apply if the update fails.U8815 middle package.zip

How do you 'apply' the extra UPDATE.APP?

I'm getting the hanging half way through but really want to avoid downgrading if at all possible

Guest MiguelPereira

Thanks! But what does it do?

Don't know but here's what i rote a few hours ago!

"Hi again!

After seeing this post/question I went back to the page where rsrocha found the Rom originally.

There it says:

Note: If the upgrade process to run a screen and then press the 'Update failure', now calm. Download the file attached to this article on 'U8815 package.zip middle', unzip, copy the file 'UPDATE.APP' folder 'dload' on the memory card (note that there is only one file 'UPDATE.APP' only offline). Then proceed to machine finish update this file. Once completed, then back in Step 3 is OK to continue performing.

Is this Middle Package some sort of "update.app" that paves the way to avoid bootloader check errors, making it possible to upgrade after without any problems/issues?

Anyone tried it yet?"

Guest Rico_89

The update freezes for me about 1/3 of the way through, logs show the same errors as Andymac posted but I think I will wait until a flashable zip is available.

I know I can downgrade and then apply the update but I don't really see the point in taking that (small?) risk in this situation as the baseband and bootloader seem the same as the B926, so I should be able to just flash a CWM zip and update that way. Of course, I'll need to wait until someone uploads a flashable zip but I am sure someone will eventually. *hint*hint* ;)

Have you tried the middle package?

What's this 'middle package'?

If the install doesn't work then the middle package should sort it out.

From the download site:

Note: If the upgrade process to run a screen and then press the 'Update failure', now calm. Download the file attached to this article on 'U8815 package.zip middle', unzip, copy the file 'UPDATE.APP' folder 'dload' on the memory card (note that there is only one file 'UPDATE.APP' only offline). Then proceed to machine finish update this file. Once completed, then back in Step 3 is OK to continue performing.

Guest HuaweiAscend

Thanks! But what does it do?

I just tried updating without it, and got UPDATE FAILED.

Trying again now, with this installed...

Guest rosco-85

Don't know but here's what i rote a few hours ago!

"Hi again!

After seeing this post/question I went back to the page where rsrocha found the Rom originally.

There it says:

Is this Middle Package some sort of "update.app" that paves the way to avoid bootloader check errors, making it possible to upgrade after without any problems/issues?

Anyone tried it yet?"

Okay, I get it now!

1) Install update.app in dload folder.

2) install vendor file in dload folder.

3) If this fails, install middle package from dload folder and repeat original update process.

Simple!

Think I'll just do the middle bit first anyway, to make sure it all goes smoothly.

Guest FrankieADZ

Have you tried the middle package?

If the install doesn't work then the middle package should sort it out.

From the download site:

how do u do it then?

the translate...well i dont understand it.

Guest Rico_89

how do u do it then?

the translate...well i dont understand it.

I'm trying to figure that out myself :blink: I think you put the U8815 middle package folder on your sd card then install that first, then I assume you remove it and then put the DL and vendor folder on your sd card and install that, but I'm not %100 sure.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest rosco-85

I'm trying to figure that out myself :blink: I think you put the U8815 middle package folder on your sd card then install that first, then I assume you remove it and then put the DL and vendor folder on your sd card and install that, but I'm not %100 sure.

Everything needs to be installed from the 'dload' folder. It's the only folder the phone reconises.

1) Install middle package (update.app) from dload folder.

2) Install main update (update.app) from dload folder.

3) Install vendor (update.app) from deload folder.

At least that's the way I understood it from the poor translation!

Edited by rosco-85

Guest rosco-85

Why is everyone getting update failed ? You have all came from B926 same as me right ?

It appears some people require the middle package for the update to work, where as others are okay without it.

Guest FrankieADZ

Everything needs to be installed from the 'dload' folder. It's the only folder the phone reconises.

do these have to be in folder or there .app form?

only asking as the middle package is update.app and adding that to another update.app means it getting renamed on my PC

Guest Rico_89

It will see the vendor folder.

1) downlaod the two rar files to your desktop and extract from rar 1

2) place both dload & vendor on root of sd card

3) power on device with both volume buttons held down,

4) simples

I think though you're suppose to put the update.app file from the middle package into the download folder and install that first then do as jikobutsu says.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest HuaweiAscend

Could you explain for others exaclty how you did the middle file please.

Created a "dload" folder, then copy the UPDATE.APP from the "Middle" file into it.

Guest MickJack

Ok guys it seems we need to make a guide and a all in one zip file...

Im working on it.

Fantastic, thanks. I got the 2 rar files, the middle file needs 'login' and am reluctant. I would like an easy upgrade path from 885

Guest MiguelPereira

Created a "dload" folder, then copy the UPDATE.APP from the "Middle" file into it.

Has anyone managed/tried to upgrade to B927 AND then downgrade to B888, for instance?

Guest MiguelPereira

Fantastic, thanks. I got the 2 rar files, the middle file needs 'login' and am reluctant. I would like an easy upgrade path from 885

I already supplied my Google Drive download link for the Middle File... I've done the register/login, and uploaded publicly to my Drive!

Guest Rico_89

Ah man Ok every time I hold down volume -/+ and power button my phone just boots up normally.. arrg looks like I'll have to install through "Storage/Software Upgrade"

Doh :blush: forgot to pull the battery, installing now.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest rosco-85

Ah man Ok every time I hold down volume -/+ and power button my phone just boots up normally.. arrg looks like I'll have to install through "Storage/Software Upgrade"

Remove the battery for 10secs first.

Guest FrankieADZ

so u had 2 Dload folders on ur SD Card then?

or did u just use the use the middle file Update.app & NOT then update.app that was in the proper dload file