[JB] [CM10] ColdFusionX 2 for the ZTE Skate [UPDATED - 19/11]

Guest tilal6991

i'm run with the last realese but i want to upgrade from that new realese can I flash that new rom and enjoy it without delete all user data / factory reset ?

because i lost all my data always when i upgrade the rom

Guest satanovsyn
Which one flash player is best for this rom?

Anyone. Try download Skyfire browser, which has incuded flashplayer.

Edited by satanovsyn

Guest satanovsyn
i'm run with the last realese but i want to upgrade from that new realese can I flash that new rom and enjoy it without delete all user data / factory reset ?

because i lost all my data always when i upgrade the rom

Peoples, why you are not using backup in CWM?

Backup you ROM, dont forget your partition sizes and you can try everything without loosing your datas.

Guest tilal6991

Wow. Thats a lot of posts since I last saw this thread.

Essentially the partition size went up. This will go back to normal in the next version

Gapps is messed up I think. Will fix in the next version

Navigation bar options will be back in the next version.

Guest plegdroid

Essentially the partition size went up. This will go back to normal in the next version

yay, thank you Lalit, yes we've been busy :D, good news regarding the partition size and navbar. the newest rom definitely a step in the right direction. As always thankful for what ever you share with us. :)

Guest utternoob

Keyboard is the problem. 26mb raw. Used to be about 10-12

Guest Klintonola2j

I am currently running the latest ics rom from tilal and wish to update to the the latest jb rom :) do i have to wipe cache, wipe data and factory reset to successfully flash the rom? or do i just install the zip update in cwm and reboot? :)

Guest WiiSky70

Youtube HD ... really good work.

Looking forward to get flash working ...;-)

But

After installing gapps ... calendar doesnt sync.

That's very good news indeed.

BUT! How about Native Wi-Fi Tethering working like the Paranoid Android by Ceco ?

NOTE : Sorry it wasn't for you XD it was for tilal

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest absolver

I just installed the latest version(cm-10-20121119-EXPERIMENTAL-skate-ColdFusionX2-tilal6991.zip) and gapps(gapps-jb-19112012-cfx2-stripped.zip) but i didn't found google play...

Why there is no googe play(Vending.apk) in gapps? I found only the google play services.

I also searched for g.play in official cm10 gapps(http://wiki.cyanogen...ion/Google_Apps), but no luck.

I tried to use another vending.apk form my latest bakcup, but it stops working after i click on it...

Is there anyway to get google play working or i have to search for all the apks i need? :(

SOLUTION(for newbies, like I was):

1. restore a ROOTED prev. version that worked(with gplay)

2. download TPT helper from gplay

3. create your own TPT with the following parameters:

- 230MB for system partition

- 3MB for cache

- the rest goes to data partition

4. follow the TPT Helper's guide CAREFULLY or you can BRICK your phone (check image directory[2/4 for me :huh: but worked ^_^], power off to start tpt)

5. reinstall coldfusion x2 from recovery

6. install gapps,

7. wipe data/factory reset

8. DELETE image directory to avoid accidents

9. enjoy you have gapps(with google play :) )[but I still searching for calendar syncing solution... :unsure: ]

Edited by absolver

Guest WiiSky70

I just installed the latest version(cm-10-20121119-EXPERIMENTAL-skate-ColdFusionX2-tilal6991.zip) and gapps(gapps-jb-19112012-cfx2-stripped.zip) but i didn't found google play...

Why there is no googe play(Vending.apk) in gapps? I found only the google play services.

I also searched for g.play in official cm10 gapps(http://wiki.cyanogen...ion/Google_Apps), but no luck.

I tried to use another vending.apk form my latest bakcup, but it stops working after i click on it...

Is there anyway to get google play working or i have to search for all the apks i need? :(

You need at least 210MB , (Recommended 230MB) partitions to get the Google Play working

Guest Gerycard

You need at least 210MB , (Recommended 230MB) partitions to get the Google Play working

Or just trim the rom and the gapps as i do ! :D It works too!

Edited by Gerycard

How can I add Talk.apk and ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk to gapps? I can't install it from file manager and just copying them to app folder of gapps-jb-19112012-cfx2-stripped.zip gives 0 results. Any ideas how can I make them work?

Guest Gerycard

How can I add Talk.apk and ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk to gapps? I can't install it from file manager and just copying them to app folder of gapps-jb-19112012-cfx2-stripped.zip gives 0 results. Any ideas how can I make them work?

Flash this zip in recovery for the Talk! (Plegdroid's zip)

google-talk-.zip

Edited by Gerycard

Guest plegdroid

evening mate, grab x-plore from market or use 7zip and add the chromebookmarksapk to the talk zip posted above. in x-plore set in options to treat apk as zip file. :)

Guest klacirtg

Thanks indeed! The next version will be a very important for me: normal rom size, HQ Youtube, good video recording, good gapps, Navi. bar, good wifi...I have no more desire for now :D

Guest satanovsyn

Oh my godness, every 20 post sounds like:

"I flash new build and google play is not there..."

Why they didn't check 50posts back for every problem???

10000times write same thing is tiredly

Flash this zip in recovery for the Talk! (Plegdroid's zip)

Didn't work for me :(. Is that possible that I have not enough space? I have Acid mode installed already :).

Guest plegdroid
Oh my godness, every 20 post sounds like:

"I flash new build and google play is not there..."

Why they didn't check 50posts back for every problem???

10000times write same thing is tiredly

agree. here's a new user guide.that the newbies will find helpful , was made for ics,but still relevant for jb .

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/353351-Newbies-Guide-to-flashing-ICS/CM9-for-ZTE,-OMC/Skate