[JB] [CM10] ColdFusionX 2 for the ZTE Skate [UPDATED - 19/11]

Guest tilal6991

Guest omegavesko

4.2 is most certainly not ready for non nexus devices. I haven't managed to get it booting on mint so there's no hope for the skate having it already.

The CM team have also said 10.1 will currently only build for AOSP devices (https://plus.google.com/+CyanogenMod/posts/5bKGvBLFvMf). Going to be a while before we can think about 4.2 on ours.

I honestly wouldn't rush it anyway, 4.2 seems like a very half-arsed update.

Guest WiiSky70

Well what I'm going to do is finish this ROM ie. The next version will essentially contain the last work I actually do on it. Beyond that I'll just release updated compiles. After that hopefully 4.2 will be more stable and work can begin on it.

Yeah , finishing the ROM is a priority at this time . But when this is finished you really need to focus on the original ColdFusionX ;)

Besides that is just an opinion , so don't get any angry or stressed :D

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest Rrrrrrrrrob williams

Did have trouble getting google apps to run after installing latest version. After many attempts I restored octobers rom, then installed this version over the top without doing a wipe and that got my market back. Any body else have a similar problem?

Guest Gerycard

Gapps still not working on my Skate yet. Google play store will stop working if i want search and download any app.

Why don't you read back in this thread? You have to TPT your phone... :)

Guest WiiSky70

Updates to OMX Libs made by Ganster :

- Now the modified libstagefright can use Hardware acceleration to use the following formats

- DIVX , WMA , RealMedia (Real Player) and AVI Videos.

- Plus some further changes or stability improvements to general video playback

Source : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=33374614

OMX_libs_update.zip

Hello!.

I would like to make a few comments on a ROM Paranoid/JB that possibly does not know many people ... is the work of ZeeLog, which essentially built to Blade, but that sometimes also generates some for Skate. I believe it is worth the try. and developers of regular ICS/JB to skate (C3C0, Tilal, perhaps Razzmataz ... ) you cast a glance. It is very interesting.

Boots fast, network fast too, nice sensitivity and response... With full functionality (within the limitations already known and general JB in Skate) implements 4.1.2 with Gapps KonstaT updated and all of this fits into a /system of 170 MB ! The paranoid to use is the 2.5.5 , with significant developments in the customization of the UI for each application. Very, very powerful. It would be interesting analysis on the part of developers, or perhaps contact ZeeLog (see thread on the Blade, as I say) and exchange knowledge.

The Paranoid environment that uses ZeeLog includes some interesting options. For if you conceive, you advancement that has some small minor fault:

1) After start the phone, when shows the lock screen, there is some graphical glitches, and specular image for aprox. 2 secs

2) Camera: mainly ok, but some vertical banding just in the moment of press the shutter; the preview acceptable (some jumps); the result (photo captured) its ok. Panorama mode has too much graphical interferences (checksboard effect) and its difficult compose a panorama; the preview no helps whatsoever. Video capturing: acceptable too, but a bit of jumps and stairs with the camera movements; the result captured its acceptable too, but not fine (stairs, micro jumps...).

3) Gallery -> Settings => black screen

4) Lock Screen -> from lock screen, to prees lock button again, no darks instantaneous; make a "flash" with the lock screen

5) StatusBar -> toggle for 2G/3G & data doesn't seems work ok

6) StatusBar -> lose some interesting configuration options presents in previous versions

The link to the rom and the gapps you must install is: http://goo.im/devs/z...2012-163016.zip * http://goo.im/devs/z...-KonstaKANG.zip

Thank you all developers for your incredible work !

Sorry for the english Babylon traslated :-)

Edited by RaAmon

Hi, know anybody where are placed installation APK files, which are installed on my Phone?

May be /system/app and /data/app? ( system or user installed)

Edited by RaAmon

And is possible convert files .asec to .apk files???

I dont know for sure, but must be possible. May be this can help: investigate "file converter" on Play Store. There is two apps you may try and see.

Guest plegdroid

And is possible convert files .asec to .apk files???

apk held in asec (sdcard) just move from within settings apps, and move back to internal storage from sdcard :)

Guest plegdroid
How can I move app which is read only system

afternoon, is this apk already in asec(android secure ) or you want to send it to asec, or you want to install to to system or move from system to asec or data?

just for clarity. :)

edit, if its not allowing you to move as the system is read only. use something like root explorer to set system as read wright.

Edited by plegdroid

Guest satanovsyn

I need put this launcher (tsf) directly to 11/19 ROM.zip and delete trebuched.

It means I need installation file from my installed launcher

Edited by satanovsyn

Guest razzmataz1478
I need put this launcher (tsf) directly to 11/19 ROM.zip and delete trebuched.

It means I need installation file from mu installed launcher

In that case, make space for it in the system partition, delete Trebuchet, and use a root file explorer (ES Explorer) to manually move the pkg.apk to /system and rename it to Launcher.apk

Guest plegdroid
I tried run pkg.apk and I get error. Is not possible run, it. How can be installed during flashing ROM?

would it not be easier to flash the rom, make room in system after the fact, then just download the app direct from market? then move with titanium ect.

some app just won't flash to system, that will be by design of the dev who made it. at £10.40 you could see why.

edit, could try sticking it into it's own update zip :)

blank system app update zip

http://db.tt/RlBQoJtz

Edited by plegdroid