2. Download ZArchiver

3. One of 3 backup files contains installation file

4. Extract it with ZArchiver

5. On PC paste this app to ROM zip file to "/system/app"

6. Flash ROM

Enjoy :-)

yay :D result :D

Guest satanovsyn

Installation file is OK, but very buged, because this launcher need /data/data/ files and some properties file. :o

That I cant you it for flashing.

Edited by satanovsyn

Guest Dio-Genes

OMG, please, before you ask, take your time and read at least the first and second post.

You can't expect your personal guidance for every single problem in a forum, and specially not for well known problems and issues, that have been discussed so many times before.

Guest unwantedboy

I´ve made a zip that fits in 200mb system leaving about 20mb free after installed gapps (also modified).

But I removed:

-Google Now

-Cyanogen Mod and normal wallpapers

-3 ringtones

-The trebuchet launcher is now Nova Launcher 1.3.3

I´ve thinked these are not important things (maybe Google Now could) and after I´ve installed it in my phone then I have no problem with Play Store, restore settings from google... So I´ve decided to share this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iht49nwfffnhidq/cm-10-20121119-EXPERIMENTAL-skate-ColdFusionX2-tilal6991.zip THE 19/11/2012 ROM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qodqj6g5m6fn2j5/gapps-jb-19112012-cfx2-stripped.zip THE 19/11/2012 Google APPS (4.2 stripped)

Thanks to tilal for bring jelly bean to the Skate.

Guest XpL0iT0S

Hi, it seems YouTube ain't working at all for me. HQ is enabled by default. When I press the "play" button on the thumbnail of the video the window goes black and that's about it.

Browser.apk (version 4.1.2-eng.tilal6991.20121118.134959)

Screenshot below:

Screenshot_2012-11-26-10-09-47.pngScreenshot_2012-11-26-09-54-36.png

Edited by XpL0iT0S

Guest XpL0iT0S

Hi satanovsyn,

the phone is running the latest ROM version (19/11). I did an update from a previous version of the ROM (10/11) following the upgrade procedures (wipe factory/data - wipe cache - wipe dalvik cache).

Screenshot_2012-11-26-10-22-31.pngScreenshot_2012-11-26-10-23-10.png

Guest XpL0iT0S

There's no Youtube in the list and neather is there a Youtube.apk in the ROM or gapps (checked /system/app)

I couldn't find the appropriate apk on Play from my smartphone (build.prop?) but I was able to install it to my phone using a pc. I'm still unable to watch YouTube movies using the default browser but the YouTube v4.1.47 app works like a charm.

Guest satanovsyn

Oh my god, use app from google play for videos!

You device not support flas player except Skyfire browser.

You problem is that you are using browser for youtube

Guest razzmataz1478

Here's what Konsta's saying about 4.2, for any hopeful people out there ;)

I have no current plans on releasing 4.2 builds. Don't be fooled by the fact 4.2 is still called Jelly Bean and it's said to be small incremental update. From the viewpoint of device bring up, it's a completely new Android version! Everything starts again from scratch and it would require at least few months of work to get even close where we are now with 4.0/4.1. Sure I'm interested in playing a new round of game 'will it run?' but I'll probably do that only to challenge myself. Currently 4.2 boots on Blade and that's pretty much it. Sorting issues starts with very basic stuff like that it still doesn't even compile for ARMv6 and the display being upside down. ;)

4.2 offers pretty much no improvements on old ARMv6 devices (different, not necessarely better, notification power widgets, possible user profile support and lockscreen widgets). It would only raise questions why this or that 4.2 feature doesn't work and when it will be fixed (answer being never).

When I said the latest CM10 build was final, it means that it wouldn't bother me if it remained the last (I think I've done few final builds on my previous ROMs :P). CyanogenMod as a project is now moving forward with 10.1 and there really won't be that much going on with CM10 (and there's not much to be done on our device). If someone comes up with some major improvements and releases the source, I might as well make a new build at some point. I'll probably check back in a month/next year and see if there's been any progress, but I'm not doing any active development work on CM10 anymore.

Summa summarum, I still find Android ROM development fun but I could do just fine without few things that revolve around it. It's hard to describe the amount of frustration that e.g. needy people in message boards can cause sometimes. I find it really difficult to see the point in me posting anything when some people don't bother reading either.

Guest plegdroid

glad,. it was the same with the change from ics to jb, ics was just at the stage where you got the feeling of this is working and I really like this rom,then jb came and it was testing, testing, testing again. could do with the break to enjoy what I've already been given and live with it for awhile. 42 if it comes it comes, if not i already feel blessed with what s been shared. :)

Guest Dio-Genes

IMO we all should be aware of the hardware and device we are using. You can't change a Volkswagen to a Bentley. So, I'd be very glad with a good and stable running ICS/JB on our beloved Skatie and thats it.

4.1.2 as used from tilal and some other developers is good, and as tilal stated in his first post, he was thinking, that this would be the last version that would still run on the Skate and still be usable on it.

I guess he was very right at that point.

Get rid of the issues, get it stable as possible and then we have a really good running Skate.

If you want more, I guess you have to put money on the table ;)