[JB] [CM10] ColdFusionX 2 for the ZTE Skate [UPDATED - 19/11]

Guest tilal6991

Right, but we use the Blade's liboemcamera which has no flash.

yeah for that im using a rom 2.3..7 with the original liboemcamera for use decompile and extract the funcions of the flash one by one, for make a new driver indepently of liboemcamera, whoo sound this, pretty for me, i dont like answers like this:

It's a waste of time.

I have my time for make it, who i like it, sorry if the time of somebody is wasted

the next week i expect have more info.

Guest dejanmil

I have my time for make it, who i like it, sorry if the time of somebody is wasted

U go for it...i belive everything can be made to work, its only a matter of time and patience in right direction :) Edited by dejanmil

Guest tilal6991

yeah for that im using a rom 2.3..7 with the original liboemcamera for use decompile and extract the funcions of the flash one by one, for make a new driver indepently of liboemcamera, whoo sound this, pretty for me, i dont like answers like this:

If you are willing to put in the time and effort it's possible. I haven't bothered since I dont use the flash so I personally don't care about doing it.

Good luck!

Guest Nofan Tasi

FYI

I found some way to keep Link2SD and cope with abc.foo.bar.asec files in /data/app-asec/ for purchased apps.

basically

- backup app with Titanium Backup

- uninstall app

- restore app with Titanium Backup

seems Titanium Backup then puts abc.foo.bar.apk in /data/app where Link2SD can find it

Guest tilal6991

Progress on 4.2:

UI much smoother

Audio works

Mass storage now full working along with adb

Camera should be pretty easy to fix

WiFi works but you need to go through a special procedure on every reboot and indicator of bars is broken

Mobile signal strength still borked

Data and telephony works though

Browser crash fixed

Video playback should be up to JB standards with a bit of mucking around to forward port Ganster's work

That's all for now. Rest assured a 4.2 build will be out soon along with a final 4.1 build with all goodies shortly after.

Guest felystar

First, thanks for your work, Lalit.

I had 16/09 and I updated to 19/11 I found it has worse battery life, right? Is it only me? After installing it and charging I wiped battery stats so it should work well. It consumes a lot and sometimes it drains while phone is locked. I installed Battery Stats but there isn't any app causing it. Solutions?

Edited by felystar

Guest Dio-Genes

Ooh, I think I'll go for the 4.1 final. Me and my phone need some rest from experimenting :)

Maybe later on I'll have a look at the 4.2

What do you expect, tilal, is there a chance to go any further with the phone and upcoming Android versions, like you mentioned in your first post, that you think it will be the last version that will be running still smooth and usable on the Skate?

And a really honest big thank you for your impressing work on the Skate.

Hope your studies going as well, too.

Guest Wondrej

4.2 from the looks of things will be able to run just as well as 4.1. I can't speak for later versions.

As I mentioned some time ago, I don't mind this being the last update, since the phone itself wasn't build for such OS, so its just amazing that we can have this version and if you would bring your awesomeness to the point that it would just work without major issues, I think it would be sufficient for Skate. We can be happy that we can get 4.1 and even 4.2 and if most of it would work as it should I think the Skate would be the best phone in price to performance ratio on the market atm (or one of the best at least) all that thanks to you. So yeah. 4.2 is fine :)

Guest Dio-Genes

As I mentioned some time ago, I don't mind this being the last update, since the phone itself wasn't build for such OS, so its just amazing that we can have this version and if you would bring your awesomeness to the point that it would just work without major issues, I think it would be sufficient for Skate. We can be happy that we can get 4.1 and even 4.2 and if most of it would work as it should I think the Skate would be the best phone in price to performance ratio on the market atm (or one of the best at least) all that thanks to you. So yeah. 4.2 is fine :)

Full ACK

Thanks latit for your Amazing ROMs. I've been running CM9 since I got the phone and recently updated to CM10 but I've got a problem, the proximity sensor doesn't seem to work on CM10. I noticed this on 10/11 build and updating to 19/11 didn't fix that, so I returned to the 10/11 build as I don't wanna mess with the TPT stuff. I'm basicly running the ROM with the 40int2ext script and probably nothing else changed.

I included probably the messiest logcat ever where I call the carrier number a few times. Did I break something in the software or is it a hardware issue? Thanks again for your fantastic work and I'm looking forward to 4.2 :)

Tl;dr proximity sensor not working

2012-12-02-17-35-55.txt

Edited by Medo3G

Guest satanovsyn

@Medo3G

I have 19/11 and I am using 40int script and my proximity sensor is working well.

Know you that after calibrating sensor is necessary restart device??

And if you are calibrating that you need be close to big light!!!

Edited by satanovsyn

Guest Gerycard

Tl;dr proximity sensor not working

It works, just calibrate it under the Settings -> (Maybe..) Advanced menu :)

Edited by Gerycard

Guest creedence

When the final version is completed by 4.1, which is a great gift! Thank Lalit!

I wish you much success!

Edited by creedence

It works, just calibrate it under the Settings -> (Maybe..) Advanced menu :)

Dude you ROCK it works now

Probably someone was messing around there and changed it :P

I was confused why it broke suddenly