[JB] [CM10] ColdFusionX 2 for the ZTE Skate [UPDATED - 19/11]

Guest tilal6991

Guest balambuc

is anything you've added causing the drain? have you better battery stats to help nail it down (Google better battery stats xda ) and cpu spy to check if the phone is reaching deep sleep, also have a look in performance settings, Lalit may have set the governor to lagfree, change to smartass2 :)

BTW where can I find out what are these governors doing? o.O

Guest plegdroid

BTW where can I find out what are these governors doing? o.O

Google, not being funny with you , but Google will have the answer for the specific of each one :)

it's a bit indepth to explain each one.

really, no offence intended :)

Guest kayzeroff

I just changed from ics cm9 to this rom so i would like to ask is it normal that i still have cm9 animation when i boot my skate? And what is your sugesstion 1st link rom or video playback version?

Guest razzmataz1478

I just changed from ics cm9 to this rom so i would like to ask is it normal that i still have cm9 animation when i boot my skate? And what is your sugesstion 1st link rom or video playback version?

No CM10 animation yet.

Super smooth ui - first one

Streaming video - second one.

Guest sasa_gm

I'm using this build ("non-working video ") for about 12 hours. It's nice, but needs some improvment, for sure. Here's my report:

Three biggets issues:

-YouTube app doesn't work. TubeMate also not working for me (please, help me about this. Someone said that it's working, so what are your settings for it...?)

-Link2Sd can't link dalvik cache

-Camera is broken

Some less important things:

-There is some lag when scrolling through widget list. I think that google play's widgets make this problem, 'cuz scrolling was nice until I've installed gapps.

-Native launcher's (Trebuchet) settings don't work. Most of them just won't open.

-Hard keys' backlight doesn't work properlly.

-Native Gallery doesn't load some pics when I scroll. They just stay blank.

That's about problems. Here are some my tips for users.

-Trebuchet launcher is fine, but Nova seems faster, and overlly better.

-If you have problems with Gallery like me, use "Just pictures" gallery app.

Wish you all good luck with this ROM.

Guest razzmataz1478

I'm using this build ("non-working video ") for about 12 hours. It's nice, but needs some improvment, for sure. Here's my report:

Three biggets issues:

-YouTube app doesn't work. TubeMate also not working for me (please, help me about this. Someone said that it's working, so what are your settings for it...?)

-Link2Sd can't link dalvik cache

-Camera is broken

Some less important things:

-There is some lag when scrolling through widget list. I think that google play's widgets make this problem, 'cuz scrolling was nice until I've installed gapps.

-Native launcher's (Trebuchet) settings don't work. Most of them just won't open.

-Hard keys' backlight doesn't work properlly.

-Native Gallery doesn't load some pics when I scroll. They just stay blank.

That's about problems. Here are some my tips for users.

-Trebuchet launcher is fine, but Nova seems faster, and overlly better.

-If you have problems with Gallery like me, use "Just pictures" gallery app.

Wish you all good luck with this ROM.

Your three biggest issues:

Streaming video does not work at all.

Link2sd problems discussed a few pages is back and there is no solution.

Camera - We don't need to be reminded. :)

Other problems:

Lag most likely because of a more populated app drawer

These features have not yet been implemented.

Maybe turn on navigation bar?

Guest Josh92

I've gone back to Mokee for the moment pretty much just because of the Dalvik Cache issue, surprised people here are finding theres enough space. Other than that it was running nicely, couple of things I did spot were:

- When turning on nav bar my apps/widgets were shifted down, for instance the default settings widget on the screen to the left at the bottom was going over onto the button shortcuts.

- When notifications came up the animation on & off was broken, the text would go corrupt-like.

Hope to give the rom another go soon! :)

Guest utternoob

Does anyone have a mirror for the razz trimmed build? For some reason it keeps failing

Nevermind

Edited by utternoob

Guest razzmataz1478

Does anyone have a mirror for the razz trimmed build? For some reason it keeps failing

Nevermind

Working now? :)

205mb system space taken up after tilal6991 GAPPS and the updated Play Store inter grated into system.

Guest utternoob

Working now? :)

205mb system space taken up after tilal6991 GAPPS and the updated Play Store inter grated into system.

I squeaked in at 198 after deleting news and weather, Ears and Play Music. Going to flash a 200 tpt and gain some space :)

you can use my build n the previous page which doesn't require a TPT.

Otherwise download TPT helper, confirm phone model, then create your own TPT.

System 230

Cache 2

Check md5sum checksum. 2/4 is correct.

Power off

Power+menu+volume up

it worked - now i have space

system 230M

data 208M

yesterday i tried your first posted trimmed version on my 200MB system - it fitted with the trimmed gapps

but in the morning phone shut down cause of empty akku - it was fully loaded yesterday

wifi was not active

now with tpt helper i installed tilal6991 novideo version - so lets see ...

Guest chrisbrew

My honest opinion.... stick with CM9 or Mokee. Don't get me wrong, this is a real achievement from Lalit and the hours of programming and effort he has put into it to bring this ROM to a budget phone is remarkable. But.. what's the point of using this rom when functions like video streaming and even the camera are broken? People buy the OMC/Skate because its a big screen phone with a camera ( not a good one ) and all the functionality it gives because its cheap. Once you get it unlocked and remove all the Orange bloatware it really is a good phone. If you're not bothered with the camera or video and the other broken functions, ( I'm sure most of you are! ) then this is the ROM for you. For me once Qualcomm release the drivers for camera functions ( sometime never ) or Cyanagon reverse engineer and support the OMC/Skate then I may change my mind. As an afterthought, they got Jellybean working on the original android phone the G1 if this can be done then surely, every android phone can run it!!

Guest razzmataz1478

New release was going to fit 200 MB TPT......does this fit ?

No. Look at my trimmed/stripped build a page or two back. Exactly the same as Lalit's except no ROM manager, wallpapers and latinime dictionaries.