[JB] [CM10] ColdFusionX 2 for the ZTE Skate [UPDATED - 19/11]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Redstarr1

Dear Tilal. Link2sd works without script. Okay. I want to test the S2E solution KonstaT's . Do you have a link for us? Thanks

You can find it on the CM10 thread by KonstaT on the Blade section of Modaco, it's on this page: http://www.modaco.com/topic/355903-devrom218-cyanogenmod-10-android-411/page__st__720#entry2010659

Follow his instructions, I haven't tried it yet (as I'm still on Paranoid Android ICS, waiting for Paranoid Android JB).

Guest KonstaT

Can we have a link please?

Is this the latest version of S2E that KonstaT modified?

Yes, it's the latest version (2.2.1) that I hacked not to complain about jelly bean API level.

@Lalit

Have you compiled today/yesterday? I did a clean build on sunday and it was fine. There was ~75 commits merged sunday/monday night. Haven't been able to boot since. All I get is a blank screen and then it just freezes when it should boot into android. I must have reverted half of that stuff by now and still no luck. I'm having a serious wtf moment... :P

Guest AdamisHun

I installed the ROM 20120816, but it's incapable of connect to my wifi connection. There is no problem with IceArmor II and with CFX ICS (the connection is secured with WPA2 PSK). Any idea?

Guest tilal6991

@KonstaT

Right. Figured out the issue. It was the two new commits in dalvik. I've fixed the issue and I'll put a gerrit commit up tomorrow.

Guest KonstaT

@KonstaT

Right. Figured out the issue. It was the two new commits in dalvik. I've fixed the issue and I'll put a gerrit commit up tomorrow.

Yeah, it was obvious that it would break for ARMv6 - first one I reverted. Screen issue was because I still had jb hwcomposer in my build, that also broke with latest commits. Got rid of that and works now as usual.

Guest phuang3

I found this CM10 is significantly weaker on wi-fi reception. I am just 1M~2M away from my wireless AP, I only got 3 out of 4 signal strength. On CM9, I got 4 out of 4!

Guest Redstarr1

I found this CM10 is significantly weaker on wi-fi reception. I am just 1M~2M away from my wireless AP, I only got 3 out of 4 signal strength. On CM9, I got 4 out of 4!

There are apps to check your signal reception (like wifi analyzer), just using the bars in the status bar is a very inaccurate way, you don't know what 1 bar stands for. There might be some interference causing you to have a bit lesser reception at that time, you're judging a bit fast I think. My reception is basically the same as CM9 (at quite a distance from the router).

You're lucky, I have no signal streght. Wait, I have no connection.... :angry2:

I notice that most people who have wifi-problems (on any rom, people have been complaining on 2.3.5/2.3.7/4.0.4/4.1.1) have foreign, maybe exotic versions of the Skate. Keep in mind that these roms are mostly made for the (British) OMC. Post a logcat if you really have big issues, maybe a dev can look into it.

Hello guys,

I'm quite new at this: earlier this week I started with CM9 and yesterday I moved over to CM10, but I believe I found a bug:

My phone is connecting via bluetooth to my car (phone and car both say device found), but when I start winamp the audio doesn't get streamed to the car (this worked for CM9 and stock). Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for all the great work on this!

EDIT: found this: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1848643

will try and report back.

Doesn't seem to work. For now i'll have to revert to CM9.

I have seen other posts from around the 14th of august saying the bluetooth audio problems have been fixed in the CM10 nightlies though, will this be merged to this ROM?

Judging by the age posts earlier in this thread most of you aren't actually old enough to own or drive a car :)

I'm not meaning to be pushy but I'd like to put this on the radar in the the hope tilal/lalit or another dev picks it up.-. I'm on atomicmod right now where it works, but once this get's fixed for CM10 i'm switching right back.

Okay, I want to install this ROM but I have no idea how. I had AtomicMod, did wipe etc (not sure if correctly) but it kept saying status 7 error of "Symlink: Some Symlinks failed. Can someone give me a full guide how to install this (for dummies please). I might need to resize partitions too.

Guest utternoob

Download TPT Helper from Play Store. 200mb system, cache up to you, app computes data. Power off when finished. Turn on using Volume Up, middle button and power. Install ROM and gapps. Boot. Congratulations, you have Jelly Bean :D

Guest Redstarr1

No wipes, formats etc?

The TPT will wipe everything already, if you update JB later on you'll need to format system but after a TPT that's a bit unnecessary.

Thanks very much..it is working now :) I just got one question about a camera. Why is it so laggy? And I don't like the ads in CameraICS, could you suggest any other cam apps?

Edit: Any voice recognition systems (google now, sms) are not working. I just open something and it immediatly goes "not recognized" (no time for speaking..)

Edited by shaez

Guest ir1997

theres a better fast picture taking app that camera ics that works with cfx2 jb its called action camera

Edited by ir1997