[JB] [CM10] ColdFusionX 2 for the ZTE Skate [UPDATED - 19/11]

Guest tilal6991

Guest plegdroid

iam still using 13-08-12 gapps, with no issues :)<br /><br /><br />off topic, tapatalk is borked seriously borked :\<br />

Edited by plegdroid

Guest razzmataz1478
iam still using 13-08-12 gapps, with no issues :)<br /><br /><br />off topic, tapatalk is borked seriously borked :\<br />

Happens with the mobile site as well, and there's the emoticon quote bug. It's IPBoard...

Guest Redstarr1

May it's the gapps' problem?

Is your partition big enough? Say at least 180mb. If the problems start happening after flashing gapps it might be because you don't have enough space. The older gapps worked fine on previous roms. Haven't tried to flash the new rom, my Skate is on Mokee at the moment because I'm letting my brother use it (he likes the fm radio). But I can't imagine that gapps that worked fine before start making problems that are a bit unrelated.

Guest felystar

Hello. Tilal I've seen you have merged the builds you made at the beggining of this ROM, the one created for smooth UI and the one that could playback video, then my question is: does it play youtube? I haven't been around here since july and I don't know how has it been going. Thanks

Guest Scybalon

You can find the whole procedure here: http://goo.gl/SRJXo

Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for.

Maybe tilal can copy this link to the second post so everybody can find it.

Nevertheless I am still wondering about:

Project Butter - if following the official definition of VSYNC and triple buffering

Where can I find further information?

Guest marko_serb

Here's what I've seen so far :)

- Gapps work fine (200MB System - 157MB used, 2MB Cache - 1MB used, gapps-cfx-jb-20120815-super-stripped.zip) with Link2SD

- WiFi works on WPA-PSK

- Gallery still has some problems while decoding parts of JPEG's

Screenshot_2012_09_20_01_27_45.jpg

- Custom Auto Brightness just won't return to lower level after brightening up (I've tried EVERY possible setting), it says on the screen that it's down to 50 or 20 as set, but the screen stays bright

Screenshot_2012_09_20_01_44_14.jpg

- Message and other notification tones don't play (vibration works)

- YouTube won't play, just crashes after showing buttons

- Camera Video recording "records" but doesn't save files

- "TV effect" sometimes shows, turns off screen and then shows whole screen for a split second

Everything else works just perfect! Super fast, stable.. Previous version sometimes restarted the phone while dialing a contact, 0 times in this version :) If you can't strech a widget to full width - set to landscape, strech it all the way and then return to portrait :)

Sorry if I told something everybody else knew, I'm new to Android (broken HTC Blue Angel owner). Greetings to everybody and THANKS FOR THE HARD WORK!

Guest plegdroid

Followed the guide but still not work :(

If i run Voice Search it works but it does not work with Google Now

Some other suggestions?

thnx in advance

I wish I could advise, but I don't use voice search (removed all voice related apks )

***could someone who uses voice search please advise :)***

Guest Redstarr1

Followed the guide but still not work

If i run Voice Search it works but it does not work with Google Now

Some other suggestions?

thnx in advance

Are you using the separate Voice Search app? You can't use the search button in Google Now, that one doesn't work, only the Voice Search in app drawer (or a shortcut on a homescreen). Might also be a problem with the gapps you're using. I used 13/08 regular stripped (not super).

Guest ilCosmico

I wish I could advise, but I don't use voice search (removed all voice related apks )

***could someone who uses voice search please advise ***

Uninstalled all voice related... then installed your apk but when i try Google Now it tell me "i don't understand, try again" immediatly :(

little note: my zte is in Italian language... could be this the problem ?

Guest ilCosmico

Are you using the separate Voice Search app? You can't use the search button in Google Now, that one doesn't work, only the Voice Search in app drawer (or a shortcut on a homescreen). Might also be a problem with the gapps you're using. I used 13/08 regular stripped (not super).

How can i find them? Could you give me the link ?

thnx

No problem. I had to use latest video drivers (especially msm framebuffer) from your original JB kernel anyway to make it work!

Since with the default drivers screen was stuck at green robot logo even if system booted properly.

Adding just triple FB didn't help (jumpy picture). I had to update everything inside drivers/video/msm...

Also it would be cool if anybody could test it for couple of days how's battery life and stability.

Testers can contact be by PM - I will provide flashable zip as soon as I have one ready.

Edited by C3C0

How did you put Panorama partially working did you found new drivers ?

It was rather minor camera HAL update. Also a quick note to anyone who's still compiling CM9/Paranoid Android. Panomara has been fully working in ICS for quite a while.

https://github.com/K...3dc7ee446117dc7

Nevertheless I am still wondering about:

Project Butter - if following the official definition of VSYNC and triple buffering

Where can I find further information?

How technical do you want to get? There's mostly accurate and easy to understand article about project butter over at android police.

http://www.androidpo...-what-it-added/

We already have working implementations of vsync in our kernel but for project butter that would mean system wide vsync driven updates in graphics pipeline from kernel to userspace display driver and to what is actually drawn to display.

You would need this on the kernel side:

https://www.codeauro...214d974a7c0cf36

https://www.codeauro...9da560c3ebbf990

And this (or what's between ifdefs here):

https://www.codeauro...34484516711c77d

Unfortunately this is not possible with our hardware. MDP version 3.03 or higher is required when msm7x27 only has 3.00. It still doesn't mean that you can't have smooth UI.

Alternative S4 kernel for JB roms (work in progress).

Little bit of benchmarking.

And this is just by disabling few things in defconfig (uio, fuse_fs, debug_fs)?

And this is just by disabling few things in defconfig (uio, fuse_fs, debug_fs)?

No. This is just a small part of it. Huge amount of other debugging is disabled but you won't find this on my github since I done it couple of months ago when I didn't have github yet...

There is also a difference in overclocking part comapring it to tilal's one. So this could be another reason why it performs better in benchmarks.

Edited by C3C0