[JB] [CM10] ColdFusionX 2 for the ZTE Skate [UPDATED - 19/11]

Guest tilal6991

The you need to flash CyanogenMod onto your N7 because it can't see ad-hoc networks, only infrastructure networks it will be able to see (e.g. wireless router)

I don't think that's true. I just tried it and my Nexus 7 connected to my "Portable WiFi hotspot" without problems.

(Phone is running CM and N7 is stock.)

Guest tilal6991

Right. Let me explain this:

On cm7 of the the skate native tethering was Woking so infrastructure mode was possible.

On cm9/10 native tethering is broken and these apps create ad hoc networks.

The nexus can't see ad hoc networks and so can't connect.

Hi everyone,

strangly I don't have any menu to activate softkeys in settings>system. I am with 19/09 build. Is it normal?

P.S. impressive ROM again

Yeah you have to flash it seperately with this rom, Pledgedroid posted a link a while back.

Guest skywalkerctu

@skywallkerctu Check if in the root of the sdcard is a nonmedia archive and delete it

thanks,I'll check it when I have time.

Edited by skywalkerctu

Right. Let me explain this:

On cm7 of the the skate native tethering was Woking so infrastructure mode was possible.

On cm9/10 native tethering is broken and these apps create ad hoc networks.

The nexus can't see ad hoc networks and so can't connect.

i don't want to flash nexus7 and i don't know how to make nexus7 can use ad-hoc.

so, i used second way, bluetooth. it can share 3g network, but very slow.....

i think i will try to find the way, how to make nexus7 use ad-hoc, or give up jb on my phone...

thank you, guys~!

Guest King Mustard

I am running 19/09.

I am trying to set the SMS tone to an MP3 file in the Ringtones folder on the memory card.

I open the Messages app, then Settings. Under Notifications, I choose "Choose ringtone" and I get options such as "Default ringtone, Silent, Doink, Naughty, Pong" etc. - but no way to set a custom tone.

Any ideas?

Guest jul57640

i don't want to flash nexus7 and i don't know how to make nexus7 can use ad-hoc.

so, i used second way, bluetooth. it can share 3g network, but very slow.....

i think i will try to find the way, how to make nexus7 use ad-hoc, or give up jb on my phone...

thank you, guys~!

there's nothing you can do without rooting your tab first.search ad-hoc wpa supplicant on google

Guest razzmataz1478
<br /><br />i don't want to flash nexus7 and i don't know how to make nexus7 can use ad-hoc.<br />so, i used second way, bluetooth. it can share 3g network, but very slow.....<br /><br />i think i will try to find the way, how to make nexus7 use ad-hoc, or give up jb on my phone...<br /><br />thank you, guys~!
&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;You won&#39;t find another way, the system needs editing to be able to see ad-hoc networks, so if you are bothered, you better give up on jb now..<br />Sorry.<br /><br /><br />THIS QUOTE BUG IS DESPERATE NEED OF A FIX. Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest Joey Scarf

Are there some instructions for flashing this rom, is it just the same instructions as roms like cyanogenmod 9

I havent had a chance to look though all these pages

Guest razzmataz1478
Are there some instructions for flashing this rom, is it just the same instructions as roms like cyanogenmod 9

What ROM you in now?

I'm running link2sd and facebook wanted an update and the download is too large to be installed.

I have deleted a few system items that I don't think I need to make way and still cant get enough space.

My TPT seems to be:

/data

Total 162MB Used 132MB Free 30.08MB

/system

Total 220MB Used 180MB Free 39.82MB

/cache

Total 57.50MB Used 1.19MB Free 53.31MB

Anyone recommend a better one, thanks?

Guest felystar

Yeah it's the same steps.

Guest razzmataz1478

Stock rom, just flashed it as phone suddenly got stuck in a boot loop after about 10 months on stock rom, but its fine now

Ok so just format system, data, cache and flash the ROM + gapps and you should be good.

Guest marko_serb

I'm running link2sd and facebook wanted an update and the download is too large to be installed.

I have deleted a few system items that I don't think I need to make way and still cant get enough space.

My TPT seems to be:

/data

/system

/cache

System: 200MB

Cache: 2MB

Data: 238MB

I have 40MB free on System so you may even set it to 180MB probably. Install "link2sd" from app store and set it up as it should (another partition on sd card). I have 127MB free on Internal Storage with a lot of software installed.

Guest razzmataz1478
From where is taked a space for cache? From internal memory?

If I want 10MB which partition will be smaller?

Everything comes out of the whole NAND flash and what's left is the data.

Guest dandare75

My TPT seems to be:

/data

/system

/cache

I have 180MB and it fits ok, getting extra space for apps...