[JB] [CM10] ColdFusionX 2 for the ZTE Skate [UPDATED - 19/11]

Guest tilal6991

In my cm9 pa I had to code interface to completely turn off paranoid hybrid mode myself so people get standard cm9.

I would be surprised if there wasn't similar feature in cm10 version of pa.

Guest plegdroid
In my cm9 pa I had to code interface to completely turn off paranoid hybrid mode myself so people get standard cm9.

lol, morning, that explains why we can't turn off the hybrid mode. it was not a standard feature :D

Guest Verhaaltjes

Had another spontaneous reboot this morning. Simply went to Settings icon in App Drawer, pushed it, and reboot. Seems a bit random to me.

Not sure how to enable zram (if that would help). Anyone can give a hint?

Guest plegdroid
Had another spontaneous reboot this morning. Simply went to Settings icon in App Drawer, pushed it, and reboot. Seems a bit random to me.

Not sure how to enable zram (if that would help). Anyone can give a hint?

morning, it's in performance settings, memory management. set a % value and reboot.

:)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest creedence

Yes. There is a such a setting. Stock ui, CM10, but does not help either.

Guest creedence

My settings:

Stock phone ui

processor-245-806MHz lagfree, sio.

dithering--disabled

zram--enabled(standard)

release of resource--enabled

kernel samepage merging--enabled

16 bit-transparent-- disabled

gpu-rendering force --enabled

background process limit - no more than four processes

actions do not save -- enabled

So I have always 60-70 mb free,which is not too much.

Edited by creedence

Guest dieé

When I install an App with PA, sometimes my Skate got restarted (Hot reboot); I have link2SD to manage all my App's. Maybe, is it that the cause of the restarts?

Which app would you recommend to install for my internal memory? Could you tell me what are the steps to follow to get ready with ParanoidAndroid?

Guest e.miron

I like transparent lockscreen too

Reffering to colouring the softkeys, they don't work, but after I have enabled PA colours I have my choice of colour as soon as I enter the system settings but when I close settings the colour revert to white. And when I open various apps, I have random colours, always others, they don't repeat and don't always show the same colour with the same app. Strange .....

Random reboots yes, when opening settings mostly but also when surfing the net or opening an app. I suspect Trebuchet to be the culprit here, some compatibility issue with hybrid mode maybe. Go Launcher Ex installs fine but won't start . Also I can't access the Widgets page with Trebuchet because FCs as soon as I select said page.

I recommend Autostarts app to control which app starts at boot because when I used the first time this app I have discovered that virtually almost all my 60+ apps started at boot and I can't think of a reason why I want this . After I have disabled pretty much everything from start at boot I have a little over 200 MB free of RAM.

Anyway is by far the smoothest ROM Tilal produced until now, for which I am very grateful.

Guest razzmataz1478
Very interesting. But something else: what do you think of my settings? Do you have some more tips? :blink:

Your settings look good for RAM - I have zRam at 50% but also use tablet mode for systemui (uses more RAM).

There's an app that changes what starts at boot but I can't remember the name...

Guest razzmataz1478
Thank razzmataz. In the rom toolbox pro I can control the starting programs.

I've just download an app that does this and I can achieve 200mb fee ram at boot :)

Guest e.miron

Not only at startup but also at various triggers like conectivity change, wifi on/off, launch of a song or of a movie, install/uninstall an app, connect charger, etc, the apps starts like crazy. And mostly at triggers who don't have anything to do with a certain apps. Like a game starts when I open gallery, or install other app, dropbox and facebook starts when iI connect charger, etc. With the newer phones at 1-2 GB RAM; maybe it is not a huge issue, but for our humble 512 MB it is too much.

Guest razzmataz1478
Not only at startup but also at various triggers like conectivity change, wifi on/off, launch of a song or of a movie, install/uninstall an app, connect charger, etc, the apps starts like crazy. And mostly at triggers who don't have anything to do with a certain apps. Like a game starts when I open gallery, or install other app, dropbox and facebook starts when iI connect charger, etc. With the newer phones at 1-2 GB RAM; maybe it is not a huge issue, but for our humble 512 MB it is too much.

The app of which name I can't remember did triggers and everything grr