[JB] [CM10] ColdFusionX 2 for the ZTE Skate [UPDATED - 19/11]

Guest tilal6991

Guest ivanMircic

post-910238-1352230282812_thumb.jpg

:)

You are right. I checked now. From some reason(I do not know which one) when I create custom partitions few hours ago he request from android root rights. But I check this again few minutes ago and root rights are not needed. Hm curious. In any case, when I build my custom partition TPT never work (do not build image file) when is linked with link2sd.

Edited by ivanMircic

Guest plegdroid

You are right. I checked now. From some reason(I do not know which one) when I create custom partitions few hours ago he request from android root rights. But I check this again few minutes ago and root rights are not needed. Hm curious. In any case, when I build my custom partition TPT never work (do not build image file) when is linked with link2sd.

if you've got tpt helper linked to sd,unlink it from link2sd and use from phone storage. that maybe the problem to why custom tpt is not working as expected :)

@skywalker, have you tried different key combination s to see if that will make it work? :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Sudmota

Greetings everyone!

I've been using some custom ROMs for skate, although I'm am not fully acquainted with the process of updating them regarding the GAPPS file. I installed it for CM9 ( as suggested in ). I see it brings out the google apps but does it add anything else crucial for it to work properly ?

I don't see it being discussed in this topic along with the ROM releases. Is it dispensable now ? Or is there any link for an updated gapps that should be installed along with each ROM ?

Finally, i would like to deeply thank you for all your effort. The ROMs I've been testing, although not many, are by far the best I've seen _o_

Guest omegavesko
Greetings everyone!

I've been using some custom ROMs for skate, although I'm am not fully acquainted with the process of updating them regarding the GAPPS file. I installed it for CM9 ( as suggested in ). I see it brings out the google apps but does it add anything else crucial for it to work properly ?

I don't see it being discussed in this topic along with the ROM releases. Is it dispensable now ? Or is there any link for an updated gapps that should be installed along with each ROM ?

Finally, i would like to deeply thank you for all your effort. The ROMs I've been testing, although not many, are by far the best I've seen _o_

Goo.im usually has the latest Google apps packages.

Guest satanovsyn

Hi, I have problem with mobile internet since first relase. If I turn off mobile data and after turn on wifi, everything is ok. But after if I turn off wifi and try turn on mobile data, then mobile data is not started. In system is open, but without internet connection.

Only one thing help me. Turn on/off plane mode. After I can start mobile data.

7b5n8alg0xdwxfix2p4v.png

It is bug? Or problem is only on my side?

Edited by satanovsyn

Guest bailicek

Hi, I have problem with mobile internet since first relase. If I turn off mobile data and after turn on wifi, everything is ok. But after if I turn off wifi and try turn on mobile data, then mobile data is not started. In system is open, but without internet connection.

Only one thing help me. Turn on/off plane mode. After I can start mobile data.

7b5n8alg0xdwxfix2p4v.png

It is bug? Or problem is only on my side?

I got this problem too. But I got when update Rom wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, dalvik cache. Working on version from 18/10 and I have this problem only twice at week for example. I have this problem in PA and Skatie from C3C0 too. So, I dont know where is the problem for that.

And my question. Any description for version from 06/11/2012? How it works?

Guest Verhaaltjes

Very odd thing happened to my Paranoid yesterday: had a "usual" reboot when reading a text message, and when it came up again, the 3 button led's refused to turn off. They kept giving light, which was a bit of a battery killer of course. Had to manually reboot it again to fix it. Very odd.

@Tilal: any chance of trying a new Paranoid build now that some problems seem to have gone away in CM10 nightlies? Look forward to it. Thx.

Will this actually work with CFX2? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=33383098

Also, the 05/11 build seems smoother than others, reboots dont happen as often, the camera is not working - download Camera ICS. Trebuchet still closes when opening app drawer (just a little thing came to my mind - couldnt it be because of those 'tips' you get the first time you open appdrawer? because it always hangs when it pops up (or tries to)), so install any other launcher - Atom or Nova...

And a question for lalit: didn't you say you will stick with cecos s4 kernel for this rom? because at least all the governors arent there, so it seems like there is still your/CM10 kernel...? or maybe i got something wrong haha

Guest skywalkerctu

if you've got tpt helper linked to sd,unlink it from link2sd and use from phone storage. that maybe the problem to why custom tpt is not working as expected :)

@skywalker, have you tried different key combination s to see if that will make it work? :)

Yes,I did.I tried volume up+menu+power, volume up+power and menu+power.None of them worked.Here is what I did:

tpt helper linked-->failed

tpt helper in phone storage-->failed

tried with different keys -->failed

use v2b -->worked

restore rom,created tpt -->worked

All tpts I tried were custom except v2b.

Guest dejanmil

When ur installing this ROM, first install actual ROM than reboot and go to app drawer and click ok on all 3 tips when they popup, then reboot into recovery and finally instal GAPPS. It should solve app drawer fc.

.....or if u allredy instaled rom, try to be fast as lightning to click ok when u open drawer, u will eventaly make it :)

Edited by dejanmil

Guest plegdroid

Yes,I did.I tried volume up+menu+power, volume up+power and menu+power.None of them worked.Here is what I did:

tpt helper linked-->failed

tpt helper in phone storage-->failed

tried with different keys -->failed

use v2b -->worked

restore rom,created tpt -->worked

All tpts I tried were custom except v2b.

my bad, when I asked different key combinations, I ment as: home, volume up and power, rather rhan menu volume up and power? :) only reason I ask is as on the tpt thread it was noted that some phones use a different key combination.

Edited by plegdroid

When ur installing this ROM, first install actual ROM than reboot and go to app drawer and click ok on all 3 tips when they popup, then reboot into recovery and finally instal GAPPS. It should solve app drawer fc.

.....or if u allredy instaled rom, try to be fast as lightning to click ok when u open drawer, u will eventaly make it :)

wow, thank you, it actually works! niiice:)

also, AC!D audio mod v4 stopped working from build 05/11, last usable one seems to be 03/11, which is a pity, since its a must-have for me until i get an mp3 player

Guest tilal6991

Right. I want to sort this reboot issue. Are they soft reboot to the boot animation or a full reboot. Also can someone get me a new logcat of this crash?

Guest plegdroid
Right. I want to sort this reboot issue. Are they soft reboot to the boot animation or a full reboot. Also can someone get me a new logcat of this crash?

morning Lalit, any specific rom, so we're all singing from the same song sheet? and do you want this with no o/c & process limit set? will a "alogcat" on phone log be sufficient?

or adb log only? :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Verhaaltjes

On my Paranoid it is soft reboot. Suddenly the Paranoid eyes appear, and the jellybeans kick in. So not the Green Android Logo first.

all nighties were giving me "soft reboots" or "hot-reboots" - when I try to do something, usually after using the phone for a while, it hangs for a split second, then there is black screen and then comes the boot animation (so no green android logo). It also boots up faster than standard reboot, and Ive noticed that the SD card does not prepare as with normal reboot. How can i get you some logs? I would like to help you in this development as much as i can.

Guest skywalkerctu

my bad, when I asked different key combinations, I ment as: home, volume up and power, rather rhan menu volume up and power? :) only reason I ask is as on the tpt thread it was noted that some phones use a different key combination.

I was very sure that it wasn't the problem,for I used tpt helper for many times on the same phone.