[JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/09]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

You need to sync for CM10 ("jellybean") and then set up your local_manifest.xml as such, pointing at the device jellybean branch -- currently the proprietaries are still on ics as there's no change yet.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

CM10 seems to be getting more "Cyanogeny" now...

For those of you who don't normally check our gerrit, the CM JellyBean source just got a bit sweeter as we merged the first chunk of CM features in.

The preview builds released thus far were fairly close to AOSP base features. Time for that to change

The linked commit includes:

- Power menu Reboot

- Power menu screenshot

- Profiles

- Lock screen Calendar

- Lock screen Weather

- Notification light customization

- Battery light customization

- IME Selector notification toggle

- and a few more things to support Settings

This is the first set of many features that will make their way into source, slowly bringing CM10 up to feature parity with CM9, then surpassing it.

https://plus.google....sts/afgwpdBBkkD

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest MadEye Moody

You need to sync for CM10 ("jellybean") and then set up your local_manifest.xml as such, pointing at the device jellybean branch -- currently the proprietaries are still on ics as there's no change yet.

I already have CM9 in ~/android/source/cm9

I should do the following?

~ $ mkdir ~/android/source/cm10

~ $ cp -r ~/android/source/cm9/.repo ~/android/source/cm10

~ $ cd ~/android/source/cm10

cm10 $ repo init -b jellybean

cm10 $ repo sync

Guest MadEye Moody

The manifest changes you talked about earlier are these?

from

<project name="Dazzozo/android_device_zte_blade2" path="device/zte/blade2" remote="github" revision="ics" />
to
  <project name="Dazzozo/android_device_zte_blade2" path="device/zte/blade2" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />[/code]

And in future, the other two?

Guest Dazzozo

The manifest changes you talked about earlier are these?

from

<project name="Dazzozo/android_device_zte_blade2" path="device/zte/blade2" remote="github" revision="ics" />
to
  <project name="Dazzozo/android_device_zte_blade2" path="device/zte/blade2" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />[/code]

And in future, the other two?

Other two? You should only have the device and the props.

Guest MadEye Moody

Other two? You should only have the device and the props.

So, I don't need the kernel?

<project name="CyanogenMod/zte-kernel-msm7x27" path="kernel/zte/zte-kernel-msm7x27" remote="github" revision="ics" />[/CODE]

Guest Dazzozo

So, I don't need the kernel?

<project name="CyanogenMod/zte-kernel-msm7x27" path="kernel/zte/zte-kernel-msm7x27" remote="github" revision="ics" />[/CODE]

That is pulled automatically via cm.dependencies. So no, it is not needed.

You just need the props (still on ics) and the device (on jellybean).

Guest MadEye Moody

oops... compile error

make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/cm/proprietary/RomManager.apk', needed by `out/target/product/blade2/system/app/RomManager.apk'.  Stop.

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Guest nbrasso

Home button doesn't seem to be working with the latest build on the Vivacity, it worked with the first build.

PS Just want to say thanks for all of the wonderful roms you have bought to our phones. :)

Edited by nbrasso

Guest MadEye Moody

Got another error while compiling

In file included from bionic/libc/private/bionic_atomic_inline.h:53:0,

from bionic/libstdc++/src/one_time_construction.cpp:15:

bionic/libc/private/bionic_atomic_arm.h:54:4: warning: #warning Rebuilding this source file in ARM mode is highly recommended for performance!! [-Wcpp]

bionic/libc/private/bionic_atomic_arm.h: In function 'int __cxa_guard_acquire(_guard_t*)':

bionic/libc/private/bionic_atomic_arm.h:156:38: error: unknown register name 'r3cc' in 'asm'

bionic/libc/private/bionic_atomic_arm.h:156:38: error: unknown register name 'r3cc' in 'asm'

bionic/libc/private/bionic_atomic_arm.h: In function 'void __cxa_guard_release(_guard_t*)':

make: *** [out/target/product/blade2/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libstdc++_intermediates/src/one_time_construction.o] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

I think I'll settle with downloading the builds for now and return to compiling after I understood at least something in the code .

Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest Dazzozo

We can't clean compile yet. There are a lot of dirty hacks. That one in particular...

Edit bionic/libc/private/bionic_atomic_arm.h

Before line 139 which is #ifdef __ARM_HAVE_LDREX_STREX, add #undef __ARM_HAVE_LDREX_STREX.

Guest MadEye Moody

May have been fixed in the new build? I think we accidentally broke the store in the first one.

Not really, i got it for two apps - Titanium backup pro key and Swiftkey 3 update. but install from apk seems to work.

Guest MadEye Moody

A2SD is working

the system partition gets full, so needed to delete a few system apps (like ROM Manager, google music, news and weather, etc). then install the a2sd scripts via CWM.

Guest menado

Hi guys, congratulations on another fine development. I have installed it and it is fantastic. The improved speed and functionality is quite noticeable, Thanks to Dazzozo and all concerned. It is lean and mean.

BUT - can you tell me how I can install my apps from my sd card since I no longer have the google play app(Google Play no longer recognises my device) and I have no file manager app available that can install the apps. I'm sure you have an easy solution which I would appreciate.

Guest MadEye Moody

Hi guys, congratulations on another fine development. I have installed it and it is fantastic. The improved speed and functionality is quite noticeable, Thanks to Dazzozo and all concerned. It is lean and mean.

BUT - can you tell me how I can install my apps from my sd card since I no longer have the google play app(Google Play no longer recognises my device) and I have no file manager app available that can install the apps. I'm sure you have an easy solution which I would appreciate.

I think you can connect the phone to you PC and use adb to install a file manager. then you can install the apk

I goes something like this

adb install /path/to/the/file/manager.apk[/CODE]

BTW, Play works for me. trim down the gapps to remove anything that can be obtained from play store.