b926 - unable to root

Guest theShire

Guest theShire

Can anyone else get root using Pauls method? I updated to b926 using the "dload\update.app" method from b886 (Vodafone IRL)

I cannot seem to get the device recognised under linux when I power on with vol-.

"install-superrecovery-linux.sh" just sits @ "< waiting for device >"

"adb-linux devices" & "fastboot-linux devices" give no results.

When I power on normally the device is recognised by adb

Update: I needed to run this script as root on my linux machine :)

Update 2: Still didn't work for me, it couldn't write the recovery....

sending 'recovery' (5074 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)

Edited by theShire

Guest chico2069

@theshire

It seems to me that you have a connection problem between ur phone and your computer.

Either u dont have the adb drivers properly setup or u don't have your phone in debug mode or something in these lines.

If the install-super...... blablabla is sitting on <waiting for devices> then it means it can't connect to your phone, which means its not properly mounted.

Check this link and see if it helps: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/what-is-adb-and-how-to-install-it-android/

Kind regards.

Guest theShire

@theshire

It seems to me that you have a connection problem between ur phone and your computer.

Either u dont have the adb drivers properly setup or u don't have your phone in debug mode or something in these lines.

If the install-super...... blablabla is sitting on <waiting for devices> then it means it can't connect to your phone, which means its not properly mounted.

Check this link and see if it helps: http://www.addictive...all-it-android/

Kind regards.

"fastboot-linux" wasn't working without root privileges but now my issue is that writing the recovery image fails as it looks like it has been disabled on the device side somehow

Guest chico2069

Sorry m8... can't help anymore then what i know by my little and recent experience.

Im not an expert in these matters :) Especially when i did it through windows and your doing it through linux :)

Good luck my friend.

The reason you canot root with pauls method is because you are on B926 ICS, you need to use the bootloaderunlock.exe to root and unlock bootloader.

Edited by Guest

Guest theShire

The reason you canot root with pauls method is because you are on B926 ICS, you need to use the bootloaderunlock.exe to root and unlock bootloader.

Thanks.

Will need a Windows machine so then. A linux method would be nice.

A linux method would be nice.

See above: http://www.modaco.co...00#entry1983784 works well.

The only thing you need before following the steps in the link is a working adb binary. I attached mine adb.tar.gz, hopefully this works on your machine since im on gentoo.

Then download the file: https://dl.dropbox.c...ot-g300-ics.zip

unzip it:

mkdir tmp

cd tmp

unzip PATH_TO/unzip must-have-files-for-root-g300-ics.zip

If you dont have your one adb executable, put that in the same folder:

tar xvfz adb.tar.gz

then continue, as in the above post:
./adb push mempodroid /data/local/tmp

./adb push su /data/local/tmp

./adb push Superuser.apk /data/local/tmp

./adb shell

("./" means to use the local adb, if you have one in your system, you can strip the "./") Depending on your system, you probably have to run the commands as a superuser, so if it doesnt work, try to prefix each command with a "sudo". The following commands should run "as is" and dont need "./" or "sudo" since they are issued on the fone:

cd /data/local/tmp

chmod 777 ./mempodroid

./mempodroid 0xd524 0xab8f sh

mount -o remount,rw -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 /system

cat /data/local/tmp/su > /system/xbin/su

chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su

chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su

cat /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk >/system/app/Superuser.apk

chown 0644 /system/app/Superuser.apk

exit

exit

et voila, youre rooted :)