[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

@KonstaT,

you don't have any problem with MMS?

No, no problems. I haven't sent or received a single MMS though. ;) MMS is not that popular around here...

Most likely your MMS settings are incorrect since it has been reported working. Have you checked the settings from your service provider? And have you tried any third party messaging apps?

Sorry meant sdcard tethering..

Wtf is sdcard tethering anyway? Sometimes things like that can help (preferably with source code) but that's just wasting people's time.

Guest jpeg729

How I put S2E working?

Download it from here (the v6-jb version of course.)

You will need a second partition on SD card formated as ext2, ext3 or ext4

You can do this on your PC or via ROM Manager or in Recovery

Clockworkmod recovery has an option to repartition the sdcard - careful though, it wipes it completely.

Flash the s2e zip you downloaded earlier.

Run the s2e app. Select what you want to move to the sdcard and reboot.

Guest GnobarEl

After a long setting changes, tweaks and hacks, not really sure how, but for now MMS are working quite well. I need to have 3G on.

Since I have a internet plan, I don't mind having 3G always on, but, does it drains to much battery? If that doesn't kill my battery, its ok as it is.

I need to do more tests, I will update latter.

Thanks to all.

After a long setting changes, tweaks and hacks, not really sure how, but for now MMS are working quite well. I need to have 3G on.

Since I have a internet plan, I don't mind having 3G always on, but, does it drains to much battery? If that doesn't kill my battery, its ok as it is.

I need to do more tests, I will update latter.

Thanks to all.

I also need to have 3G enabled to download the contents of MMS's, but not to receive the message itself.

Well, I did the last time I received one, because I don't receive many of them, so it's been a few weeks since I had to do this.

So I guess you can keep 3G (which is indeed a battery killer) off until you receive a notification, and then, to dl the MMS, enable it for just a few minutes?

Edit: just performed a quick test: I confirm that I receive the message with data off, and then I don't even need 3G to dl its contents, actually, 2G works fine.

Edited by Guest

Guest sej7278

you can have 3g on without data enabled, and it seems not to drain the battery any more than 2g. connecting to 3g towers doesn't seem to be the problem - its actually syncing data over the internet that kills the battery.

Guest Martin_cz

Hi, I would like to ask 2 questions.

1# Do you also have problem with Alarm clock - doesn't play any sound files (only vibrates)? I also tried to add mp3 file to sdcard/Alarms but no success. Ringtones and notifications working properly. Can someone please confirm if it's generic problem or just mine? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Using build "cm-10-20120901-KonstaKANG-blade.zip"

2# I wonder how to replace default trebuchet launcher with my desired choice in installation zip file. Would be enough if I:

- delete trebuchet.apk from app folder

- insert "apex.apk to app folder (or any other launcher)

- modify line in file META-INF\MANIFEST.MF from current:

- modify line in file META-INF\CERT.SF from current:

Name: system/app/Trebuchet.apk

SHA1-Digest: kov4aSYScjlSp+cxERA1UVBwcEo=

to

Name: system/app/apex.apk

SHA1-Digest: #hash#

- or maybe there's easier way...??

Guest misterc2k5

1# Do you also have problem with Alarm clock - doesn't play any sound files (only vibrates)? I also tried to add mp3 file to sdcard/Alarms but no success. Ringtones and notifications working properly. Can someone please confirm if it's generic problem or just mine? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Using build "cm-10-20120901-KonstaKANG-blade.zip"

I had this problem and was very nearly late for work last week! I have not found the cause for this, but if you go to Sound in Settings, then Volumes. Move the Alarm volume slider and it should start working again. I started doing this every night before going to bed as I am now paranoid it will do it again in the morning :) Hope this helps.

Guest jimwormold

I had this problem and was very nearly late for work last week! I have not found the cause for this, but if you go to Sound in Settings, then Volumes. Move the Alarm volume slider and it should start working again. I started doing this every night before going to bed as I am now paranoid it will do it again in the morning :) Hope this helps.

Same problem here. Alarm was fine yesterday though, but nothing this morning. Has worked flawlessly for a long time, so I'm pretty sure I didn't just sleep through it.

Guest KonstaT

Hi Konstat!

I'm here again with my old problem. This was solved in the 2012.08.21 version, but in the last two release totally bad, because both direction in VOIP calls no voice.

Have you any idea what may occurs this problem?

Thank you!

Nothing audio related has really changed on our device between those builds. That would only leave something in the cm10 upstream, but it will be difficult find out what broke it.

How I put S2E working?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/355903-devrom19-cyanogenmod-10-android-411/page__st__720#entry2010659

2# I wonder how to replace default trebuchet launcher with my desired choice in installation zip file.

1) I think this broke when alarm management was added to profiles. I had this at one point too. If you have profiles disabled, enable them, change between some profiles and disable them again. That did it for me at least.

2) Just add and remove the .apks with your favorite zip tool. There's no need to mess with the signatures. Clockworkmod doesn't care if your zip is signed or not.

Guest sej7278

1) I think this broke when alarm management was added to profiles. I had this at one point too. If you have profiles disabled, enable them, change between some profiles and disable them again. That did it for me at least.

i had one silent alarm when i first tried cm10, i had profiles disabled, all i did to fix it seemed to be to recreate the alarm, didn't re-enable profiles. i guess things aren't getting synced well from old style settings into profiles. bit of a stupid things profiles anyway, who shares a phone ffs?!

Guest Martin_cz

Hi and big thanks for help!

#1 Alarm clock sounds started to work when changed volume in settings. I also disabled profiles as I don't use them. Hope to wake up Tomorrow with some music :o))

#2 Couldn't believe how easy it is to change my system apks.

So far very satisfied with this ROM.

Is there no way to get nav soft keys without hot reboot,/reboot

Paranoid as well as burstlam s Rom has it....

something like long press menu button to enable disable soft keys world be great...

Even the power menu option like pa would do fine

?>?

Guest pravnrai1993

My phone gets restarted every time i play a video....Any solution to this.??

And instead of a smiley button, ENTER for new line would be great in messaging app as it is in ICS.

Anyway very nice rom....Could be used for daily purpose if above mentioned problems are resolved. Thanks a lot.... :D :D

Edited by pravnrai1993

Guest YomanEndLine

camera isnt working Perfectly,sometime it jams and reboot phone while opening camera. you can take images only at the moment. we are yet waiting for next updates :)

I know but it's pretty cool anyways...

(but I moved back to konstakang ics :/)

Edited by YomanEndLine

Guest fixedwheel

First of all:

THX for the great rom. I like the smoothness and that i have the newest android-version on my old and really cheap blade ;)

Edit: Question DELETED, because problem solved by itself!

Edited by fixedwheel