[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KenBW2

For people wondering about the new 09/08 build, the smoothness is now back to a near-ICS level :)

I notice a slight bit of flickering at the start, but it seems to disappear of its own accord after some time after boot for some reason.

KonstaT, out of interest, what's caused the significant speed boost over the 27/07 build? How much are the Qualcomm drivers that were released during the development of ColdfusionX ICS relevant?

Guest razzmataz1478

For people wondering about the new 09/08 build, the smoothness is now back to a near-ICS level :)

I notice a slight bit of flickering at the start, but it seems to disappear of its own accord after some time after boot for some reason.

KonstaT, out of interest, what's caused the significant speed boost over the 27/07 build? How much are the Qualcomm drivers that were released during the development of ColdfusionX ICS relevant?

We've had to use a hack to enable OpenGL HW Acceleration. Before yesterday's build this was not enabled. The only consequence is that it breaks streaming video (YouTube etc.)

Guest ddudas

Play store force closes for me after the 08.09 update. I wiped system and dalvik cache before every update, but now not all of my apps were recognized and compiled by dalvik machine, after a reboot they were compiled, too, but Play store started to FC, I wiped system and dalvik again, after that every app seems fine, except play store. Has anyone the same issue?

Guest ..Abel..

Another test build. This has burstlam's egl hack - smooth ui, no streaming video. Screen flickering also seems to be gone. :) I'm still keeping the yesterdays build in the first post as some might prefer that. Also couple of bug fixes from the gerrit. Bootanimation is now fixed so you can copy your custom bootanimation to /system/media/bootanimation.zip. Size of back icon in navigation bar also fixed.

cm-10-20120809-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...b0fpw5sb51f3yr1

md5:d520eb62d5b85c2ec9ec7a9449ae8089

-smooth ui - no streaming video

-bootanimation: allow using RGB565 instead of ARGB8888 (1)

-Back icon doesn't scale when changing navbar height (1)

awesome rom ! really fast and smooth!! :) :D

Note: the best way to stop flickering (if it does occur )is just lock and unlock the device again, runs perfect ! and after rebooting it does flicker but once locked and unlocked it doesnt :)

Edited by ..Abel..

Guest shezar

With the latest build and tilal6991 gapps you need 183Mb system but i would recommend about 215Mb in system for future use.

I'm on 160 (actually its 153 MB) with some extra trimming, with tilals gapps :) Wouldn't recommend it, though, I'm just lazy to re-tpt for bigger /system.

Guest MiniDemonic

What about S2E support?

Is that implemented in the latest build?

Get Mounts2SD instead, the visual Aroma installer for it is awesome and it works without any problems, just install, follow instructions on screen and bam it's working.

Guest KonstaT

It's the /qcom/display in CM10 going forward (=Qualcomm doing their thing in CAF). Previously it was quite broken for us and I even had to revert some commits. I don't think there is any significant speed boost over 0727 build, just the flickering is gone probably because of hwcomposer working better.

There is a compability hack for ICS Adreno200, it would probably be better if we had ARMv6 Adreno drivers for jelly bean (wouldn't get my hopes up on that though).

We've had to use a hack to enable OpenGL HW Acceleration. Before yesterday's build this was not enabled. The only consequence is that it breaks streaming video (YouTube etc.)

No, it just isn't enabled in 0808 build. It was in the previous and also in burstlam's builds before.

With the latest build and tilal6991 gapps you need 183Mb system but i would recommend about 215Mb in system for future use.

I'm on 160 (actually its 153 MB) with some extra trimming, with tilals gapps :) Wouldn't recommend it, though, I'm just lazy to re-tpt for bigger /system.

I really don't see the point in full gapps package. It just isn't made for our old ARMv6. And ~50mb from system is a high price to pay for half-working voice actions IMHO.

My system size with trimmed gapps is currently 127mb. I'll probably try to aim my builds + trimmed gapps to fit 160mb system partition in the future.

Hi!

This ROM looks awesome, just waiting for the camera to work as well as in the ICS ROM to make it my everyday use ROM.

Thanks for the good work.

Hi KonstaT,

I tried your ROM and it was very awesome. The only thing keeping me from making it an everyday ROM is the lack of USB tethering since I use my Blade as a modem.

Good work you are doing.

Guest Sulthekk

If not for everyday use, so what are the main reasons why not. :wub:

Probably because not everything working, and because the developer wrote it's not ready...

Guest KonstaT

I updated the trimmed gapps package. This should now include Jelly Bean Google experience as full as it can be on our device. Google Now and Voice Search work for the most parts. Microphone icon in search widget and Google Now still leads to wrong voice search though (I cleaned it up, so you'll only have one voice search icon in your app drawer). Also Google Ears widget works now.

gapps-jb-20120811-KonstaKANG.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?602jod64u787gf5

md5:119ae13dbb9790978ef5495603fc401d

Credits to those who did the work just to preserve the fame/fault ratio in universe. ;)

-Google Now for ICS Project (thanks to SilentStormer)

-Voice Search for Google Now (thanks to Johny_G)

Guest KonstaT

I'm going to write this only once. ;) Some installation instructions:

Updating from some other ROM:

1. boot to clockworkmod
  2. mounts & storage -> format system
  3. wipe data & factory reset
  4. install zip from sdcard -> cm-10-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG-blade.zip
  5. install zip from sdcard -> gapps-jb-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG.zip
  6. reboot now

Updating from previous version of this ROM:

1. boot to clockworkmod
  2. install zip from sdcard -> cm-10-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG-blade.zip
  3. reboot now

If you have installed some other gapps package:

1. boot to clockworkmod
  3. install zip from sdcard -> cm-10-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG-blade.zip
  4. install zip from sdcard -> gapps-jb-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG.zip
  5. reboot now

Guest KonstaT

Is Konstant ROM good for daily use.?

It depends if you can live with the non-working things listed in the first post. I've been using it as my daily driver for few weeks and it's certainly stable enough.

People who know what they're doing don't care about my recommendations. :P

Guest KonstaT

Can anybody tell me if this rom is capable of two way recording?

If you mean this and this, then yes. Haven't tested it with the skvalex app though.

No

Nice guess, you had 50% chance to get it right. :P

Guest sej7278

I'm going to write this only once. ;) Some installation instructions:

Updating from some other ROM:

1. boot to clockworkmod
  3. wipe data & factory reset
  4. install zip from sdcard -> cm-10-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG-blade.zip
  5. install zip from sdcard -> gapps-jb-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG.zip
  6. reboot now

ah but is it good for daily use? :D

one point, from memory, i'm pretty sure a factory reset formats the sdcard (or is it just sd-ext?) so probably not a good idea, unless you add a step to put the rom and gapps back on the card afterwards.

Guest Snap.IT

ah but is it good for daily use? :D

one point, from memory, i'm pretty sure a factory reset formats the sdcard (or is it just sd-ext?) so probably not a good idea, unless you add a step to put the rom and gapps back on the card afterwards.

Factory reset (via recovery) will not format the sdcards fat32 partition, i'm unsure if it wipes .android_secure (it probably does) but i know it formats sd-ext (as it should).

You're probably thinking about the factory reset option in stock ROMs. :)

Guest frake65

I've done my trimming by just commenting out stuff in makefiles or removing stuff from the source tree (wallpapers, dictionaries). I upload the zip that I get out from the build process. I've got the trimming patches for CM9 in my github but I haven't bothered to upload them for CM10.

Would you mind giving us a link to the area to look for those trimming patches (or to the post within the ics thread) or just incorperate them to the make files for this branch? I Did not manage to find them, yet. ;)