[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

New build. Video playback should be back to ICS standards. Youtube still causes a soft reboot after few seconds though. I tested other apps that stream from the web and they work ok so I have no idea what's up with youtube. Local videos via gallery should also work. No panorama or camcorder in this build. Panorama would work if I removed our EGL hacks. That would mean much slower UI in general. If you care about panorama, use my CM9 build instead (it works there now). ROM and gapps from the first post will fit 160mb system partition.

cm-10-20120829-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?4o1xbe273s3b1qf

md5:e73c08ac93aad869d223bd520ae4a651

-fixed streaming video, should work fine with most apps and with local videos in gallery (youtube still causes a soft reboot after few seconds)

-added a temporary hack to add support for ad-hoc networks until proper solution is merged into CM10 (thanks to kelvie&szym)

-i/o scheduler settings got merged so I enabled more i/o schedulers in kernel

-smaller font footprint

-option for circle battery (Settings -> System -> Status bar -> Battery status style -> Circle)

-Forward porting CM7/CM9 Advanced Phone Settings (1)

-Stopwatch & Countdown (1)

Guest KonstaT

any idea what the specific commits were so we can get them fixed?

Try removing just the hwcomposer lib first and see how far it boots.

I currently have two latest commits from dalvik reverted. Offending one is most likely this. I think Lalit has some plans to extend that to ARMv6.

I still have no idea what broke the hwcomposer. I had ~20 commits reverted yesterday. It broke before latest commits in hardware/qcom/display. This was my primary suspect but I was reverting stuff all over the place. :P Nothing seemed to cure it. I've removed hwcomposer from build now anyway.

Guest KonstaT

Is this now on same standard as the latest CM9/ICS build?

Can I switch and have the same performance?

No, not quite there yet. We have all kind of nasty hacks that also break stuff elsewhere. It will be on the same level as CM9 if/when Qualcomm releases ARMv6 Adreno drivers for Jelly Bean (wouldn't hold my breath waiting :P).

no circle clock option here only percentage icon or hidden

Select english as a language (or any other language that doesn't have that menu translated). After selecting the item you can change back to your previous language.

Guest HDuser

ad hoc support, THANK YOU THANK YOU sOOOOOO much, Can you please also upload this rom who's kernel doesnt have triple buffering because i think triple buffering is causing glitches in games.And thanks a ton for such wonderful and hard work, I wish best of luck for all developers and fixers who are working on this project.

2nd question is why triple buffering is needed and whats benefit of it?

Edited by HDuser

just installed the new update and it crashed when i was connecting to my wifi

also the flickering/lag continues, thats the major problem that im facing with this rom, anything else works good, thanks for your work KonstaT :)

Guest TehStalker

The funny thing is, a lot of the flicker/lag disappeared when I changed the wallpaper in Trebuchet. Forced GPU rendering, debanding, etc, checked.

Guest sej7278

The funny thing is, a lot of the flicker/lag disappeared when I changed the wallpaper in Trebuchet. Forced GPU rendering, debanding, etc, checked.

i doubt that's it, its just intermittent, sometimes putting the lockscreen on stops it for a while. forced gpu rendering makes it much better, not sure the rest do anything, but its certainly not curable with settings.

Guest TehStalker

i doubt that's it, its just intermittent, sometimes putting the lockscreen on stops it for a while. forced gpu rendering makes it much better, not sure the rest do anything, but its certainly not curable with settings.

You are right, it did make the launcher really smooth and snappy for a while though. After a reboot, it was back to normal.

Edited by TehStalker

Guest ty_hot

just installed it.

Project Butter is amazing, runs smooth as hell (and still partially working)

was just waiting for a release with camera woking to upgrade (:

Guest TehStalker

I may just be stupid, but laggy scrolling seem to correlate with a massive logcat spam of:

D/msm7x27.gralloc( 224): [1] state R, expected A

E/msm7x27.gralloc( 224): [2] state A, expected S

E/msm7x27.gralloc( 224): [1] state S, expected R

When changing wallpaper or locking the screen fixes the lag, the above errors stops repeating. It would be interesting to see what people who somehow have a really smooth install, such as ty_hot above, see in their logcat.

Guest sej7278

Try removing just the hwcomposer lib first and see how far it boots.

I currently have two latest commits from dalvik reverted. Offending one is most likely this. I think Lalit has some plans to extend that to ARMv6.

I still have no idea what broke the hwcomposer. I had ~20 commits reverted yesterday. It broke before latest commits in hardware/qcom/display. This was my primary suspect but I was reverting stuff all over the place. :P Nothing seemed to cure it. I've removed hwcomposer from build now anyway.

i finally got a build to work - reverted back to the dalvik exec patch (guess the BLX one was the problem) and just used the removed hwcomposer from your device tree.

i got my /system down to 154mb including gapps, as i finally decided to ditch rommanager, its so buggy with a 2mb cache and with cwm6 touch its just as easy to use recovery.

Guest shezar

I may just be stupid, but laggy scrolling seem to correlate with a massive logcat spam of:

D/msm7x27.gralloc( 224): [1] state R, expected A

E/msm7x27.gralloc( 224): [2] state A, expected S

E/msm7x27.gralloc( 224): [1] state S, expected R

When changing wallpaper or locking the screen fixes the lag, the above errors stops repeating. It would be interesting to see what people who somehow have a really smooth install, such as ty_hot above, see in their logcat.

Some time ago before the first build with the EGL hack got up I noticed the same pattern in my logcat. I checked now and these rows are gone. I tried it hard to bring them back but without any success (I think I should be happy for this). My UI is smooth so there may be a connection there.

Guest sej7278

Some time ago before the first build with the EGL hack got up I noticed the same pattern in my logcat. I checked now and these rows are gone. I tried it hard to bring them back but without any success (I think I should be happy for this). My UI is smooth so there may be a connection there.

i think we first saw that logspam in cm9, which is where our cm10 adreno drivers come from now with the egl hack.

if your ui is smooth are you not using the egl hack?

Guest shezar

i think we first saw that logspam in cm9, which is where our cm10 adreno drivers come from now with the egl hack.

if your ui is smooth are you not using the egl hack?

I'm using Konsta's build, so the difference is not in the software.