[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest sej7278

Is it not possible to activate the CRT effect when blocking the phone?

Is there a way to fix the radio?

crt animation hasn't been ported from cm9 yet.

fm radio might never happen, its the lowest priority on the cyanogenmod devs' list, been said before, it never worked in cm9 either.

Guest thecrazyguy

There is no MIUI battery style anymore.

I cant play Glow Hockey (1 or 2) because the screen tuns white. - never mind... I rebooted the phone and pluged the charger and then it worket... but while i was playing it turned all black now (im not joking xD), then I locked and unlocked it and it went normal again..

Edited by thecrazyguy

Guest Hayden3430

There is no MIUI battery style anymore.

I cant play Glow Hockey (1 or 2) because the screen tuns white. - never mind... I rebooted the phone and pluged the charger and then it worket... but while i was playing it turned all black now (im not joking xD), then I locked and unlocked it and it went normal again..

Do you have any settings checked related to Development or Performance prior to default?

For me, the new build 01.09 is at least as fast as the 29.08. build. No UI speed probs, all smooth (like 29.08.) THANKS

and for a person coming from cm9 its smooth as butter :P

Guest lineone

doesn't sound cold at all konstaT.

you are doing an amazing job.

just keep being nice! :D

No, I really shouldn't do anything. And including any OTA tool is not going to happen.

It might sound cold, but I'm not doing builds for you guys. I'm doing builds for myself and I'm just nice enough to share them here. ;)

It seems to be under review in gerrit.

I've hacked S2E to work with jelly bean. Here is the app with instructions:

http://www.modaco.co...20#entry2010659

I got kind of used to that too. I might add it later when advanced phone settings are merged first.

If you move app data (/data/data) or dalvik cache/executables (/data/dalvik-cache, .dex) to ext partition - you should experience decrease in performance. :P

So this wasn't included in the previous build? And auto-brightness worked? Just trying to narrow it down...

Auto-brightness doesn't work for me either. It used to work but something has broken it since.

Light sensor works fine (tested it with androsensor).

I made that mistake with my CM9 build. Not going to happen here. Yeah, it looks nice on your home screen but it looks plain awful with 90% of the apps (and it might also cause battery drain).

No, mine doesn't either. It should have been fixed though. :o

http://review.cyanog....com/#/c/21112/

Clear button is the 'three horizontal lines' button at the very up-right corner. You can also clear individual notifications by wiping them to left or right (and plenty of other stuff too).

KonstaT are you sure this s2e hacked is yours?

So this project butter/vsync/triple buffering, is it working on cm9? As in, is this rom as smooth as your cm9? Or does the project butter mean that when it works it will be even more smoother than cm9? Sorry if this has been asked too many times :rolleyes:

Guest android@sam

So this project butter/vsync/triple buffering, is it working on cm9? As in, is this rom as smooth as your cm9? Or does the project butter mean that when it works it will be even more smoother than cm9? Sorry if this has been asked too many times :rolleyes:

Are you out of your mind?Project butter is on jb roms.It can't be back-ported to ics.

Guest KonstaT

Does anybody know what the status is on USB-tethering? Is it a non fixable hardware issue for the Blade (like OMX drivers) or is it a CM10 issue? Seems like a lot of CM10 roms lack USB-tethering support.

USB is not registered as tethering interface. Probably something google changed for jb as many devices seem to have this same issue. Should get fixed at some point. Third party apps should works, but there really isn't any free apps available.

So is it just me, or does panorama look like this? Also, it doesn't really register the camera turning, so it is pretty much broken.

Yeah, that's what it looks like on the first try. And I already wrote about it, you know... Panoramas it takes are just fine for me most of the times.

just reporting audio streaming is not working on tuneradio says its the internal decoder error.

Did this work in earlier builds? I've messing with codecs lately trying different things with video.

Yeah, i've changed that setting already but if i need it i'll just use adb over network instead of USB-debug for adb access, just thought i should say something about it not working.

Ummm, i forgot to install the cm-9-KonstaKANG-GEN3 and the radio works anyway... never seen this "bug" before. :D

You actually have to tick the setting off and back on for the first time for adb to work.

Man, you must be just confused with running too many ROMs from your sdcard. ;)

KonstaT are you sure this s2e hacked is yours?

Not exactly sure what you mean? Care to be more specific? Are you accusing me of something or has someone else kanged mine?

Yes, I'm absolutely sure I hacked it myself. Hack itself isn't that elaborate, I'm sure many people have done the same/similar. You could even do that with changing just one single line (mine is much cleaner than that though). I've signed mine, so if the md5 sum matches - it's most definitely mine. It certainly isn't what you have posted on the skate forum, but someone else seems to have posted mine.

Guest TehStalker

Yeah, that's what it looks like on the first try. And I already wrote about it, you know... Panoramas it takes are just fine for me most of the times.

It looks like that every time for me though. I have taken at least ten panorama pictures, several normal, and done a few reboots in between. Both the preview and the saved picture is a mess of graphical corruption on my end.

snapback.pngrikfru, on 01 September 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

just reporting audio streaming is not working on tuneradio says its the internal decoder error.

KonstaT: Did this work in earlier builds? I've messing with codecs lately trying different things with video.

I only tested on that one sorry

Guest jpeg729

I saw the camera was working, so I tried it. Verrry nice! Congrats!

LBE doesn't work yet so I have been trying to compile it myself with the goal of applying the pdroid patches. Seems to have gone alright. I will report back on my success/failure.

Just a quick question for the mo. The size of the output. Decompressing the output zip gives something much bigger than KonstaT's build, even after trimming away the tts folder and most of the multimedia. Looking a bit closer reveals that the apps folder is nearly twice the size of his, and is full of surprises, the biggest being Trebuchet.apk. His weighs in at just 594K and mine weighs in at 12M. Wow.

Could the difference be in the build target?

@KonstaT do you use for lunch cm_blade-userdebug the builds you publish?

Could I get away with copying the apps from the official build into my zip?

Guest sej7278

Just a quick question for the mo. The size of the output. Decompressing the output zip gives something much bigger than KonstaT's build, even after trimming away the tts folder and most of the multimedia. Looking a bit closer reveals that the apps folder is nearly twice the size of his, and is full of surprises, the biggest being Trebuchet.apk. His weighs in at just 594K and mine weighs in at 12M. Wow.

opticharger compressing the resource.arsc files makes a huge difference to Trebuchet.apk - revert this: http://review.cyanog....com/#/c/21549/ thanks for the tip konstat.

the patches i made to get system down to about 136mb are attached, mostly the same sort of thing as konstat's github - remove some fonts, dictionaries, wallpaper, tts, rommanager.apk, videoeditor.apk, video samples, bootanimation.zip and use the old ringtones.

mini_cm10.zip

Edited by sej7278

Are you out of your mind?Project butter is on jb roms.It can't be back-ported to ics.

Maybe you understood me wrong, my english isn't the best, I was not asking if it could be back-ported or so. So is this rom is smooth as cm9? Tried to search the topic, but ppl where only comparing different build smoothness, not cm9 vs cm10.

Guest Snap.IT

You actually have to tick the setting off and back on for the first time for adb to work.

Man, you must be just confused with running too many ROMs from your sdcard. ;)

Thanks, it works just fine now. :)

And i swear to god, it worked yesterday. :D

Doesn't work today though but rather than to consider that i might have been wrong i'll scratch it up to "Blade works in mysterious ways" because that's just how i roll. :D

Guest Snap.IT

Maybe you understood me wrong, my english isn't the best, I was not asking if it could be back-ported or so. So is this rom is smooth as cm9? Tried to search the topic, but ppl where only comparing different build smoothness, not cm9 vs cm10.

From what i know about percieved "smoothness" it's entirely subjective, some will tell you that it's smooth as butter (i'm one of them) and others will say that it's less smooth. When it's more mature there will probably be no doubt about it but at this point it seems to be a bit of a hit and miss.

You're going to have to try it for yourself, either use my script and make a loop install of it or just backup your current rom, wipe and install it, if you don't like it you can just restore. It's not like you risk losing anything but maybe half an hour of your time.

Guest jpeg729

opticharger compressing the resource.arsc files makes a huge difference to Trebuchet.apk - revert this: http://review.cyanog....com/#/c/21549/ thanks for the tip konstat.

the patches i made to get system down to about 136mb are attached, mostly the same sort of thing as konstat's github - remove some fonts, dictionaries, wallpaper, tts, rommanager.apk, videoeditor.apk, video samples, bootanimation.zip and use the old ringtones.

mini_cm10.zip

I confess I am a bit of a newbie here, I am glad I got so far. Could anyone tell me the commands needed to revert that change? I know I could do a git checkout in that part of the android source tree and manually remove those 9 characters from that file, but that's cheating.

I thought that Konstat's github stuff was all pulled in after I created the .repo/local_manifest.xml file. Am I right? Then I had to apply the patches. No one in this thread has ever said how, nor in the cm9 compiling thread, like it was supposed to be obvious. Took me a short while so I'll say what I did.

The device/zte/blade/patches folder has a few subdirs. Lets take one as an example:

frameworks_av
Its contents should be copied to
your_android_src/frameworks/av[/code]

Then in that directory you should do 
[code]git am *.patch[/code]
@sej7278: your patches should be applied in the following dirs, is that right? build.patch in
[code]your_android_src/build[/code]
device.patch in
[code]your_android_src/device/zte/blade[/code]
fw_av.patch in
[code]your_android_src/frameworks/av[/code]
and the others similarly trebuchet.patch in
[code]your_android_src/packages/apps/Trebuchet[/code]
vendor.patch in
[CODE]your_android_src/vendor/cm[/code]