[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest eagames42

hy guys:)

how to add crt screen off animation ?

Or i can't?

an where are the location of wallpapers (default wallpapers, no live) becouse isen't jelly bean wallaper in the rom!

please help me!

thx

Edited by eagames42

Guest Hayden3430

hy guys:)

Or i can't?

an where are the location of wallpapers (default wallpapers, no live) becouse isen't jelly bean wallaper in the rom!

please help me!

thx

I believe the CRT screen off animation has been removed by cyanogenmod for the time being as it wasn't working properly, and the jelly bean stock wallpaper have been removed by Konstat due to the size of them, just use zedge or download them from google images. and live wallpapers have been removed because of size and they have been known to drain battery, you can still get hold of some from the market as konstat didn't remove the livewallpaperpicker.apk :)

Guest eagames42

I believe the CRT screen off animation has been removed by cyanogenmod for the time being as it wasn't working properly, and the jelly bean stock wallpaper have been removed by Konstat due to the size of them, just use zedge or download them from google images. and live wallpapers have been removed because of size and they have been known to drain battery, you can still get hold of some from the market as konstat didn't remove the livewallpaperpicker.apk :)

and i how change trebuchet ,--> other trebuchet ,

or how to remove wallpaper button on wallpapers menu

Edited by eagames42

Guest Shiv Prajapati

Good night,

First of all, a great thanks for KonstaT for this rom and for getting JB to a device such as this. I've discovered this rom a short time ago and must say it is a good one. But there are some bugs that cause some frustration. I'm not talking about the bugs that don't allow some thing to work, i'm talking about a bug that happened in my zte blade with this rom and that doesn't happen with the other JB rom for this device. The bug is about the bluetooth not turning on when it is activated through widget or in settings. It only happened with this rom, in any version. I've cleaned cache, wiped data, re-installed the rom and nothing could solve this problem. So i'm asking for help about how to solve this problem and allow to turn on the bluetooth.

this is a kernel issue. I think you have a chinese blade. Because this is the main problem with chinesw blades. If not then only KonstaT can help.

What is partition size requirements?

ROM and gapps from the first post will fit 160mb system partition.

Been away for a while and I must admit I'm pretty impressed by your work Konsta, thanks!

Edited by sm4tik

Doesn't he publish his modifications on his github ? https://github.com/burstlam

There's bunch of stuff, but not what you need to build for a device. ZTE Blade device tree is missing for one.

Not only that, he is violating the GNU/GPL license by not releasing the sources for the roms.

Actually Android source code is released under Apache 2.0 license. There is no legal obligation to release the source (otherwise this would apply to OEMs too ;)). It's not very polite, or follow the open source spirit, if you use code that other people are sharing openly and turn it into closed source. :(

Linux kernel is released under GPL and source code for that should be made available. Jelly Bean gralloc and hwcomposer need kernel changes to work on our device. I don't see that in burstlam's github so that's certainly not up to date.

Or i can't?

I'm not sure if screen off animation works on any qcom device yet. Also screen off/on animation settings are still to be ported to CM10.

Of course there is jelly bean wallpaper. Otherwise you wouldn't have it on your desktop by default. ;)

Been away for a while and I must admit I'm pretty impressed by your work Konsta, thanks!

Welcome back, it's been a while. :)

Is there any mod or hack to default to low quality or 240p in YouTube app in JB

Huh? Why would you need a hack/mod for this? Youtube defaults to LQ unless you choose otherwise.

Huh? Why would you need a hack/mod for this? Youtube defaults to LQ unless you choose otherwise.

yes but that's not 240p i guess

LQ has both - 240p and 360p

coz 240p plays fine with software decoding(mx player etc) too and 360p doesnt

and the new youtube 4.0.223 something plays 360p LQ by default

and i guess 480 is HQ

and 720/1080p HD

Guest GeorgiBotzev

Hello.

I have some issues with my blade.

I know that this rom is in very early stages of development, and that some of this problems may have been already reported.

1. I have set up quiet hours, and it is not functioning properly. It remains silent after the end time.

2. I cannot connect to open wifi network and i have difficulty in connecting to any type of wifi network. - When i add it to my list, it says that is out of reach and does not connect. I was able to connect to previously saved credentials for wifi.

3. Sometimes my data connection is connected but no data is transmited. The airplane mode does not corrects the issue - only full reboot.

4. The browser crashes when google draw by hand search is enabled.

5. The voice recognition trows up immediately error when started from the widget, not from the app.

6. GPS causes sometimes a reboot.

These are minor annoyances that i can live with, but it will be nice if they are fixed on some later time.

I thank you KonstaT for the rom. It has superior speed, and i like it very much.

Keep up the good work!

Guest Hayden3430

Hello.

I have some issues with my blade.

I know that this rom is in very early stages of development, and that some of this problems may have been already reported.

1. I have set up quiet hours, and it is not functioning properly. It remains silent after the end time.

2. I cannot connect to open wifi network and i have difficulty in connecting to any type of wifi network. - When i add it to my list, it says that is out of reach and does not connect. I was able to connect to previously saved credentials for wifi.

3. Sometimes my data connection is connected but no data is transmited. The airplane mode does not corrects the issue - only full reboot.

4. The browser crashes when google draw by hand search is enabled.

5. The voice recognition trows up immediately error when started from the widget, not from the app.

6. GPS causes sometimes a reboot.

These are minor annoyances that i can live with, but it will be nice if they are fixed on some later time.

I thank you KonstaT for the rom. It has superior speed, and i like it very much.

Keep up the good work!

Nice feedback, for 1. you might want to check you ringtone in sound settings and make sure it isn't set to silent mine sometimes does this, for 2. this happen to me aswell i usually fix it by turning off wifi and wait about 10 seconds and then turn it back on, you might want to try this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bladewififix&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5ibGFkZXdpZmlmaXgiXQ.. this fixed it for me in previous versions and back on ics. for 4. i would use dolphine browser if you want search gestures, also it faster that stock browser.

Guest GeorgiBotzev

Nice feedback, for 1. you might want to check you ringtone in sound settings and make sure it isn't set to silent mine sometimes does this, for 2. this happen to me aswell i usually fix it by turning off wifi and wait about 10 seconds and then turn it back on, you might want to try this: https://play.google....XdpZmlmaXgiXQ.. this fixed it for me in previous versions and back on ics. for 4. i would use dolphine browser if you want search gestures, also it faster that stock browser.

I will test the wifi fix, it looks very promising. Thank you.

About the quiet hours. There is ringtone that is selected, not the silent one. Also now with different hours that are now(in the afternoon)it will not go into silent mode.

I shall test the browser also. Thank you for your suggestions.

Guest steeperton

Trying to self-compile, and the patches for battery bar error out (as well as others, but this is the only one I care about!). However, it seems to be working fine in Konstat's 0909 version? Error message is:

Applying: add battery bar (1/2)

error: patch failed: packages/SystemUI/res/values/styles.xml:107

error: packages/SystemUI/res/values/styles.xml: patch does not apply

Patch failed at 0002 add battery bar (1/2)

And as a general issue, this build doesn't appear to have lockscreen music controls - is that because CM10 doesn't have them yet, or that the stock (better than Apollo) music player that's in this build is no longer compatible with it?

And as a general issue, this build doesn't appear to have lockscreen music controls - is that because CM10 doesn't have them yet, or that the stock (better than Apollo) music player that's in this build is no longer compatible with it?

Lockscreen music controls is only possible with Play Music app....

Guest TehStalker

this is a kernel issue. I think you have a chinese blade. Because this is the main problem with chinesw blades. If not then only KonstaT can help.

No, this is an issue with GEN3 phones as far as I can tell. On for instance Paranoid it works just fine with the same GEN3 patch. As far as I can tell it is only an issue with both 4.1 and 4.0 from KonstaT, sadly. Relevant logcat below.

W/GAV2 ( 6651): Thread[GAThread,5,main]: Exception sending hit: HttpHostConne

ctException

D/BluetoothAdapterStateMachine( 299): PowerOff process message: 1

D/BluetoothAdapterStateMachine( 299): Bluetooth state 10 -> 11

I/bluedroid( 299): Starting hciattach daemon

I/ActivityManager( 299): Start proc com.android.bluetooth for broadcast com.and

roid.bluetooth/.pbap.BluetoothPbapReceiver: pid=10470 uid=10043 gids={3003, 3002

, 3001, 1015, 1028}

E/Trace (10470): error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)

I/ActivityThread(10470): Pub com.android.bluetooth.opp: com.android.bluetooth.op

p.BluetoothOppProvider

E/qcom-bluetooth(10487): /system/etc/init.bt.sh: Bluetooth QSoC firmware downloa

d failed: exit code 1

Lockscreen music controls is only possible with Play Music app....

Lockscreen music controls works with Dood's Music Streamer for instance.

Hi guys!

I already try this rom, but i had a problem with camera. My panorama was not working on the realease of 1st september. the video was not working too. some apps crash.

when it will be solved KonstaT ? ;)

Hi guys!

I already try this rom, but i had a problem with camera. My panorama was not working on the realease of 1st september. the video was not working too. some apps crash.

when it will be solved KonstaT ? ;)

I'm really not interested in hearing whining about non-working things (and questions when they will be fixed)

No comment

Trying to self-compile, and the patches for battery bar error out (as well as others, but this is the only one I care about!). However, it seems to be working fine in Konstat's 0909 version? Error message is:

Yeah, I've been a bit neglecting the patches. They need a rebase (edit. should be up to date now). It's more of a patch-set anyway - if you just use one from between, it probably won't apply.

You can always use 'git apply patchname.patch' or 'patch < patchname.patch' to apply and resolve the conflicts yourself.

I experienced a very odd problem this morning. The clock suddenly decided to be 10 minutes slow. I didn't notice at first and almost missed my coach to work! I'm pretty sure it was correct yesterday afternoon. Maybe it happened at midnight but maybe not. I did hit snooze on my alarm and the snooze period is set to 10 minutes but that's probably unrelated. I had it configured for network time so it's possible that it was my network (Orange UK) but it seems unlikely. I manually overrode it for a couple of hours then switched it back and it seems okay now. I'm still running the 21.8 release because it works well enough and I want to avoid any further problems until things become a bit more stable. If this happens again though, I'll definitely try updating.

since the last update my alarm clock doesn't work (doesn't ring, only vibrates) - the folder "Alarms" on the SD-card is empty also - even though I strictly followed KonstaTs instructions "Updating from some other ROM". the .ogg-files in /system/media/audio/alarms do exist

does someone have a clue?

Guys to all of you who are having trouble with the 1.9. Build, try a reinstall of the ROM without wiping anything, I had trouble with the home button and the browser did not work at all...however this did not solve my problem with with the crashing Google process gap, I can't connect to the play store because I'm getting a server error every time.

I downloaded the app from android police, is it possible, that the app isn't compatible with the ROM ? Is there a way to just reinstall the one gap which keeps crashing trough the terminal emulator somehow? Any ideas? Thanks

Guest eagames42

can i change trebuchet ? on full trebuchet , with more screen loop and more settings, so the launcher menu settings remain?

this trebuchet 600kb ..and the full trebuchet 2.3 mb :)

can i change