[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Since the last few build my calculator is broken. The labels of buttons are invisible. Anyone can confirm the same issue?

Edited by ddudas

Guest Moonvalley11

Since the last few build my calculator is broken. The labels of buttons are invisible. Anyone can confirm the same issue?

Nope, calculator's working just fine :)

Guest Snap.IT

how can i use zram? what is the best configuration?

Enable it in the settings to use it.

The best configuration is "disabled" as long as you don't mind apps getting thrown out of memory every now and then. Your phone WILL lag when zRAM is used simply because it requires on the fly compression and decompression and the cpu is what will compress and decompress the memory.

Think of zRAM as a form of MUCH faster swap, like with swap zRAM stores data that is not currently used in a separate area, for swap it's on the sdcard and for zRAM it's on a compressed portion of the memory, next time that data is called it will either be read from sdcard (in the case of swap) or decompressed from the portion of the memory where it's stored (in the case of zRAM). Now in the case of zRAM this means that you'll have less free memory available from scratch since part of your memory is now used to store zRAM data (how much is used is something you can configure under settings) which means that it'll definetly get used if you have it enabled. This means that you will be compressing and uncompressing data every now and then and your phone will lag when that is done.

Best way is to try different settings and see for yourself if you get any improvements, everyone uses their phone differently so results will invariably vary (heh).

Edited by Snap.IT

Guest herzblutnord

I want to report, i have a lot of errors in "Juice Defender". I dont really understand the most things but maybe it will help here :o

and there is a part "ROM is not compatible with AOSP helper - get CyanogenMod"

MEyIv.png

Question for bluetooth users :

Are everybody successful with bluetooth connections ?

I have a strange behaviour with bluetooth in JB roms.

The first connection with a unpaired device works everytime. But after the disconnection, I must make multiple retries to obtain a successful connection.

Sometimes I am lucky after 2 or 3 attemps but at other times I must make more than 10 attemps to obtain the connection.

If I unpair the device and restart the program, then it's working.

I have no problem at all with ICS and GB Konstat roms.

Please find attached a logcat.

log.txt

Guest shmizan

Question for bluetooth users :

Are everybody successful with bluetooth connections ?

I have a strange behaviour with bluetooth in JB roms.

The first connection with a unpaired device works everytime. But after the disconnection, I must make multiple retries to obtain a successful connection.

Sometimes I am lucky after 2 or 3 attemps but at other times I must make more than 10 attemps to obtain the connection.

If I unpair the device and restart the program, then it's working.

I have no problem at all with ICS and GB Konstat roms.

Please find attached a logcat.

log.txt

you're not alone, I've had some trouble with BT too, had to unpair and pair again a few times already..

on a different note: I think the people having trouble with gapps disappearing might be installing gapps first and the rom second, that way they format the system partition while installing the rom (and after gappps) and that's why gapps won't appear.

thoughts anyone??

Has anyone tried swapping the internal partition to the external SD card as shown in this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1772234 ??? They have also created an app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.codlab.int2ext&rdid=eu.codlab.int2ext&rdot=1.

Major benefit is that the system then has the whole of the SD card as internal storage - no more struggling with removing apps due to lack of space.

Guest lector.pt

on a different note: I think the people having trouble with gapps disappearing might be installing gapps first and the rom second, that way they format the system partition while installing the rom (and after gappps) and that's why gapps won't appear.

thoughts anyone??

Well I had some problems with my apps (not gapps) with backups that I did after install s2e. But if my backups were made without s2e installed all my apps are still there. I don't know if this is relevant or not.

After install the first ROM we get addicted. Every time I see a new update I can't help myself, I have to install it.

I would like to thank to all developers to share their work.

Guest Schwinni

Has anyone tried swapping the internal partition to the external SD card as shown in this link http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1772234 ??? They have also created an app - https://play.google....int2ext&rdot=1.

Major benefit is that the system then has the whole of the SD card as internal storage - no more struggling with removing apps due to lack of space.

The Blade doesn't have an internal SD card...

Guest Snap.IT

Has anyone tried swapping the internal partition to the external SD card as shown in this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1772234 ??? They have also created an app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.codlab.int2ext&rdid=eu.codlab.int2ext&rdot=1.

That's pretty much what s2e does, it stores the data on a partition on your sdcard, you can make it as big as you want to.

The script in my sig for multibooting can be modified to just put data on a loopfile of any size on your sdcard and that wouldn't require any partitioning either. You could have a 2GB data partition that way.

As it is the script puts both system and data on the sdcard in loop files but that can easily be fixed.

The easiest way would probably be to just make the loop file, copy /data there and then change init.rc to mount /sdcard/[yourloopfile] on /data, that should be easy enough.

I can rewrite it to do that if anyone is interested, if so give me a hollar over in my multiboot thread.

Guest Snap.IT

The Blade doesn't have an internal SD card...

I'm not sure any phone has an "internal" SD card, i don't see what the point would be with having an "internal" sdcard that you cannot replace.

The blade has an sdcard slot just like all other phones and internal storage just like all other phones and on that sdcard (provided you inserted one) you can store your /data partition, either as a separate partition or in a loop file.

Guest Snap.IT

My huawei g300 has a 2gb internal sd card

No, what you call "internal sdcard" is actually a partition of the internal storage, it's not really an sdcard.

However, it doesn't matter since the discussion is if you can put your data partition on your sdcard and you can. The slowdown is a lot less than you'd expect, in fact on my old sandisk class 4 i really can't tell the difference.

Guest raizor6th

hi,

Need help here, RIL wont wont work after a successful TPT to 160mb layout from 220mb layout using Amphoras method. Here is what i did:

Downloaded GEN2v2a

Checked md5 checksum

Did the TPT and was successful

Flashed CM10-20121010 and the GAPPS

Reboot to system. Does a basic things Until i noticed that signal icon in status bar dosn't have vertical bars that indicates signal strength and also SIMTOOLKIT is not in the APP DRAWER but is in the app list. I did search for a network manually but it says "error while searching for a network ". also did turn the airplane mode ON and OFF but airplane mode just greyed out. Did i damaged the RIL of my blade from a TPT? Sorry to ask it here. This is the only thread that i can think of that would solve my problem. Thanks

Guest Nummer5

Where can one find the gapps changelog?

Thanks in advance.

Did you read...

Today's build.

cm-10-20121017-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

[...]

-removed Google Ears widget from gapps package

Thanks for this very nice ROM.

I'm really impressed.

I test it with a blade without a SIM card. So far no crashes or

any problems. Some apps must be ended once and their memory must be

erased once.

Unfortunately, the FM radio will never work?

Since the latest update the Bluetooth audio has improved.

Unfortunately, on my car radio (VW RNS-315 radio navigation system with

an integrated Bluetooth mobile telephone interface) the time a song

already played and the time remaining is displayed in a incorrect way.

After three or four songs the time already played and the time remaining is not updated

for the next song. When I switch to radio and go back everything is ok for the next two or three songs.

Have this ROM AVRCP 1.3 or AVRCP 1.4 support ?

Thomas

Thanks and sorry for my English. It´s not my native language.

Player goggle music

cm-10-20121017-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

gapps-jb-20121017-KonstaKANG.zip

G1-G2 v10a TPT

No, what you call "internal sdcard" is actually a partition of the internal storage, it's not really an sdcard.

However, it doesn't matter since the discussion is if you can put your data partition on your sdcard and you can. The slowdown is a lot less than you'd expect, in fact on my old sandisk class 4 i really can't tell the difference.

Correct. I dont think its a independent card as such. Alot of people thunk its pointless but i use it for music album.

Guest Schwinni

I'm not sure any phone has an "internal" SD card, i don't see what the point would be with having an "internal" sdcard that you cannot replace.

The blade has an sdcard slot just like all other phones and internal storage just like all other phones and on that sdcard (provided you inserted one) you can store your /data partition, either as a separate partition or in a loop file.

Some phones or tables really have an internal SD card, because it is much cheaper than internal flash memory. My tablet has the "normal" flash memory with all the partitions (/system, /data, ...) and it has a built in SD card with 16 GB (this is mounted as /sdcard). Additionally it has a slot where you can insert another SD card.

If I understand it correctly this script gives you the opportunity to switch both SD card in order to use the second SD card (e.g. a 64GB card) to use as /sdcard where all your data is stored.

But that won't work with our Blades because they have only internal flash + external (removable) SD card.

Like you said, S2E is what Torbay wants to use. :)

EDIT:

Even if the "internal SD card" isn't a real SD card, it is at least a partition in the flash memory which is formatted with FAT32 and mounted as /sdcard.

Edited by Schwinni

Guest AlphaVision

I have an HTC Diamond which has 4GB internal memory which is actually an SD card soldered to the motherboard. So it is not impossible to have an SD card in other devices

Guest gunapriyan

Konsta, while installation i had faced the following error:

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Installing update...

symlink: some symlinks failed

E:Error in /sdcard/Androroot/cm10-20121017-KonstaKANG-blade.zip (Status 7)

Installation aborted...

Can you help me?

Regards,

Guna

Status 7 error's most common reasons are:

- not enough space on system partition (rumours, never experienced by myself)

- your CWM recovery is an old one, which version do you use?