[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Rattonboy

Do you find it faster than the previous ICS roms?

PS: Há muitos tugas por aqui =P

yes when you bring the recent apps list it doesn't lag anymore it is much faster also the new animations in cm10 are really nice. even though KonstaT says that it isn't for daily use i have used it since the initial release everyday and it is getting better and better. This ROM is really good. Even though i am Portuguese i have lived in England for many years (since i was 6. now I am 17) my Portuguese isn't very good could you translate what you said.

Guest Rattonboy

PS: Há muitos tugas por aqui =P

sorry I think I just got it. Do you mean there are a lot Portuguese people on this thread?

Guest Rattonboy

Hi KonstaT, nice rom that have, is there anyway to put virtual buttons, my button go back is broken, tank you.

yes there is, the softkeys which can be turned on by going to settings->show navigation bar. After that choose either hot reboot or reboot phone completely.

Guest ElrOnDPT

sorry I think I just got it. Do you mean there are a lot Portuguese people on this thread?

Yes that what it means :P "Tuga" is like a short word for Portuguese =P

About the rom...i'll try to flash it tonight :)

Is the general launcher behaviour smoother than ICS? ( this is me anxious to try it but not being able to because i'm not home =P)

Guest Rattonboy

Yes that what it means tongue.png "Tuga" is like a short word for Portuguese =P

About the rom...i'll try to flash it tonight smile.png

Is the general launcher behaviour smoother than ICS? ( this is me anxious to try it but not being able to because i'm not home =P)

I think it is smoother the only time it has lagged for me is when your phone switches on and is loading the apps but that is normal. Though as the ROM is in alpha it has no settings for the launcher that comes with cm10. If you don't like the ROM yet then just re-flash back to cm9.

Guest Ron=)

I think it is smoother the only time it has lagged for me is when your phone switches on and is loading the apps but that is normal. Though as the ROM is in alpha it has no settings for the launcher that comes with cm10. If you don't like the ROM yet then just re-flash back to cm9.

I felt that ICS was far smoother.

Guest Rattonboy

I felt that ICS was far smoother.

well I don't think there is a huge difference but every blade is different. like i have it overclocked to 748mhz. Though this ROM for me has slightly better performance than ICS in my experience so i kept using it and i do so several times a day. Also there are no settings to change for the launcher unlike there is in ICS however this is due to the ROM being in pre alpha. so yeah that is my opinion on the launcher performance, i don't disagree with you but i'm just saying it depends on how your blade works i think.

Guest FezzFest

New build up. Not much new on our device side and no news on hardware acceleration. It also seems that burstlam has reverted some of the hacks he previously had (hard to tell without having all of the sources :P). There's been a lot of progression on CM10 upstream and I even added few features I had in my CM9 KANG.

What exactly are we missing for hardware acceleration? I believe tilal once said it was "some qualcomm specific stuff in the framework that hadn't been merged yet" but I'm not sure. What EGL libraries are we currently using? Qualcomm's release for ICS or the older one (used in one of the earlier CFX builds) with OpenGL acceleration?

Guest gunapriyan

Konsta, Is there any possible to change boot Animation...I am expecting a different boot animation....It should be unique and uncomparable...please try.....And you have mentioned 2 types GAPPS....which is best for ordinary user like me?

Guest purpse

Konsta, Is there any possible to change boot Animation...I am expecting a different boot animation....It should be unique and uncomparable...please try.....And you have mentioned 2 types GAPPS....which is best for ordinary user like me?

These guys are spending time and effort to make a working rom good enough for daily use and your worried how it looks for the first few seconds when switching on? What do you do all day, reboot your phone?

Guest gunapriyan

Not mean that...If you want eat your favorite food, you need that your plate should be neat and clean.....First few seconds will tell about Konsta Name for many persons mind....If he accepts he will try including his development...otherwise he will leave it....

These guys are spending time and effort to make a working rom good enough for daily use and your worried how it looks for the first few seconds when switching on? What do you do all day, reboot your phone?

Guest kaherdin

Not mean that...If you want eat your favorite food, you need that your plate should be neat and clean.....First few seconds will tell about Konsta Name for many persons mind....If he accepts he will try including his development...otherwise he will leave it....

Dude, you may need to re-think what you are doing here. This is a development forum and this specific thread is marked DEV... Read first post and then go reflect on your life somewhere :) mmmkay?

Guest unmukt

Hahaha..... good one...

@Konstant: Would just like to take this opportunity to thank you for what seems to be a sweet rom:) The number of updates, and the regularity of updates is insane!!! Thanks!

Guest bhush

Haha...Great answer

Guest sej7278

boot animation should be deleted, it will speed up boot and free up space in /system

and the new cyanogenmod sid one looks totally crap - possibly even worse than the stock jellybean one which looks like its from 1980.

Guest BadMan PimpY

Konsta, Is there any possible to change boot Animation...I am expecting a different boot animation....

tumblr_m7310s1ci01r1dqeco1_250.gif

"Not mean that...If you want eat your favorite food, you need that your plate should be neat and clean"

C'mon mate this is a Dev thread, stay out with those trivial requests

ZiQUVfBo3z.gif

Edited by BadMan PimpY

Guest gunapriyan

Thanks...

boot animation should be deleted, it will speed up boot and free up space in /system

and the new cyanogenmod sid one looks totally crap - possibly even worse than the stock jellybean one which looks like its from 1980.

Guest galorin

I am liking the latest update, got my power widgets in the notification bar back, and in general seems a lot better. With this version the full gapps package is installing, but Google Now! crashes on launch. Corporate network has me locked down, will attach a logcat when I get the chance.

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

You need my special gapps on the Skate forum - ARMv7 lib causing the crash - my gapps hack around it.

Link to skate forum?

Guest MiniDemonic

Tried to use the modified gapps from tilal to get Google Now to work, but it didn't work. Might be because I didn't reflash and format.

On another note, I was annoyed by my lack of space in /data so I decided to use sd-ext, and it seems to work without problems on this ROM.

I use Mounts2SD for this, it was an easy and quick installation and now I have over 1gb to install apps on.