[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest linomaniac

It's the same you have installed for CM9.

You HAVE installed it, otherwise it wouldn't work.

excellent, i have deleted it 20 minutes before... s***, i will google it

Guest u116040

Switched to this ROM as I was tired of blank pages and random reboots with my old ICS rom, and there's now some HW acceleration :)

Working fine (full wipe of course & reimported SMS/MMS), only having wifi issue too (almost ok if phone start with wifi off then is activated - got this before any modification), 2 random reboot, and on very first boot SU is not working.

Also no more need for GoSMSPro with this default SMS app (handling large thread and carriage return) and surprised to see some Google Now features & others (calc, chrono, ..) :)

Thanks for this ROM :)

Guest evilbrain

Bluetoothand wifi seem to both respond very slowly if I turn them on. In ICS bluetooth took no time to turn on and wifi wasnt as slow either. And as mentioned in the post above, if I turn my phone back on(or reboot) with wifi on, it takes even more time to startup

Guest jventura

Well, I compiled my own build from Konsta's source and I believe I haven't skipped anything, but it seems that the UI is less snappier than it use to be. It seems more heavy, I don't know how to explain. It has probably to do with no more EGL hack..

But nice work of Ganster to put this working! :)

Edited by jventura

Guest KonstaT

Version of 18-11: not bad... almost usable, but I have seen some issues:

- GPS is invisible for myTracks... a few other application (Endomondo, g:hu) works fine, but myTracks says: no GPS device at all!

- Still a bit slower (than in GB) changing the applications

- After a few hours it has been frozen when I open the Nova launchers menu. There was also a very slow period, when all worked, but with some 10 seconds of waits!

Great feedback, I can almost use this to improve this ROM. [/sarcasm]

-Google MyTracks works just fine, I use it every week. You need to enable 'Let Google apps access your location' under Google account settings. There's even massive orange notification in MyTracks if you haven't done so. You'd have to be blind to miss it!

-If that is the most important thing for you, then you should most definitely use gingerbread.

-This ROM doesn't come with Nova launcher so I have no idea why you're whining about it here.

I think xvid and divx are the same files just turn the letters around. Maybe people already new this but if you didn't i thought i post

No, not quite. DivX is proprietary codec developed by DivX Inc. Xvid is it's open source counterpart released under GPL.

Nice ROM but some bug in the camera

still camera bugs :(

You mean camera preview in jellybean camera app because there's nothing wrong with camera afaik? Is it so incredibly difficult to read page or two back before posting?

... I know camera preview is a bit flaky sometimes. Usually helps if restart the camera app or change camera mode so that it restarts the preview. Or you can always use third party camera apps.

Guest helbybs

You mean camera preview in jellybean camera app because there's nothing wrong with camera afaik? Is it so incredibly difficult to read page or two back before posting?

Final CM10 build.

cm-10-20121124-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...afun5pd162o4eye

md5:ca1a8f0fc414288ceea56afe34738230

-video playback improvents by Ganster (HTML5 streaming video, divx harware decoding, etc)

final built???? :( :( :(

Guest mihairu

Hi KonstaT,

I have problem with latest release of this ROM (problem exist at version 18.11. too).

I can't properly install gapps. I flash zip, but apps didn't appear at all.

I had problem with notification area too, didn't display anything and home button didn't work either.

Thx for your hard work!

Guest WiiSky70

Final CM10 build.

cm-10-20121124-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...afun5pd162o4eye

md5:ca1a8f0fc414288ceea56afe34738230

-video playback improvents by Ganster (HTML5 streaming video, divx harware decoding, etc)

So sad to be the final build of your CM10 :/ , you've could take advantage of your ROM to incorporate this :

- Android 4.2 (The latest baseband and build)

- Some hardware tweaks and built-in support for High-End like graphics

- TPT Support (GEN1/GEN2 and GEN3 Upgrade Support)

- Update support for those users running Android 4.0.4 (CM9)

Final CM10 build.

Thankyou :)

All good things come to an end ... been a great ride

Thanks for all the work you do,and thanks for actively being there supporting us noobs and our endless questions ...

Guest TehStalker

we want you to be here KonstaT. why it is final build?

Probably because there are no bugs left, and official Cyanogenmod 10 is basically finished, and wont get any new features.

Guest elrond_bs

Here's the result of my quick H/W decoding tests with the new build: (mainly for Ganster and anyone, who works on H/W decoding)

I tested .avi files with Xvid, should be the same for other containers and DivX.

Video: B-frames work (including 2 consecutive), but cause massive artifacts in the video (look at the screenshot), when played. No B-frames - no artifacts. This is a need-to-be-fixed as most videos use B-frames.

Audio: AC3 & plain PCM audio (strange?) doesn't work in H/W decoding. VBR-MP3 sometimes stops playing audio and continue with video only. Audio can be set in MX Player to play with Software decoder, without affecting H/W decoding of the video - not a big problem.

That's for now. If you need any help with testing, just let me know. :)

P.S. I'm really sorry to hear KonstaT will give up CM10. :( But the great work he and the other devs have done, will not be forgotten until there are still Blades running!

post-925925-0-70970800-1353769919_thumb.

Edited by elrond_bs

Thanks for all your work konstat, the blade community will never forget the work you did for them. If you want to we could start a donation for you to continue working on cm10, but I know that the holidays are ment to be spent with the family.

Thanks for all your work and have as much fun as you can on the holidays :)

Guest masterlud

hello KonstaT, very good job with Cyanogenmod 10, but the previous version and the current no difference. Now I also have a problem with cameraScreenshot_2012-11-24-18-19-05.png

Screenshot_2012-11-24-18-18-37.png

Edited by masterlud