ZTE SKATE bricked or what??

Guest kayzeroff

Guest kayzeroff

Hi all i get my ZTE Skate 1 week ago so i wannted to unlock him so i can uninstall apps i dont use like google+ email facebook ect.so i reeded something and i installed TPT helper i think thats what it calls then i started Stake v1a i think then i go to options and check for updates....phone restarted and came in CWM-based Recovery 4.0.1.4 and i cant exit...so i am stuck here every time i turn on my skate....

Is there anything i could do to fix this...btw i still can add files from pc to my sdcard....

HELP PLEEEEASE

one more thing its buyed from VIP provider in my county...so it wasnt OMC

Edited by kayzeroff

Guest kayzeroff

Well its over now...now i totaly fu..ed up.....now i get just green adroid on startup if anyon knows how to unbrick phone answer me i will be forever gratefull :(

Guest ukgnome

Just to add weight to that, C3C0's instructions are easy to follow and will work. It is highly unlikely that your phone is knackered.

As long as you follow them I can almost guarantee that your phone will boot into whichever rom you have downloaded.

Guest kayzeroff

How i am not in CWM anymore,i didnt w8 a second i wanted to fix it so desperately... :( and now when i turn ON my phone just green android icon appear nothing else and thats it....i extracted image file from the up post and still dont know how to make it work....cuz when i keep volume+ and power button nothing happens...my pc dont recognize phone now i enter files on sd-card manualy cuz i am using sd-card adapter.....

What could i do to fix it now...any advices??

Edited by kayzeroff

Guest kayzeroff

ye i did some 1st one with low mb i think it calls v1a or v1b or something like that

my bad this was from tpt i cant even recall now....when i instaled tpt and that v1b thing i leaved tpt and go to check what did that on my sd card so i find image file then i go setings about phone and update then i f...ed up...phone restarts and i was caged in CWM more...now i dont even have that CWM mode just little green stupid android logo...and cant to nothing with phone cant even turn it off properly :(

Edited by kayzeroff

Guest yannliep

After installing a tpt you need a rom in zip format that you can install into your phone, you need to put it on your sd card, boot into cwm by holding power + volume +/- depending your phone. After go to -> install zip from sdcard, and choose your rom.

Guest kayzeroff

OK i wont rush anymore....Now i am in CWM-based-Recovery v4.0.1.4

on SD-card i have just "root" folder with this items extracted in it http://ceco.sk.eu.or... ... 0.0B01.zip what should i do now i dont wanna to mess up this time so i will w8 proper answer....

options are:

-reboot system now

-apply sdcard:update.zip

-wipe data/factory reset

-instal zip from sdcard

-backup and restore

-mounts and storage

-advanced

what now...should i download some files and what i need to do?

Edited by kayzeroff

You got confused. I gave the link to TPT rom which cannot be flashed in CWM but using the vol+, menu, power-on buttons.

If you have working CWM now. Just download any ROM zip you prefer, put it on SD card (do not extract it). and use

"install zip from sd card" in CWM menu...

Every rom has its own installation instructions int their own threads. Why don't you just follow these?

My TPT did not work because you forgot that also menu button needs to be pressed. And it's writte in red.

And you missed it anyway....

You just need to pay attention to what you read and read carefully. No rush, take your time.

Edited by C3C0

Guest kayzeroff

I didnt sleeeeeped a second so i am in offline mode :S

Sry for stupid questions but i would rather ask then mess up my phone again..

Will my phone be rooted when i find and install zip or not....is there already rooted rom i could use so i dont need to root phone again??

Guest kayzeroff

http://www.modaco.co...ate-stock-roms/ this links for zte skate is inactive

When i search for custom roms can i get newer OS android like ICS or i should search for normal 2.3.5??

Would this works if i try to make own rom??http://skatie.ceco.sk.eu.org/

and can you help me with meaning of all this options if you know what are they used for....or if you know some good customroom for skate would be nice?

Edited by kayzeroff

Guest kayzeroff

If you say so...i will dl that and follow instructions...if something went wrong i will post it here...anyways 10x for your time

Guest kayzeroff

how to instal that files???should i extract them on sd card or i should just copy??and do i install them via recovery mode like system??install zip?

Logically when you see "install zip from SD card" you don't extract just put in on SD as is.

Only tpt zips (containing image/image.bin) need to be extracted but these are not flashable in cwm but using [volume+] + [menu] combination.