[ROM] [ICS] [B952] INFUSION [CM FEATURES] [B06]

Guest tillaz

3g is automatically turned off when you're connected over WiFi, isn't it? watch the signal indicator, try turning WiFi on and off...

yeah, but toggle2g has more handy features than just that,

for me its not a big deal as my carrier (t mobile) supports fast dormancy, so battery life is good without turning data off

fast dormancy is turned on by default in android, and if your carrier dose not support it it will use more battery.

you "can" turn it off via the build.prop, but it will make things worse if you turn this off and your carrier "dose" support fast dormancy

Automatic Mode Features: (toggle2G)

• Switch to 2G when wifi is connected.
  • Switch to 2G when data is turned off.
  • If screen is off for more that 10 minutes (configurable in the app) it will switch to 2G
  • If screen is off and battery is below 30% (configurable in the app) it will switch to 2G
  • Network usage monitoring to prevent switching to 2G if network is being used.
  • 3G can be re-enabled as soon as the screen is turned on or unlocked or it can be done manually
  • Option to Disable data before switching network. (Required on some phones/ROMs)
  • Option for manual switching back to 3G. This setting allows user to choose when to switch back to 3G by selecting a notification in the notification bar. Requires separate app located on market or use link below

I'm a bit confused with the baseband thing. I though B926 was supposed to be kept to have HSPA 11. I guess if I flash the update.app from B934 or B936 it will switch to HSDPA 9, but I'm not really sure. I never had a reboot since using ICS, just the camera problem in Infusion B04. Now I'm testing B940 and it's working very good, and no issues with the camera. Is there any proof that B926 is causing problems? Can anyone clarify this point?

Guest oldfella

3g is automatically turned off when you're connected over WiFi, isn't it? watch the signal indicator, try turning WiFi on and off...

I could have been clearer - when I load a browser or anything else that needs the Internet, tasker automatically turns on wifi or 3G depending on where I am, and when I finish it turns of data and defaults to 2G

yeah, you need to do the full update (update.app) as the lower level stuff are not included in .zips

Thanks,

is that the only stock b934 available here ?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/356510-rom-ics-stock-c00b934/page__hl__%20934%20%20stock\

one more thing, im on the latest infusion so flashing stock b934 update.app is considered as a downgrade ?(last update.app i did was b926 or b927, not sure)

also will i lock the bootloader and loose CWM ?

thanks in advance

I'm a bit confused with the baseband thing. I though B926 was supposed to be kept to have HSPA 11. I guess if I flash the update.app from B934 or B936 it will switch to HSDPA 9, but I'm not really sure. I never had a reboot since using ICS, just the camera problem in Infusion B04. Now I'm testing B940 and it's working very good, and no issues with the camera. Is there any proof that B926 is causing problems? Can anyone clarify this point?

well, for me there was no proof that B940 fixed the camera problem with things like goggles and bar code scanners...

i personally tested B940 and goggles would work once then after a reboot would not work anymore unless in landscape... and that was with the B926 base

other people said exactly the same also with the B926 base...

like i have said though, i would recommend the B936 base as this is also HSPA 11 and its not an Asian release like the above. (unless you are in that area)

NOTE: there is a lot more than just the baseband flashed in a full update (offical update.app) that is not included in a flashable .zip

Thanks,

is that the only stock b934 available here ?

http://www.modaco.co...hl__ 934 stock\

one more thing, im on the latest infusion so flashing stock b934 update.app is considered as a downgrade ?(last update.app i did was b926 or b927, not sure)

also will i lock the bootloader and loose CWM ?

thanks in advance

i have no idea as iv never done it before... you will have to unlock the bootloader again though and clockworkmod

No look on the 3rd or 2nd post it show you have how to change the default launch its really confusing for me how do I do it

all the instructions are there and easy to follow...

what part you are unsure about?

NOTE: you don't have to replace the system launcher, this is just if you don't want to end up with two launchers after installing one from the market

well, for me there was no proof that B940 fixed the camera problem with things like goggles and bar code scanners...

i personally tested B940 and goggles would work once then after a reboot would not work anymore unless in landscape... and that was with the B926 base

other people said exactly the same also with the B926 base...

like i have said though, i would recommend the B936 base as this is also HSPA 11 and its not an Asian release like the above. (unless you are in that area)

NOTE: there is a lot more than just the baseband flashed in a full update (offical update.app) that is not included in a flashable .zip

Just to double check, you are saying that if I flash the update.app of B936 (my baseband is B926) I will keep HSPA 11? Did you do it? I don't want to be involved in downgrade process... Thanks for your pacience.

Guest Potatoes

Hi Tillaz,

I'm trying to get a logcat for this rom, but going back through the previous posts, it appears that you disabled it in this rom?

I believe that stock has to be flashed for it to be enabled *#*#...#*#*, but was wondering if it would have to be enabled using an update.app file, or whether I can flash one of the CWM repack zips of stock and enable it here?

Also, having enabled through stock, will I be able to restore a nandroid, or will this overwrite the logcat settings?

EDIT: 1 last thing I forgot to ask, is this kernel or rom dependent? ie if I flash an overclock kernel, should I be able to enable logging?

It is possible to enable logging via a different kernel, not that I know of any kernels that do. I might build one later.

Guest dmalaquias

i read your logcat, like i said, it says it cant load most of the code for the camera because its missing

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.huawei.hwextcamera.HwExtCamera

this means its cant find the above .smali code (classes.dex)

all i can recommend is doing a popper full wipe, as the camera is working fine here

The camera is working fine now because I’very started to close it with home button instead of return button lol. What could be wrong withit?

Just to double check, you are saying that if I flash the update.app of B936 (my baseband is B926) I will keep HSPA 11? Did you do it? I don't want to be involved in downgrade process... Thanks for your pacience.

Also would like to update from 926

Don't seem to be able. Tried dload and middle package

Also would like to update from 926

Don't seem to be able. Tried dload and middle package

Did you manage to update the baseband from B926 to B936, or it's not possible?

I couldn't. It keeps getting update failed.

Maybe B926 is not supported as an upgradable version to B936. I hope we don't have to downgrade to B895 to be able to update to B936... Sometimes there is a document saying from which versions you can update, but I cannot find it for B936.

Maybe B926 is not supported as an upgradable version to B936. I hope we don't have to downgrade to B895 to be able to update to B936... Sometimes there is a document saying from which versions you can update, but I cannot find it for B936.

the withdrawn uk UK version said it supported 926 but always failed when I tried. 926 has not given me any issues so it's not urgent.

Just flash one of the numerous ICS repacks floating around on the forum via CWM.

Well, just did that with this http://www.modaco.co...-flashable-zip/ .

Unfortunately, crappy Titanium Backup had not stored my contacts, and I followed the instructions to do so.

Lessons learned:

- keep your contacts synched

- do not be afraid of reflashing (?)

- stay away from TB!

By the way, I had previously came from ROM 926 -> INFUSION, now it was 934 -> INFUSION, I am noticing some performance improvements, dos it make sense saying the repack of 934 did something more to the phone than the 926 and the INFUSION?

Edited by prosist