[ROM] [ICS] [B952] INFUSION [CM FEATURES] [B06]

Guest tillaz

Guest Higgy69

I could do some RAM testing.

I have put a few more apps on, used the camera to send MMS and put on your Patch4.ZIP (still don't know what I am looking for with this?) and after 27 hours since REBOOT I have 73MB free. SETTINGS is using by far the most at 33MB.

This is different from the other days when after 5 days I had 100+MB free? - could it be the apps or maybe animation transitions from Patch4.ZIP?

I am not running sense-multitasking as I like having similar set-ups on both phone and my ASUS TF101 tablet. It was a bit laggy on B05(?) I personally thought it was just graphical bloat. But then again I am coming from Symbian OS and we had little CPU power so everything was minimal!

Guest wso277

Tillaz, does the kernel affect ram management in any way?

I'm testing favaroooo rom, and ram seems to be better but I'm using stock kernel, and with infusion I usually changed the kernel.

Guest tillaz

ok, i will put together the 4 tests, bare in mind you need to run them for a full day each

the idea is to see which set-up is working best, just keep an eye on free ram and general performance

you will need to wipe dalvik cache after flashing each new zip (no data will be wiped)

just to be clear these tests include no risk :)

Guest tillaz

when trying to workout how the language was chines and change to english when in install menu?

there is no option to change langue unfortunately...

you need to manually do it within the "aroma-config" not very hard but might take you a while lol

Guest tillaz

as far as i can see, English and Chinese is there

(updater-script) line 45: ui_print(" 安装Apex桌面");

安装 桌面 so it would say "installing apex the desktop" if translated then added back to the script (line 45)

what you need to do is open the "aroma-config" file with notepad++

and find what all the little sqaure boxes say when pasted into google translate, then replace them with the english translation :(

Guest djalpha

I have tested Sense Multitasking a bit. Actually, I think it is a bit more smooth now, but ICS multitasking does not lag so often, especially when many apps have to get displayed

Guest Ludak021

I have tested Sense Multitasking a bit. Actually, I think it is a bit more smooth now, but ICS multitasking does not lag so often, especially when many apps have to get displayed

same here, bit better but still like 5-10fps. I have seen it on my friends HTC Sensation and it works as smooth as scrolling through desktops. This is no where near that, ICS mt works just fine.

edit: a note about battery usage: I have charged my phone, disconnected from charger, used AirDroid to transfer sense zip file onto the phone, rebooted into cwm, installed sense mt, rebooted, tried sense mt for like 1-2 minutes, rebooted into cwm installed "old" ICS mt, rebooted into b06, battery lvl 90% :S I think all these actions together didn't take more then 10 minutes :/ What profile do you guys for governor for CPU?

Edited by Ludak021

same here, bit better but still like 5-10fps. I have seen it on my friends HTC Sensation and it works as smooth as scrolling through desktops. This is no where near that, ICS mt works just fine.

edit: a note about battery usage: I have charged my phone, disconnected from charger, used AirDroid to transfer sense zip file onto the phone, rebooted into cwm, installed sense mt, rebooted, tried sense mt for like 1-2 minutes, rebooted into cwm installed "old" ICS mt, rebooted into b06, battery lvl 90% :S I think all these actions together didn't take more then 10 minutes :/ What profile do you guys for governor for CPU?

i changed to favaroooo b3 because, although infusion has a lot of nice changes i think it makes it slower and more problems are appearing in each new version.

So with favaroooo b3 and omegamoon kernel and cpu control i have:

governor: smartassV2

min freq - 245

max freq - 1228

i/o scheduler: cfq

battery life is quite good (3 days with gaming)

During this night, since 4AM until 13PM i droped about 10%, normal use in the morning (check mails and sms).

Test which settings are best for you.

cheers

Guest Ludak021

well, while it did drop from 100 to 90 in 10 minutes of use, it kinda stopped there. Probably just the way battery meter is calibrated, who knows. standby time is great anyway and since the phone is in standby (mine at least) for 98% of the day I think I will stick with Infusion rom. I can't be bothered to reinstall everything again >.> Thanks for the info anyway! :) I will keep an eye on that ROM too :)

PS. I don't have any games on my phone so that is of no concern to me. I play games on PC :P

Edited by Ludak021

Guest Ludak021

more common on what devices? My friends sensation holds 100% charge for hours...It might be common on these cheap/cheaper devices and I fully understand the reason behind that :P But nwm, it's not really that important, I did some reading and concluded that everything is ok. I thought maybe my phone battery is faulty or something since I only have this phone for a week or so and am fairly new to android phones (got used to my nokia e51 battery charge holding for a week :D )