[ROM] [ICS] [B952] INFUSION [CM FEATURES] [B06]

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

i wonder if it would be better to just use the youtube mobile site... get rid of the app from the system.

its similar to the app but would only be running when your actually viewing it...

bookmark it for easy access

post-913969-0-25368100-1349464592_thumb. post-913969-0-26471100-1349464639_thumb.

Guest wso277

i think im going to change the launcher as iv just noticed that nova launcher holds 29mb ram.... this is way to much for a launcher?

im going to see how other launchers compare with this

maybe i will include this

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1767559

nova can be installed form the market anyway....

I just switched to nova, and is consuming less than apex which i previously used.

All launcher memory usage is based on widgets, home screens etc. I have 3 widgets (poweramp, fancy widget & picture widget) & 5 home screens and Nova takes about 47mb.

I find this to be more or less the same with all launchers.

Edited by Cyda

Guest tillaz

All launcher memory usage is based on widgets, home screens etc. I have 3 widgets (poweramp, fancy widget & picture widget) & 5 home screens and Nova takes about 47mb.

I find this to be more or less the same with all launchers.

ah, so people that complain about low ram could be that they have there home screens packed with widgets...

compared to people that say ram is good.. possibly they use few or non widgets

anyway what are peoples thoughts on the youtube thing?

Guest tillaz

also, people saying battery is worse in the latest version... i have seen this before...

it was the last time i included toggle 2g in a rom....

i think this might have to be removed

it will be an add-on for people how want to use it, on the condition they dont complaint about battery lol

theres qute a bit to be done... not sure sunday is going to workout now....

@the people testing RAM options... how is it going? sorry i deleted all my messages

if any one need the app they can always install it from play store

i dont mind..

btw Anyone on Tmobile get a text saying reboot to get EE 3G NETWORK???

i tried but it failed...

Guest Pain_Deluxe

@tillaz: V1 looks good.

RAM is after 10hrs between 100 and 110.

tomorrow i look on V2.

hm after a look right now i have only 65 mb left. But no lags so anyway....

Edited by Pain_Deluxe

Guest wso277

how much did apex use? what is nova using ?

Nova is using 36 mb with four screens and 2 widgets plus unread count.

Apex was usually between 45-50 mb with the exact same thing minus the unread count.

ah, so people that complain about low ram could be that they have there home screens packed with widgets...

compared to people that say ram is good.. possibly they use few or non widgets

My setup was that above and i had memory problems. After a day or two i always had 0 mb free, and got lots of redraws leaving an app.

I'm now testing favaroo until you release the new version and have the exact same apps and no memory problems since tuesday. Always have around 50 mb free. (and i'm using power toggles which i didnt need with your rom).

Not sure if the kernel could mess up memory management, i used one with your rom and i stopped using it with favaroo.

Youtube being removed is not a problem for me.

Guest Higgy69

Not sure about the worse battery on B06 with 2g toogle? Same light useage as B05 and I am on 3 days and 26% left.

And I have hit 4-5 days ok.

3G uses a lot more battery than 2g so won't 2g toggle gain battery? I have email updating every 1 hour. Maybe if you set it to keep checking say every 15mins then yes, the gain is reduce.

Regarding Youtube - never used it. But it was using up 7-8MB! So removing is ok by me.

Nova - using 36MB, I just reduced to 3 homescreens (no mem difference), only shortcuts no widgets. No extras turned on.

Edited by Higgy69

Guest tillaz

Nova is using 36 mb with four screens and 2 widgets plus unread count.

Apex was usually between 45-50 mb with the exact same thing minus the unread count.

My setup was that above and i had memory problems. After a day or two i always had 0 mb free, and got lots of redraws leaving an app.

I'm now testing favaroo until you release the new version and have the exact same apps and no memory problems since tuesday. Always have around 50 mb free. (and i'm using power toggles which i didnt need with your rom).

Not sure if the kernel could mess up memory management, i used one with your rom and i stopped using it with favaroo.

Youtube being removed is not a problem for me.

this is why i ask people only report bugs with a clean install, no add-ons / kernels etc...

i personally have never been below 60mb free, i use stock kernel

the kernel from stock B940 can be used, if anyone wants to give it a try and see if there are any differance

Nova has 1 page and one setting widget but still uses 60mb.

Edit: it just used 77mb

If it bugs you that much just change launcher. I've never seen it that high myself.

Just an after though; I must admit I have not tried the last few versions because after installing the b934 based beta 1 this run so well I've never bothered updating. But, I have used that version of Infusion with both Omegamoon and Gemo Kernels, with Geno kernel being the most used, and I have never had any memory issues or lag or any of these reported oddities. Maybe this these problems come from the newer updates?

That said, I always use V6 supercharger with all my ROMs. Maybe this cures the memory and lag issues? It does claim to do exactly that.

@ Tillaz; I know you have used other tweaks but have you considered adding the latest V6 supercharger to one of your ROM as a test?

post-923750-0-12630900-1349474115_thumb.

Edited by Cyda

Guest tillaz

Just an after though; I must admit I have not tried the last few versions because after installing the b934 based beta 1 this run so well I've never bothered updating. But, I have used that version of Infusion with both Omegamoon and Gemo Kernels, with Geno kernel being the most used, and I have never had any memory issues or lag or any of these reported oddities. Maybe this these problems come from the newer updates?

That said, I always use V6 supercharger with all my ROMs. Maybe this cures the memory and lag issues? It does claim to do exactly that.

@ Tillaz; I know you have used other tweaks but have you considered adding the latest V6 supercharger to one of your ROM as a test?

yeah, i normally include similar init.d scrips in all my roms but with the g300 nearly all my tweaks make things worse :huh:

Pain_Deluxe and my self are currently is testing two memory management scripts very similar to the v6 super charge,

The new V6 requires a modded services.jar not just a script, have you tried including this as well? And I know there are many script like V6 but maybe just do a test version using the proper official V6 supercharger from here, seriously it does make a difference from the testing I have done.

Edited by Cyda

Guest dan nedan

to be honest i would rather try and avoid any launcher that has a paid version, as it seems to cause problems when the free version is in the system

smart is very very short and....smart. and totally free.

regarding the tests i ve sent you some results on pm.

do you want to put them here?

Guest tillaz

The new V6 requires a modded services.jar not just a script, have you tried including this as well? And I know there are many script like V6 but maybe just do a test version using the proper official V6 supercharger from here, seriously it does make a difference from the testing I have done.

yeah, i know, what i'm using works the exact same way v6 changes the memory handling...

apart from we are setting the values via an init.d script, which runs at boot (iv checked and the scripts are working)

#!/system/bin/sh
if [ -e /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree ]; then
echo "40000,55000,60000,65000,75000,80000" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree
fi
if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/swappiness ]; then
echo "50" > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
fi
if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure ]; then
echo "10" > /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure
fi
if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs ]; then
echo "500" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs
fi
if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs ]; then
echo "1000" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs
fi
if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio ]; then
echo "90" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio
fi
if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_ratio ]; then
echo "5" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_ratio
fi
[/CODE]

you can check to see that init.d scripts are been by first looking at

/sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb it should show 128

flash this zip, then check again and it should show 2048

this increases the sd speed, and will be set at every boot

Guest dan nedan

also, people saying battery is worse in the latest version... i have seen this before...

it was the last time i included toggle 2g in a rom....

i think this might have to be removed

it will be an add-on for people how want to use it, on the condition they dont complaint about battery lol

theres qute a bit to be done... not sure sunday is going to workout now....

@the people testing RAM options... how is it going? sorry i deleted all my messages

first results:

Antutu 1

ram 372

cpu int 747

cpu float 460

2d graph 297

3d graph 964

datab 275

sr write 92

sd read 73

cpu frecv 1190

about batery drop.

on b05 - my batery was droping about 10-13% per day.

on b06 - my batery was droping about 18-20% per day.

on the same conditions of using

Antutu test 2

ram 373

cpu int 750

cpu float 479

2d graph 298

3d graph 1008

Datab 320

sd write 33

sd read 107

cpu frecv 1190

much better now.

in test no 1 some apps have blocked, for the first time.

ex weather services.

ram 114

after boost 171,82