[ROM] [ICS] [B952] INFUSION [CM FEATURES] [B06]

Guest tillaz

Guest TestSpecimen.

Just tried the beta (completely clean install). First bug I've found is that when I put in the password for wifi and then click connect it gives--->"Unfortunately, Settings has stopped" and crashes...so can't connect wifi

Guest landwomble

post a logcat please

Just tried this - booting it up, it fails (with wrong SIM in) at "unfortunately, system UI has stopped" and I can't OK it.

ADB LOGCAT gives "unable to open log device '/dev/log/main': no such file or directory"

Bottom of lock screen states "No services - SIM/RUIM is Perso locked".

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated!

EDIT: when I boot with a voda sim (phone locked to voda) it works fine. When I boot with a Tesco or Orange SIM, "system UI has stopped" and can't continue.

Suspect if I could get it to a stage where I could enter the PIN for unlocking the phone prior to the error all would be good...

On a voda-locked phone, can you unlock the phone using menu or GSM codes with a voda SIM inserted?

Would prefer not to have to revert to stock, unlock, then reapply all mods...!

Edited by landwomble

Guest Adyx00

Just tried the beta (completely clean install). First bug I've found is that when I put in the password for wifi and then click connect it gives--->"Unfortunately, Settings has stopped" and crashes...so can't connect wifi

I'm having the exact same problem also with a completely clean install.

By the way, thanks tillaz for your work on this!

Guest Rico_89

i might have a beta rom for people to test later on to night...

its this rom re-based on B927, after some digging i found that the framework of B927 is quite a bit different from B926

This might be why I can't choose a custom ringtone.

Guest esguk

Hope someone can help :)

When I try to install from SD card it always says failed (bad) I read earlier in the thread that this was caused by a bad download(?) so I've downloaded it 3 or 4 more times always the same result

This is driving me mad

Just to check I downloaded pauls rom from the main pages and this downloads/installs fine

Has someone got an alternative download ?

Esguk

Edited by esguk

Guest tillaz

Hope someone can help smile.png

When I try to install from SD card it always says failed (bad) I read earlier in the thread that this was caused by a bad download(?) so I've downloaded it 3 or 4 more times always the same result

This is driving me mad

Just to check I downloaded pauls rom from the main pages and this downloads/installs fine

Has someone got an alternative download ?

Esguk

try renaming it, then add to the sdcard

this is a problem with the data on the sdcard not been overwritten properly

can happen to me quite often

Guest anything-but

Another bug,with the wifi patch applied you can`t get into system settings with the menu button.

....Actually,both manage apps and system settings don`t work off the menu button where wallpapers/nova settings do.

Edited by anything-but

Guest landwomble
Nope renaming it didnt work

Is there a 'best' way to format the sd card ie fat 32,fat16 etc ??

Cos I will re-format the card and try again

Fat32. You can format from cwm as well as windows. If you think it might be iffy, probably best to do a full format from windows.

Guest landwomble

Just tried this - booting it up, it fails (with wrong SIM in) at "unfortunately, system UI has stopped" and I can't OK it.

ADB LOGCAT gives "unable to open log device '/dev/log/main': no such file or directory"

Bottom of lock screen states "No services - SIM/RUIM is Perso locked".

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated!

EDIT: when I boot with a voda sim (phone locked to voda) it works fine. When I boot with a Tesco or Orange SIM, "system UI has stopped" and can't continue.

Suspect if I could get it to a stage where I could enter the PIN for unlocking the phone prior to the error all would be good...

On a voda-locked phone, can you unlock the phone using menu or GSM codes with a voda SIM inserted?

Would prefer not to have to revert to stock, unlock, then reapply all mods...!

Hope this isn't mithering but does anyone have a suggestion to fix this?

Guest tillaz

Another bug,with the wifi patch applied you can`t get into system settings with the menu button.

....Actually,both manage apps and system settings don`t work off the menu button where wallpapers/nova settings do.

you cant flash the patch straight after installing the rom...

you need to let the phone boot up first then go back and flash the patch.

Guest anything-but

Patch applied correctly now and all up `n` running,i`ll use this today and see how it compares to the 926 base. :)

Re-installed all my apps,switching between home and play store as they were downloading/installing,much much better than 926 infusion. No slowdowns or pauses/hangs,so all good so far,nice work tillaz.

Edited by anything-but

Guest landwomble

i would need a logcat to see what is causing the problem

Thanks Tillaz. Unfortunately log cat errors out with no such file or directory. Not sure why this is, do you have any suggestions? I know on other roms with custom kernels sometimes it's deliberately disabled for speed but that's not the case here I'm guessing.

Guess will try a re flash of stock then reapply your rom again when my unlock code arrives.

Guest landwomble

Also is b927 beta likely to go stable soon? If I'm re flashing would be good to know if should wait a bit, or if I can flash a later version over top without a full wipe!

Guest tillaz

Thanks Tillaz. Unfortunately log cat errors out with no such file or directory. Not sure why this is, do you have any suggestions? I know on other roms with custom kernels sometimes it's deliberately disabled for speed but that's not the case here I'm guessing.

Guess will try a re flash of stock then reapply your rom again when my unlock code arrives.

yeah its the same case here, its disabled by default

do this then reboot

http://blog.erayince.com.tr/blog/?p=79