Compiling cyanogenmod9 from source for ZTE skate

Guest piwai

Guest piwai

Hi,

I'm rather a newb to the smartphone world (got my first one, a ZTE skate, for last Xmas, and ran the stock ROM for 6 months). A few weeks ago, I decided to take the step, so after carefully reading tutorials, I flashed clockworkmod, then CM9, and it runs like a charm except I can't read videos taken with the camera, but apprently it's a known problem.

So, since I have some programming knowledge, I'd like to try the next step, compile CM9 from source so I can tweak it myself.

I have a problem, and there's different things I don't understand yet:

From what I can see, the repository from the zte skate isn't listed into the manifest.xml file. I was wondering, who decides when a device is ready to get integrated into the main codebase?

I read many tutorials, but after getting "repo", cloning from github, all tutorials come down to "brunch skate", and that's where I'm stuck. I get this:

$ brunch skate

build/core/product_config.mk:189: *** _nic.PRODUCTS.[[device/*/skate/cm.mk]]: "device/zte/common/device_zte.mk" does not exist. ArrĂȘt.

Device skate not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from CyanogenMod Github (http://github.com/CyanogenMod).

Found repository: android_device_zte_skate

CyanogenMod/android_device_zte_skate already exists

Syncing repository to retrieve project.

Fetching projects: 100% (1/1), done.

Repository synced!

Looking for dependencies

Dependencies file not found, bailing out.

Done

build/core/product_config.mk:189: *** _nic.PRODUCTS.[[device/*/skate/cm.mk]]: "device/zte/common/device_zte.mk" does not exist. Stop.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'cm_skate'

** Do you have the right repo manifest?

No such item in brunch menu. Try 'breakfast'

After some search on github, there are some "android_device_zte_common" repos, which I guess include the missing file, but none of them belongs to the "CyanogenMod" project, so I don't know which one to use?

Some (hopefully simple) explanations would be very appreciated :)