GPS not accurate at all

Guest whashnez

Guest whashnez

Hello!

OK so I installed several ROMs. Many of 'em. GPS is getting on my nerves though. I have NDrive. It is not stable at all. It rotates, it reports my position as off road, it gets stuck. Compass is not accurate at all either and Sky maps does not make any sense if I move the device.

ALSO

When I tap and hold on screen to scroll while eg in contacts, if I keep my finger on the screen it is not stable it goes up and down a little bit.

I am now on H3 blues, though previously I was on CM 7.2, and before that CFX CM9.

I mean, come on!

Guest aamiel

On many apps, compass is wrong on CM based ROMs so that is not a surprise. On other ROMS you need to calibrated the compass from time to time by rotating the phone on itself a few times.

Also phone GPSs are not that good if you are just beside the road don't be surprised within 5m of your location is not bad really.

Guest whashnez

On many apps, compass is wrong on CM based ROMs so that is not a surprise. On other ROMS you need to calibrated the compass from time to time by rotating the phone on itself a few times.

Also phone GPSs are not that good if you are just beside the road don't be surprised within 5m of your location is not bad really.

Well it's not just 5m, it is wrong as hell. How exactly can I recalibrate my compass (magnetometer)? Just by moving it around? How? Thanks in advance!

Guest aamiel

To calibrate the magnetometer, you need to be running an app that uses it and while the app is running, drive your phone around the table.

Guest omegavesko
When I tap and hold on screen to scroll while eg in contacts, if I keep my finger on the screen it is not stable it goes up and down a little bit.

I've definitely also noticed it. I just think the digitizer isn't very precise, that's all.

Guest swukjay

I to have this problem ! google sky maps are way out and GPS is way out ! Its pretty weird that this can be so poor when the blades works so well,