YouTube Full-Screen on ColdFusionX

Guest JetKun

Guest JetKun

Is there any software that can play full-screen YouTube videos on ICS CFX/CM9 Skate 4.0.4? And if so, can someone guide me through the process of using it?

and on a side note- is there any software that can play fullscreen video to a standard the same as on cm7?

Yours,

a lost guy

p.s thanks D:

edit: I heard 'tubemate' works but only from certain settings and I can't find it on play store?

Edited by JetKun

Guest JetKun

Tubemate was retired from market

Searh it in google, you can download the apk in it's official page

Does it have fullscreen playback, no lag (without flash, obviously)?

Guest Redstarr1

No he just meant there's no HQ for any videos. Full screen is working with the old app though. You were probably looking for a workaround for the HQ-problem.

Guest sui785

There's another YouTube APK going around(am going to upload it when I find it) which only supports HQ and HD and the HQ doesn't lag on it(I tried it on MIUI v4 ICS). HD does lag.

Edited by sui785

Guest gavin.19

So HQ works on ICS, no lag?

No. It will never work with no lag. I installed CFX and tried the builds from here - http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1529715

HD doesn't work. No surprise there since a) the Skate isn't a HD device and B) the software rendering could never keep up.

Non-HD mode seem to use what would normally be HQ mode (480p I believe, maybe 360p), but this lags just as much as HQ mode. The app itself is much nicer, but since there is no LQ mode to fall back on you're stuck with always-laggy playback.

EDIT: I think this improves the quality of HD videos on GB/2.3.x ROMS so it would be worth trying for those users.

Edited by gavin.19