Custom roms comparison

Guest GuZzO80

Guest GuZzO80

Hi all,

i would like to change the stock rom for a custom one but as i didn't know the differences between all of them, i made a spreadsheet to synthetise.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AotiHPvATnFjdGRXekVGZjlQOVFJdXhVQXBfZHQ0eHc

I wanted to share it with you for two reasons :

1. it may help people in the same situation
  2. it may content wrong informations

As this spreadsheet may have incorrect information within, so leave a message to correct it if you find something wrong or missing.

I'm still updating the spreadsheet right now.

GuZzO

Guest Mtman1

Woooow! That looks amazing! Nice job! Just one suggestion for later on, could you add the antutu benchmarks as well?

Also, all the stock based roms have an FM radio. And maybe add ginger_DMD

Edited by Mtman1

Guest GuZzO80

I'll try to update with antutu benchmarks if someone provides me results ! Otherwise i'll pick up results from differents topics.

Updated for the FM Radio.

Do you have a link to ginger_DMD please ?

Guest Lens_flare

CM9=CM7 (functionality, and almost hardware), otherwise nothing to compare. No customs-nothing to compare.

What's more, description of cm-based roms incomplete,dishonest, and was on trial with techno kernel.

continue follow those and community will end up shortly.

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest GuZzO80

Hi,

continue follow those and community will end up shortly.

i may have misunderstood what you said... but are you angry ?

CM9=CM7 (functionality, and almost hardware), otherwise nothing to compare.

Could you explain ? because CM7 is based on Gingerbread and CM9 is based on Ice Cream sandwich, no?

Which is a major change, non?

No customs-nothing to compare.

What's more, description of cm-based roms incomplete,dishonest, and was on trial with techno kernel.

I tried to summarize what i've read on several topics (what works, things people complaining about,...) and i asked for help to fulfill and correct the spreadsheet.

I already said that it's incomplete or incorrect, so ok. But "dishonest"... why? And what are you talking about techno kernel ?

GuZzO

Edited by GuZzO80

Guest Lens_flare
i may have misunderstood what you said... but are you angry ?

yeap, evil enough..

CM is a loco for each community. That post encourages to not even try CM based development work(I'm not speaking about helping to keep that development alive).. on what community are we talking about then?

because CM7 is based on Gingerbread and CM9 is based on Ice Cream sandwich, no?

Which is a major change, non?

ah yeap, os version -__ anyway from version to version CM tries to save features.

that phrase was intended to point to incorrect comparassion in sense of word "custom".

Sense of word "custom" comes only after trial and analysis.

I tried to summarize what i've read on several topics

and almost failed, sorry.

what are you talking about techno kernel ?

mostly incompatible with CM, and won't be done in that way as techno seems also retired.

i asked for help to fulfill and correct the spreadsheet.

corrections? - Leave CM-s alone. Or make a separate comparassion.

"dishonest"... why?

try those roms first before even post something. In this I see that stock acer beats all [it's definitely right as acer made that hardcode swarm almost impossible to port on CM base].

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest SuperCiccio

It's not time to pecking as roosters!

Anyone who can make something really useful should do it, nothing else.

Sorry for the reprimand, but we have no energies to waste...

Anyway, thanks to anybody anyone who is committed.

Guest GuZzO80

First of all, sorry i didn't want to upset anyone, especially you as you seem to be a great contributor...

But :

try those roms first before even post something.

Before trying anything, i read about it. I don't want to brick my phone trying an alpha/beta release for dev only... as the CM9...

In this I see that stock acer beats all

i think that people willing to try a custom rom are smart enough to understand that all the tweaks make custom roms more attractive than Acer stock rom.

And even if Acer stock rom seems to beat the others, everybody notice that there's no room enough for apps and it's full of crap (facebook, social jogger...)

That post encourages to not even try CM based development work

yes and no !!

if you really want to test the last custom rom, you'll do it even if it's still on development anyway

but, as i do, if you only want to improve your user experience, you don't want to try a rom without 3G support nor camera either! and i think that people have to know it before and not while they're testing a rom!

Sense of word "custom" comes only after trial and analysis.

For me, it's "custom" as soon as it's not the official one, the "stock rom".

and almost failed, sorry.

ok, tell me what's wrong so, i mean cell by cell in the spreadsheet, and not only saying it's dishonest or incomplete...

I really want to objectively compare the differents choices that Liquid metal owners have, nothing more...

corrections? - Leave CM-s alone. Or make a separate comparassion.

Do you want i create a second spreadsheet for CM and MIUI roms?

If you are so mad at me i'll delete the post or any references to your job in the spreadsheet!

One more time sorry but it's the kind of pinned topic i appreciate when i get a device and i try to modify it.

Edited by GuZzO80

Lens-flare why are you so mad at the guy. He spent some time compiling infos about ROMs available for this device and I think we should help him improve instead of just flaming him. He's not all knowing and he asks for help to improve his comparison.

Guest vache

One thing to keep in mind and that can be check with this spreadsheet :

CyanogenMod needs huge (really) work to run on some devices, specialy on Acer phones, but it should change as Acer intends to be closed from Android sources.

I can understand that you're angry Lens about seeing so much red cells on it, but it's a fact.

Guest ltpitt

I can understand that you're angry Lens about seeing so much red cells on it, but it's a fact.

Agreed.

Users simply count what's working...

Not everyone is a developer.

Guest Lens_flare
tell me what's wrong so, i mean cell by cell in the spread

will do my best, later.

Do you want i create a second spreadsheet for CM and MIUI roms?

at last highlight that it's not mere "stock rom mod", and what Vache said.

coz nobody else intended to beat those "red cells"

Not everyone is a developer.

yah, I'd agree if there were any.

Guest GuZzO80

all roms have been mirrored (see links in the spreadsheet) just in case !

I'll take care about lens_flare advices but i'll do it later.

• 1 month later...
Guest icanrule

I think it's an awesome spreadsheet. I'm not sure what the blank fields mean? Do they mean that you don't know if it supports it.

I can tell you that T&L supports GPS, camera, and camcorder and LED's if you want to update the spreadsheet.